Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence

Morgoth

It's better than the first, sure, the animation's gorgeous, just hope you like pretentious philoso-drivel flicks with stylised action, naked roboto titties and mind-bending visuals.

I doubt I could convince you to get Jin Roh instead, so yeah, it's an okay buy.

I enjoyed GITS1 and understood what the discussions, but I could not understand most of what Innocence was about. The animation is superb though.

Personally I didn't like Jin Roh. The idea's there (show's more meaningful when my friend mentioned they were battling Nazi influecne) but I didn't like the pacing.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

...naked roboto titties and mind-bending visuals.

Wait. That's all I'm asking for.

ALREADY BOUGHT! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I waded through tons of reviews, and most of them seem to be very positive (the R2 release at least. Seems like they screwed the dubbing in the R1 release, but that's not my problem. Haha).

GITS1 had already some philosophic touches (well at least the director kinda tried), so that shouldn't get too much into the way if the visuals and coolness factor is strikingly good again.

Dont ask me why and how but Ive seen it. I think Ive seen the first one too many years ago before Manga became such a trend, but I didnt like either one. The extremely shallow attempts at quasi-philosofy just made me cringe.

Those Japanasians should just stick to tentacle rape.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:)

Neon Genesis Evangelion kicks ass! And it has no tentacles

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:wacko:

I'm always insulted when they try to mimmick European/American behaviour .. the characters usually end up being extremely immature (like that women the boy lives with) and/or seriously psycho (like the father)...

or like Final Fantasy 7 where every character is such a stereotype it's alomst physixally painful to watch...

and don't get me started on music score!!

Fortune favors the bald.

:wacko:

I'm always insulted when they try to mimmick European/American behaviour .. the characters usually end up being extremely immature (like that women the boy lives with) and/or seriously psycho (like the father)...

I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Dont ask me why and how but Ive seen it. I think Ive seen the first one too many years ago before Manga became such a trend, but I didnt like either one. The extremely shallow attempts at quasi-philosofy just made me cringe.

Those Japanasians should just stick to tentacle rape.

The movie was a horrible rehash of the manga which is/was/always-will-be a trip.

http://www.nonsolomanga.it/manga5/shirow_gits06_01.htm

it's in espanol but you should probably get the picture. If not ask and I'll give a quick summary of the issue.

It should be noted that in the back of the TPB (which clocks in at 348 pgs) had about eight more story lines than what was featured in the movie AND has an extra addendum of scientific notes to the end pointing out how various things COULD concievably work.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:o

How long did you watch NGE? IF you watched whole serie and End of Evangelion, I truly do not understand how you ended up to that opinion and "mimmick-thing". If you watched episodes from only the beginning part of series... well, you can't tell how characters truly are. Especially in case of "extremely immature woman" (Misato Katsuragi).

You would not be better if your past would'be been same (especially when talking about Asuka).

Even Gendo Ikari has understandable motive and reasons why he is like he is.

Heck, none of the characters is like they appear to be when you meet them for the very first time. Each major character has their own inner conflicts and (in many cases) traumatic pasts, which should explain quite nicely their behaviour.

And what you mean with "trying to mimmick European/American behaviour"? Only character with European blood is Asuka (who is 3/4 german, 1/4 japanese), and there is no one from America in NGE. And I hardly see anyone from series mimmicking anybody :blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

The first GITS movie was exactly a pretentious quasi-philosophical action flick with the typical robot stuff. But then, I feel a strong aversion to all roboty sci-fi-ish action flicky stuff. The seasons have some of that, but also some good thematic stuff.

Didn't understand innocence when I saw it in a special big screen showing, it's not supposed to be understood at first viewing anyway. It's interesting, though I'm not sure if it's worth a buy. At best it's challenging and at worst it's pretentious and needlessly obscure.

Just like all art! :thumbsup:

Yesterday I finally bought the DVD and didn't regret one single cent I had to pay for it.

IT WAS ENORMOUS!

I thought the movie was, as opposed to what others said, more comprehensive than GITS1, actually. The story was somewhat thin, but not bad. Most of the power and "awhhh and ohhhhhs" came from the powerfull visual expression anymay, and that's the point of an anime after all.

All GITS haters go home and watch teh Muppets!

It's better than the first, sure, the animation's gorgeous, just hope you like pretentious philoso-drivel flicks with stylised action, naked roboto titties and mind-bending visuals.

I doubt I could convince you to get Jin Roh instead, so yeah, it's an okay buy.

YES!

As for Innocense, the whole movie blew over me, but it was a real looker and worth watching if you liked the previous one. I did.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How long did you watch NGE? IF you watched whole serie and End of Evangelion, I truly do not understand how you ended up to that opinion and "mimmick-thing". If you watched episodes from only the beginning part of series... well, you can't tell how characters truly are. Especially in case of "extremely immature woman" (Misato Katsuragi).

You would not be better if your past would'be been same (especially when talking about Asuka).

Heck, none of the characters is like they appear to be when you meet them for the very first time. Each major character has their own inner conflicts and (in many cases) traumatic pasts, which should explain quite nicely their behaviour.

And what you mean with "trying to mimmick European/American behaviour"?  Only character with European blood is Asuka (who is 3/4 german, 1/4 japanese), and there is no one from America in NGE. And I hardly see anyone from series mimmicking anybody :)

I mean none of them are particularly Japanese in their behaviour, nor European .. more like a mix between the two.. (this I have from personal observation and a Japanese exchange student who told me European and

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Screw that.  You guys should watch/rent

Mushishi

Samurai Champloo

Mushishi had some beautiful scenes, but was boring. I watched 6 or 7 first episodes and I kinda need a plot that stretches over the series.

Same thing applies to Samurai Champloo as well, though I watched all the episodes.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

And what you mean with "trying to mimmick European/American behaviour"?  Only character with European blood is Asuka (who is 3/4 german, 1/4 japanese), and there is no one from America in NGE. And I hardly see anyone from series mimmicking anybody :huh:

I mean none of them are particularly Japanese in their behaviour, nor European .. more like a mix between the two.. (this I have from personal observation and a Japanese exchange student who told me European and

You are a sad, sad man. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds