Guitar Tabulatures are now illegal!

angshuman

I remember going tape-to-tape to copy my buddies hit cassettes. It seemed like piracy wasn't as big a deal back then.

Although I always liked this t-shirt.

Nice shirt.

It is amusing to note, though, that most of the U.S. legal precedent regarding piracy comes from a case in the early 1980s involving Betamax recorders. Sony was sued under the theory that the Betamax was sold with the intent to aid customers in pirating copyrighted broadcasts. So piracy was at least a big enough deal to inspire some very drawn-out litigation.

As for Guitar tabs, if the Pianist and the Bassist can learn what to play when they see "A7#11" or the like, why do the Guitarists need a cheat sheet? If you want to be in a band but don't want to read music, the drum set is in the back.

As for Guitar tabs, if the Pianist and the Bassist can learn what to play when they see "A7#11" or the like, why do the Guitarists need a cheat sheet?  If you want to be in a band but don't want to read music, the drum set is in the back.

There are bass tabs too, you know, and pianists, well they read notation. It's simply a case of the guitar being the perfect instrument for a fairly good way to transcribe the sounds it makes.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God