IE

EnoGPRehT

Well, watched that sleezy comment on one dev on IE and advances of 3D.. Don't make me laught..

There's not a single advance in 3D engines of today. To be straight forward as we have seen around

last 2 history teaching years of RPGs. 'O you can add those to consoles' hehe... Cashing from publishers

nothing else.. I see so much waisted work at 3D games from devs I am really feeling sad for them actually to

"not be allowed" to make some real games.

The Infinity engine was and still is only perfect cRPG engine there is and will be long time to come only thing

mattering here is Atari and other big publishers whose buttocks to kiss. I see that distasteful comment to

refer fast gameplay and hack'n'splash through game in 10 minutes.. hahaha.. Get real.....

I don't see good RPG coming out in next 2-3 years from now and last RPG I saw on computers was Baldur's

gate 2 (which I see as 1 single player 11 CD game 'orginally').. That was a perfect game and still am

playing it since there is absolutely nothing to play. Seen NWN 2 screens/videos, Dragon Age which has

jammed for 2 years, Some idiotic idea for Mass Effect and bunch of other nonesense. Atari trying to cash

out with all console crappy ports riding with D&D Name (Dragonshard, Demonstone) :) ..

I would say if you cannot do it better than menzoberranzan don't do it all.. There's multible engines

to use to make great cRPG alive FOR PLAYERS. Although sad Troika took one very good engine with

them.. sad :o

I also wonder about this rumor that when company goes down projects maybe get re signed like Jefferson..

hehe.. Although I sadly missed what/how was BIS engine.. <_<

That post is nigh unreadable. Try to write something that makes sense, and while you're at it, learn how to use punctuation.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm betting English is his first language. Seriously.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes, some good games came out of the infinite engine, but it is SEVERELY limited in what it can do.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I was able to read it, it just takes some patience.

I'll translate:

3D sucks

IE was king

BG2 is the best game ever

Mass Effect will suck

Atari is a sellout for trying to make money

My world ended when Jefferson was canned

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but if IE was the 'perfect' cRPG engine (I haven't played any of the BG series :"> ), then the idea of developers being able to creatively improve it is slightly contradictory?

In any case, surely an engine is taylored for the needs of the game- what the devs want to concentrate on, be it combat, story etc etc &c?

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

I'll translate:

3D sucks

IE was king

Mass Effect will suck

Ramza's alternate identity?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"hack'n'splash" - First hack them if you're lucky, then splash them with bukakke where in Nagasaki they go spunky for your love! :(

Also: If guessing by the way the sentence lines skip over after one word, that he/she/it must have used some Jamahiriya-->English online translator, and then copy & pasted it over here.

manthing2.jpg

Well, watched that sleezy comment on one dev on IE and advances of 3D.. Don't make me laught..

There's not a single advance in 3D engines of today. To be straight forward as we have seen around

last 2 history teaching years of RPGs. 'O you can add those to consoles' hehe... Cashing from publishers

nothing else.. I see so much waisted work at 3D games from devs I am really feeling sad for them actually to

"not be allowed" to make some real games.

The Infinity engine was and still is only perfect cRPG engine there is and will be long time to come only thing

mattering here is Atari and other big publishers whose buttocks to kiss. I see that distasteful comment to

refer fast gameplay and hack'n'splash through game in 10 minutes.. hahaha.. Get real.....

I don't see good RPG coming out in next 2-3 years from now and last RPG I saw on computers was Baldur's

gate 2 (which I see as 1 single player 11 CD game 'orginally').. That was a perfect game and still am

playing it since there is absolutely nothing to play. Seen NWN 2 screens/videos, Dragon Age which has

jammed for 2 years, Some idiotic idea for Mass Effect and bunch of other nonesense. Atari trying to cash

out with all console crappy ports riding with D&D Name (Dragonshard, Demonstone)  :) ..

I would say if you cannot do it better than menzoberranzan don't do it all.. There's multible engines

to use to make great cRPG alive FOR PLAYERS. Although sad Troika took one very good engine with

them.. sad  :(

I also wonder about this rumor that when company goes down projects maybe get re signed like Jefferson..

hehe.. Although I sadly missed what/how was BIS engine..  <_<

*Sorry for reposting the above*

I smell Onur for some reason...

I actually share some of those sentiments.

Too much is put on 3D right now. 2D is still just as good and it is a visual style that can still be very beautiful, if not as "nifty" as 3D, where the main attraction is camera control(no?) which usually sucks in most 3D games anyway(except FPSs and a few others).

I have recently started a game of Icewind Dale and although at first I was a bit put down by 2D and mostly by the impossibility of zooming in, I soon forgot about it and I am enjoying it immensely.

But even though 3D games are nothing more than a technology showcase, or not, all we as gamers care about are the fun we will have with the games. 3D, 2D, 4D, 1D, who really, deep down, gives a crap?

I'll translate:

3D sucks

IE was king

Mass Effect will suck

I would have agreed with this 100% a few years ago. Now, after playing VtM Bloodlines, I will have to say 3D games are looking up.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'll translate:

3D sucks

IE was king

Mass Effect will suck

I would have agreed with this 100% a few years ago. Now, after playing VtM Bloodlines, I will have to say 3D games are looking up.

Why? What is so different about VTM:B?

The world looks realistic as does the characters in the game. One thing that turned me away from 3D games is the blocky looking characters.

agreed when 3D games started out the blockyness of the games were ugly and 2D games were better looking. Nowadays that isn't the case anymore 3D looks pretty damn good.

btw, Van Buren was in 3D and it looked like the ie games or the fallouts. Someone can easily make a 3D version of the ie games, it's just no one is willing.

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Actually the graphics in ToEE are better than any IE game I've played and that would be all of them. Not that I don't think the IE is any good, it's just Troika did a nice job of taking the IE to the next level.