Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

My soul? I would sell my soul for a Klondike Bar. :teehee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Halo 3

Mass Effect

Blue Dragon

Portal

and I guess any of Obsidian's games. K2 was fun, but I don't know if I look forward to any of the games. I am on their boards all the time though, so I have accumulated a sense of loyalty?

Edited by Blank

Have you played NWN2?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

TSL Restoration

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 & Portal

Sam & Max: every episode not yet publicy released

Dawn of War: Horus Heresy Mod

Assassin's Creed

Left 4 Dead

Games not particularly looking forward to, but following in the hope that I get more interested later

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok. I'm adding another PSP game to my list. Jeanne D'Arc. Another Level 5 game. These guys know what they are doing.

I was pretty excited about it until I started reading some impressions... apparently it's a fairly easy and generic SRPG with a very Saturday morning anime story.

I'm still looking forward to the same game mainly...

Persona 3

Etrian Odyssey

STALKER

Bioshock

Hold on. How is NWN2 anyway? I ignored the reviews people here gave because they were laced with spoilers. Or, I assumed they were. They were also long and I'd have to go back and look. Whereas you guys could just say a sentence about it now and appease my curiosity.

Edited by Blank

Ok. I'm adding another PSP game to my list. Jeanne D'Arc. Another Level 5 game. These guys know what they are doing.

I was pretty excited about it until I started reading some impressions... apparently it's a fairly easy and generic SRPG with a very Saturday morning anime story.

I'm still looking forward to the same game mainly...

Persona 3

Etrian Odyssey

STALKER

Bioshock

This is not good news. I really want to use my PSP for gaming. You can do lots of things with it, but when it comes to gaming it simply sucks. So Haitoku, do you know anything about Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner. It's an ATLUS title, so I think it could be worth checking out.

centinexx.png

Hold on. How is NWN2 anyway? I ignored the reviews people here gave because they were laced with spoilers. Or, I assumed they were. They were also long and I'd have to go back and look. Whereas you guys could just say a sentence about it now and appease my curiosity.

K, no spoilers.

Cons - cause I like to talk about them first, great game or not.

-The engine unfortunatly sucks. The game at it's highest graphical settings still looks like a 2 year old game yet runs like it is a DX 10 monster.

-A huge leap back in special effects from NWN 1. I'm not talking about graphics, as it is a big improvement (still not big enough IMHO), but in effects like:

NWN 1 = water splashes as you walk through

NWN 2 = water remains static with no 'reaction' to walking through it.

NWN 1 = People move their heads to look at who they are talking to/what you point your cursor at. IE Halflings look up to a human and talk to them.

NWN 2 = People always look dead straight again. If you are playing a human talking to a halfling they talk straight ahead to your crotch.

NWN 1 = Arrows stick to the environment/enemies shot.

NWN 2 = Arrows stick to nothing and 'explode' upon impact with any sruface.

NWN 1 = During battle, characters clash together creating sparks and make other feints.

NWN 2 = You are lucky if you get an animation of your character shifting their weapon during combat. One person sings, then the next.

NWN 1 = Clothing and hair bounces and shifts.

NWN 2 = Clothing/hair doesn't move whatsoever.

-Extremly poor inventory system with no auto management. While some people are happy with Infinity Engine inventory style, I think it is time to revamp it. Not only is it old style manage it yourself but the icons are tiny and difficult to see.

-A few of the characters need some serious additions. From the start to the end you get the same questions with few new questions added.

-While the outdoor toolset has made outdoor areas look much more natural, interiors have recieved few additions. In making my own module it is very frustrating to see all the limitations. No twisting corridors, pits or levels.

-No ragdoll physics. Oh come on! How cool would it be to knock orcs down hills??

-Player faces could use an overhaul. They aren't as bad as many people make them out to be, but they aren't all that great either and not many choices. Gee I can choose 1 of 4 different male human heads, all of which look like crap!

Pros

-The story and characters are a huge improvement over the first game.

-While modules take much longer to complete, they are much better looking and advanced.

-Obsidian showing that they care about the community as much, if not more by their continued support for the game. Only a few months out and the game has recieved multiple patches, many with some major updates that really improve the game/custom content creation. This alone makes most of my cons pale a bit as time goes on.

-Great character creation. While the ability to choose more faces/sculpt your own could be improved, there are many many ways to customize your character.

More than a sentence, I know. While I thought of more cons than pros, I think this is an overall good game. I'd give it a 6-7 out of 10. The good news is the patches that keep coming out are improving this game little by little as they come. It is deffiniyly worth atleast one play through IMHO.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

greasy... about half of what you posted sounds like you're system isn't up to the strain of NWN2... unless you got 1 and 2 swapped.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This is not good news. I really want to use my PSP for gaming. You can do lots of things with it, but when it comes to gaming it simply sucks. So Haitoku, do you know anything about Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner. It's an ATLUS title, so I think it could be worth checking out.

Ah, another game I was really interested in. On paper, the game sounds fantastic. Shin Megami Tensei series creator is director, which should almost guarantee stellar gameplay and the it also has a lot of impressive music talent. I was expecting a typical Okada game. Gritty, mature and very difficult... unfortunately, it looks like the magic of the SMT series stayed behind in Atlus R&D1. The game is apparently very uninspired both in it's dungeon design and battle system not to mention the game has a lot of bloated scenes and very terrible art direction.

I'll pick it, but only because I already payed in full and I'm sure there it can't be as bad as people are making it seem.

Sorry to be such a buzz-kill, on the plus side... a cool Castlevania compilation was just announced for the PSP.

Etrian Odyssey

High up on the list for me.

Otherwise, in terms of DS titles, let's see...

- Heroes of Mana - that's just me being a Mana sucker, but the RPG-RTS elements actually look compelling given the control scheme.

- Dragon Quest IX - I haven't traditionally been a DQ player, but coop makes this a winner. Online coop even more so.

- It's A Wonderful World - A Squeenix new IP that actually doesn't look bad. The gameplay mechanics look quite interesting.

- Front Mission 1st - Given that I've never actually played FM1. FM3-4 were solid/good, so a localized version would be pretty appreciated. Especially with the DS SRPG drought. Gimme Fire Emblem DS, jerks.

- Pokemon? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Actually, I've never really seriously played a Pokemon game, but the appeal certainly is there, and the online part sounds pretty neat. The CCG gameboy version was good enough. I might possibly be interested in trying these ones out.

Otherwise, I'm still waiting for Phoenix Wright 2 and Hotel Dusk to show up at some point. Stupid Amazon. FFVI is also right up there, though of course, a GBA game. There's also a good number of titles in which I'm keeping an eye on, but nothing beyond mild interest.

For the 360, I don't see any potentially good coop games on the near horizon, so I can't say I'm really looking forward to anything much. Maybe Bioshock and Eternal Sonata. I'd like to say Mass Effect/Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey, but I don't know.

For PC, the list is pretty short.

- Armed Assault

- Close Combat - Cross of Iron

- Airborne Assault - Battles From The Bulge

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

greasy... about half of what you posted sounds like you're system isn't up to the strain of NWN2... unless you got 1 and 2 swapped.

Considering my system can handle Oblivion and just about every other recent high quality game at max settings with few problems I think it is NWN 2 that has the problem. NWN 2 just doesn't look that impressive compared with it's poor FPS with graphics maxed. Maybe it is some setting on my system, but I just don't get how other graphical monster games can run smoothly on my system while NWN 2 dies with too much going on or if I dare turn shadows on with a high resolution. People have complained about performance from customers to major review sites so I think there must be some validity to the claims.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'unless you got 1 and 2 swapped'. Are you talking about the list of little effects that NWN 1 had that NWN 2 didn't? All of the effects I listed are completly absent from NWN 2 unless I've missed some setting or mod.

For instance, arrows do not stick to the environment or enemies at all in NWN 2. I don't see how I swapped any of those complaints...

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I didn't like it. Never got used to the interface and the camera. It didn't help that my system handled Oblivion just fine but is super laggy with NWN2.

Ah, another game I was really interested in. On paper, the game sounds fantastic. Shin Megami Tensei series creator is director, which should almost guarantee stellar gameplay and the it also has a lot of impressive music talent. I was expecting a typical Okada game. Gritty, mature and very difficult... unfortunately, it looks like the magic of the SMT series stayed behind in Atlus R&D1. The game is apparently very uninspired both in it's dungeon design and battle system not to mention the game has a lot of bloated scenes and very terrible art direction.

I'll pick it, but only because I already payed in full and I'm sure there it can't be as bad as people are making it seem.

Sorry to be such a buzz-kill, on the plus side... a cool Castlevania compilation was just announced for the PSP.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I think I'll be waiting for the Castlevaina Compilation and FFI & FFII & FF: T remakes.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

It is a good game and it is getting solid support. It is what NWN1 should have been.

By Zeus, why the crap are you looking forward to FF1/2?

:confused: Well, I never played them and I need a lengthy thing(game) to play on holidays. They are really that bad, or just old?

Well, you shouldn't be supporting this kind of blatant quick cash scheme by Square-Enix... and yeah, I would say they are bad.

FF1 is pretty much a giant grind and FF2 has the most broken statistic system of any RPG I have ever played. Unless they are fixing all of that I wouldn't say the games are worth purchasing even if you haven't played them before. They are certainly not worth it if you bought FF Origins on the PSone and/or GBA... Both games came bundles in that version as well unlike the PSP version!!!

Edited by Haitoku

People who complain about NWN2's performance and then say they can run Oblivion great need to understand that they are vastly different in their performance needs. FPS style games run completely different. I'm not technically savvy enough to explain it well, but rest assured, it's your PC and not the game. NWN2 looks brilliant on my PC. :teehee: