Jack Thompson(Evil videogame hating moron on G4TV.

jodo kast 5

I thought it was funny when he said Rockstar didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because they said they didn't make the hot coffee mod. Um... they didn't.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This debate was awful. No one actually has time defend their points properly, and they manage to do exactly bugger all with the time they do have.

Also, the guys speaking for games didn't strike me as particularly bright.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Jack Thompsson and the league of christian conservatives has got it completely backwards. Aspiring psychos like to play violent video games* or watching snuff clips on the internet BECAUSE they are psychos to begin with, not because the stuff itself makes them. What makes them that way is either genetic or the result of a seriously screwed up childhood.

Its exactly how people in the 18th century accused Beethovens music of inspiring the young to lewd acts, or how the Beatles white album supposedly inspired the Manson Family. Completely and outrageously wrong in every aspect.

*, Normal people dont actually percieve game violence as violence, its just part of the gameplay. And also the built-in human psychological rephlex that pressing a button and getting massive amounts of feedback(like a massive explosion or) is tons of fun.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's been confirmed that Rockstar did make the Hot coffee scene, they just chose to cut it from the final game (Like K2's cut content). The 'mod' was simply someone reviving that content.

Yeah, but Thompson implied that Rockstar made the mod.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Jack Thompsson and the league of christian conservatives has got it completely backwards. Aspiring psychos like to play violent video games* or watching snuff clips on the internet BECAUSE they are psychos to begin with, not because the stuff itself makes them. What makes them that way is either genetic or the result of a seriously screwed up childhood.

Its exactly how people in the 18th century accused Beethovens music of inspiring the young to lewd acts, or how the Beatles white album supposedly inspired the Manson Family. Completely and outrageously wrong in every aspect.

*, Normal people dont actually percieve game violence as violence, its just part of the gameplay. And also the built-in human psychological rephlex that pressing a button and getting massive amounts of feedback(like a massive explosion or) is tons of fun.

I agree. Humans will continue to search for answers to problems they are unable to solve themselves. Jack Thompson's motives are fickle. He resembles a sociopath who has recently emerged from the abyss of his self-loathing and is angry at the world for his own stupidity. He is a class act Charlatan. The guy reminds me of Emperor Palpatine.

Um, Thompson is building a reputation that he can bank on. I doubt very much if he actually believes the crap he is peddling: he is just making sure that if anyone wants to bring a class action against the video game industry, he is the first name they think of.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Like Games Like grand theft auto"

The funny thing is that the crime rate amongst kids has gone down since GTA came out. In fact, the crime rate in the US has been coming down since games have become popular. At least any study I've seen on the issue.

JT is a moron. Plain, and simple.

People who are violent ar egonna be violent games or no games. Just because a murderer had played some video game when they were a kid does mean there is some sort of connection. Damn idiot he is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Did Supaman survive?

yup... nearly killed the UN because they were the ones who dropped the Nuke.

How did the UN get a nuke? They don't have any military power.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

:thumbsup:

you say this stuff like you've thought about it before.

Not really... my imagination is very active and very fast at pulling up images based on what little I know

Hey Calax, what did you think of the last superman movie??

it was Meh. It felt like a rehash of the first one and Lois was just out and out wrong

Did Supaman survive?

yup... nearly killed the UN because they were the ones who dropped the Nuke.

How did the UN get a nuke? They don't have any military power.

its the future... the insinuation is that the UN is the ruling body of the world. Either that or they changed to deal with the next generation of heroes who don't really care about the "peons" welfare.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's been confirmed that Rockstar did make the Hot coffee scene, they just chose to cut it from the final game (Like K2's cut content). The 'mod' was simply someone reviving that content.

No hackers did but i saw the mod sick stuff

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

I didn't read through the thread, but, did anyone point out the fact that it's ironic that Jodo Kast started this thread? Now, I don't know if it's just a coincedence, but if not, he is really just a walking, talking example of how some people who play vidoe games get all jumbled up in the head.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Just a little note:

It has often been suggested that crime rate in the US has recently gone DOWN, and this is one of the reasons Thompson is an idiot. While Thompson IS an idiot, this is a logical fallacy:

As nobody claims that video games are the sole variable that controls crime rates, it is possible for video-game induced violence/crime to increase, and for the overall crime rate to fall (thanks to other variables). Therefore Thompson's argument can neither be supported nor debunked with such a statistic.

Of course, one could simply say that the only way Thompson could accuse video games of increasing violence/crime levels is to calculate the number of incidents directly related in a causal fashion to video games, and that is a notoriously difficult thing to track, causality.