new, improved computer... worse results

I just bought a new HP amd dual core processor computer with a better graphic card than I had before and with more memory, but now the graphics lag very very badly... I downloaded the driver from amd as follows

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

and downloaded all updates for the game and I am still having the same graphic lag issue. much much worse than the "idiot dance" issue I was having on the lesser system. I did see something about disabling one of the cores but I do not know how to do that. and I thought downloading that update would fix the problem where I would not need to disable the core.

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=8/12/2006 8:29:50 AM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=2046

[CPU]

CPUCount=2

CPUSpeed=2204

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=11

CPUStepping=1

CPUVendor=AMD

CPUName=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1984

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=209.16GB

D: (FAT32), UNICODE=435MB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\

Drives=LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160H6S,PHILIPS DVD8421

[Video]

Video Card Name=NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

Video Memory=256

Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.0.1

OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 6150 LE/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

NVidia Driver=6.14.10.8205

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=Realtek HD Audio rear output

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

[Game Options]

[config]

firstrun=0

I just bought a new HP amd dual core processor computer with a better graphic card than I had before and with more memory, but now the graphics lag very very badly... I downloaded the driver from amd as follows

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

and downloaded all updates for the game and I am still having the same graphic lag issue.  much much worse than the "idiot dance" issue I was having on the lesser system.  I did see something about disabling one of the cores but I do not know how to do that.  and I thought downloading that update would fix the problem where I would not need to disable the core.

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=8/12/2006 8:29:50 AM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=2046

[CPU]

CPUCount=2

CPUSpeed=2204

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=11

CPUStepping=1

CPUVendor=AMD

CPUName=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1984

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=209.16GB

D: (FAT32), UNICODE=435MB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\

Drives=LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160H6S,PHILIPS DVD8421

[Video]

Video Card Name=NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 

Video Memory=256

Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.0.1

OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 6150 LE/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

NVidia Driver=6.14.10.8205

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=Realtek HD Audio rear output

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

[Game Options]

[config]

firstrun=0

:D I got an Xbox.

You probably have to change that thing in the ini from 1 to 0. Frambuffereffects or somit. I had to do this as its a problem with nvida cards. Tho this was for kotor 1 i think im not sure if its the same in kotor 2.

Edited by Skeeter

Thing I would advice is shutting down one of the cores while playing Kotor2.

And yes... Tech forum isn't Technical Support for Kotor2. Still have NO idea why they deleted it... not enough activity? Wouldn't that be great instead of a reason to shut it down? :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Umm. Isn't the 6150 intregrated? Integrated sucks balls.

The GeForce 6150 is indeed integrated.

It is also a low-cost graphics solution, and not directed at gaming. The "LE" version, is even slower than the regular 6150, and seeing as the 6150 hardly could be said "gameworthy", I somehow doubt it was ever meant to run KotOR2.

Too many people focus on a fast CPU only when they buy a computer, but especially when it comes to brand name computers, this is by no means a good indication of the over-all system performance.

Thelvinaer, if your old graphics card wasn't integrated, it's a GOOD chance it's MUCH faster than the new one. The 6150 isn't even on par with an old GeForce Ti4200. The 6150LE is prolly around half the performance of the Ti4200. Atleast if the numbers I can find on the net is anything to go by.

Sorry man, but your graphics just ain't made for running games much beyond Solitaire. ;)