A question of influence

i plyaed the game as light side but now i want to try dark side. when getting companios to the dark side, should i say things that lower their influence? the manuel says things like "when he/she has a high OR LOW enough influence, you get this line of dialoge" does that mean having a low influence will have the same affect as a high influence but with the dark side?

no. gaining influence causes npcs to follow your example (become DS)

losing influence makes them go to the opposite alignment. i only made a jedi from lost influence once with disciple because i dont like him and he gave me DS points.

i always play darkside :blink:

bao dur looks awesome darkside and atton looks creepy.

btw

atton will gain influence for you doing dark things like killing random ppl. it is great

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Yeah! that's why it's great with Atton in your party...even if you kill peoples...you will gain influence with him

But be warned..if you kill peoples with Kreia..in your party...she will lose influence......like on Telos...when you will need to kill Loppask Slusk..there is a women on the counter...do not kill her yet..cause you will lose influence with Kreia...remove her from you party...but not Atton..because you will gain influence with him

And for Opo Chano....remove Kreia...but do not remove Atton..cause you will gain influence with him

Edited by LordRevan

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

Yeah! that's why it's great with Atton in your party...even if you kill peoples...you will gain influence with him

But be warned..if  you kill peoples with Kreia..in your party...she will lose influence......like on Telos...when you will need to kill Loppask Slusk..there is a women on the counter...do not kill her yet..cause you will lose influence with Kreia...remove her from you party...but not Atton..because you will gain influence with him

And for Opo Chano....remove Kreia...but do not remove Atton..cause you will gain influence with him

he's right cause you need influence with atton to make him a jedi or sith

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

To be as exact as possible, if you want to gain influence to convert party members, having influence around 3 times would probably suffice, for some it might be twice. Did it with Bao-Dur and leveled him up as a force user. However some characters have to be influenced at certain locations like say, Mira. Whether for DS/LS, Atton seems easy enough to convert to a DS force user, though. (Am tired, so will take a rest for now)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

There is a way to gain influence with Atton in the abandoned military base on telos. First you need to go into single player mode ie stealth. To make sure you don't loose any with Bao-Dur, he must be far enough away ,nearer to the loading bay.Bring Atton to the door. Then let your psychotic urges drive you to kill the Merc.

I don't know if it is possible on PC.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

i plyaed the game as light side but now i want to try dark side.  when getting companios to the dark side, should i say things that lower their influence?  the manuel says things like "when he/she has a high OR LOW enough influence, you get this line of dialoge"  does that mean having a low influence will have the same affect as a high influence but with the dark side?

You are CORRECT:

To unlock character dialogue and training options, you need high OR low influence. 98 influence has the same effect as 2 influence. The rewards are the same.

Influence will determine their alignement with respect to yours. Gaining influence will force NPCs towards your alignment, loosing will force them the other way.

Your objective should be to gain influence with NPCs who are sympathetic to your alignment, and loose influence to those who are not. Some NPCs can be bent easily in either direction, or can be influenced with no alignment shift.

As DS, you should try to gain inluence with Kreia, Atton, Visas, Handmaiden, HK, G0-T0 and Hanharr. You should try to loose influence with Bao-Dur, T3 and Disciple.

More here:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php