Revan vs. Thrawn

If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?

• Revan
    • Thrawn

I am going to repeat this only once more. They are both great. I only think that Revan would win what perhaps is not true. There are no perfect persons. We did not see the fight and we are not going to see it. I agree that Revan is winning because half of people here do not know who Thrawn is. But *she is winning.

*he

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Even though I have played the game, I don't believe I have enough of Revan's story to make a perfect opinion.

I am versed with Thrawn's background. If I were to compare them both to what I currently know, I believe that Thrawn's military tactics would crush Revan. Thrawn has the unique ability to know what the enemy is thinking. I haven't seen this in Revan's choices or actions. Revan hasn't made choices that delt with the longevity of an Empire. Revan is mostly focused on his longevity, and he could really careless about an army. He will utilize an army to win a war, but he is not concerned with the technics of how one works. Thrawn is motivated by his own longevity, and the longevity of the Empire. Thrawn looks beyond the normal convention of war, and looks at all senerios from every side.

Thrawn maybe a non-force user, but he can out think the best of them. He will admit when he is wrong, and he will take action to perfect his agenda.

When Thrawn was confronted by Luke, Mara, and C'Boath, he utilized the 'ysamari' to disable their force powers. In the 'Thrawn Trilogy', he took 'ysamari' and planeted them all over his ship, so C'Boath and Mara couldn't harm him. Lol... That military bastard.

Thrawn is a military perfectionist.

Edited by DarthMethos

I think is a bit problematic to objectively say that Thrawn is better than Revan, even reading all that is relased... why?.... here a pratical example...

what i know about Thrawn and Revan?

i know Revan from KOTOR games and Thrawn for TIE fighter and some things i heard... both are quite lacky but let's try...

both are considered military genius

-Revan won a war against manda, a war that the repubblic was losing badly.

-Revan almost won a war against the republic before s/he was betrayed, not really a big thing as s/he had both numeric and tech superiority

- Revan defeated the true sith but we don't know how

- Revan is an extremely powerfull and important jedi... sort of Anakin

- Tharwn was winning a war against the new republic before he was betrayed, he had probably numeric/resource inferiority but also a military/tech superiority (imp fleet/army > new republic)

- Tharwn defeated the traitor Zharin

- Tharwn was a Chiss (?) and had to show some extremely good qualities to climb empire gerarchy

for this comparsion i think Revan probably prevail, or at least is my opinion, as he won 1 if not 2 difficult wars while Tharwn lost his one... also Revan was a jedi and the force can be considered a "bonus" ove other normal skills.

now, maybe if i read Tharwn books and eventual additional material about Revan i can change my mind and opinion and think as Ghost, but still i can't say that the admiral was better, as much my knowledge (and so my opinion) can be flawed now, my knowledge (and so my opinion) will be flawed even after reading all the books around...

the problem is that the history of Tharwn is actually closed... more or less we know the peak of his career, the battles he won and how he acted... but that is not true for Revan... his/her history is still open, we don't know how the "sith menace" will be resolved and is possible that there will be another war where Revan will show even greater skills than in past...

we don't know yet the peak of Revan history, we know a part but the history is not finished yet.

so it seem a bit strange to me to blame other people for ignorance as everyone is ignorant not (eventually) only about Thawern, but even about Revan, as his/her story is probably far away from an ending.

-Revan almost won a war against the republic before s/he was betrayed, not really a big thing as s/he had both numeric and tech superiority

- Tharwn was winning a war against the new republic before he was betrayed, he had probably numeric/resource inferiority but also a military/tech superiority (imp fleet/army > new republic)

- Tharwn was a Chiss (?) and had to show some extremely good qualities to climb empire gerarchy

Just out of curiosity, why do people keep saying Revan had less of an army at his disposal against the Mandalorians? By Canderous' own admission, the Republic out manned them 5 to 1. That means Revan had 5 times the fleet/soldiers that the Mandalorians did.

And as for Thrawn's technology being better than the New Republic, again, no. The New Republic was the dominant power, and Thrawn only had the remaining scraps of the dying Empire at his disposal.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just out of curiosity, why do people keep saying Revan had less of an army at his disposal against the Mandalorians?  By Canderous' own admission, the Republic out manned them 5 to 1.  That means Revan had 5 times the fleet/soldiers that the Mandalorians did.

And as for Thrawn's technology being better than the New Republic, again, no.  The New Republic was the dominant power, and Thrawn only had the remaining scraps of the dying Empire at his disposal.

i have not said that s/he was in numerical inferiority, but is clear that, even if the republic was outnumbering mandaloreans, it was losing badly... system after system...

this mean that mandas had some other superiority, it could be training, it could be tech and this other superiroty was more effective than simply numbers...

just an historical example... when first machineguns where developed they where used by colonialists empire to subjugate a large number of african/asian popolations... there was a battle in particular where a couple of english soldiers with MG decimated an "army" composed by thousands of indigenous "soldiers"...

now i don't think this is the same for manda/republic but is just to show that the number is not always the most important factor.

for imp and new republic... imp fleet was military/tech bettern than republic one... ISD where the most powerfull capital ships by a good margin... again 1 ISD can take out 2 mon cals and even interdictors or carriers where not to underestimate with their role specialization.

fighters where imo more balanced, and for ground battle various ATs seemed to be quite unmatched (exept when they where fighting teddybears)

for imp and new republic... imp fleet was military/tech bettern than republic one... ISD where the most powerfull capital ships by a good margin... again 1 ISD can take out 2 mon cals and even interdictors or carriers where not to underestimate with their role specialization.

fighters where imo more balanced, and for ground battle various ATs seemed to be quite unmatched (exept when they where fighting teddybears)

Um, the New Republic had a bunch of ISD of their own. They'd captured quite a few of them by the time Thrawn showed up. The New Republic was in no way, shape or form, inferior, technologically speaking, to Thrawn's diminished Empire.

And the reason the Mandalorians were winning is because they were great warriors. That doesn't lessen the fact that Revan still had superior numbers of ships/soldiers on his side.

doesn't lessen it, but where more than enought to balance that factor and to be near to defeat the republic...

everyone in kotor says that if it was not for Revan, mandaloreans had conquered the republic, so yes they where outnumbered but they where way stronger/better equipped than the republic army

so imo the fact that republic had more ships/soildiers doesn't lessen the fact that was Revan to "win the war" and whitout his/ner intervention the republic had fallen to mandas.

And that doesn't change the fact Revan won a war in which he had superior odds. Thrawn was known to win, or come close to winning (as the case may be in the Thrawn trilogy) wars he was the overwhelming underdog.

Just out of curiosity, why do people keep saying Revan had less of an army at his disposal against the Mandalorians? By Canderous' own admission, the Republic out manned them 5 to 1. That means Revan had 5 times the fleet/soldiers that the Mandalorians did.

And as for Thrawn's technology being better than the New Republic, again, no. The New Republic was the dominant power, and Thrawn only had the remaining scraps of the dying Empire at his disposal.

Revan also had all the Jedi that followed him into the war, and Jedi count as like 6 soldiers.

Perhaps Ghost is not a fanboy, but I am not fangirl either. I objectively think Revan would win.

*IF* you know both backstories, and that's still your opinion, by all means. However, the main crux of why I responded to you this last time was your statement that "Revan winning this poll is proof Revan is better", and I disagreed, stating that 90% of those who voted for Revan probably have never even heard of Thrawn.

You really need to keep up with what you're debating about.

Yes i've heard of thrawn

""heard of" is not same as knowing the character.

Oh, in some battles Republic had 10 soldiers against 1 mandalorian. For example, Dxun

And not to forget all the jedi that followed Revan to war. I know that without Revan mandalorians would've won, heck, Revan is one of the best commanders in Galaxy's history. However, Thrawn is even better.

And NR was in no way underdog during Thrawn trilogy. It was Thrawn

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Wow, this argument's still going on? You go away for a few days, and you figure that thing would've died down... :( Guess not!

Besides women in the internets is a myth and has no basis in reality what so ever.

Wait... are you saying I'm a mythical creature?

Sweet!

Can I be a unicorn?

Edited by Silvershadow

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Unicorn biting her glasses would be so hot.

I mean, ha ha, what?

I'll... uh... keep that in mind.

Funny, you never struck me as a furry.

ANYWHOO... this is literally how long the Revan/Thrawn argument lasted in my household:

Silver: Hey, who do you think would win--Revan or Thrawn?

Silver's bf: Well, Thrawn, duh!

Silver: Thank you.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital