Revan vs. Thrawn

If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?

• Revan
    • Thrawn

:wacko:

You are not that stupid, aren't you?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And the probability is 90% of people who voted for Revan have no clue who Thrawn (or any Star Wars character, other than those in the movies, or the two KOTOR video games) is.

As I said earlier, go to a Jar Jar Binks fansite (there must be one out there) and do a poll about who is more powerful, Jar Jar or Darth Vader, and you'll see Jar Jar win the poll.

The fact that Revan's not winning by a landslide speaks volumes about how good Thrawn really is, to give Revan competition on what basically boils down to Revan's own fansite.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And the probability is 90% of people who voted for Revan have no clue who Thrawn (or any Star Wars character, other than those in the movies, or the two KOTOR video games) is.

As I said earlier, go to a Jar Jar Binks fansite (there must be one out there) and do a poll about who is more powerful, Jar Jar or Darth Vader, and you'll see Jar Jar win the poll.

The fact that Revan's not winning by a landslide speaks volumes about how good Thrawn really is, to give Revan competition on what basically boils down to Revan's own fansite.

I think is a bit reductive to say that people don't vote for Thrawn because its a Kotor forum and are fans of Revan, about to not know well Thrawn probably you are right (i don't know him very well) but still there are things i know about these chars and is where my opinion comes from... and i don't know Revan more than Thrawn, as in the end we don't know much about him.

also saying that it seem to me you are doing the same "mistake" you where speaking about, you really seem a Thrawn fans, to the point that everyone that disagree with you is just wrong because ignorance or "fanatism".

(and in the end it doesn't matter much to me who is better, i have expressed my opinion and there it ends)

also saying that it seem to me you are doing the same "mistake" you where speaking about, you really seem a Thrawn fans, to the point that everyone that disagree with you is just wrong because ignorance or "fanatism".

Wrong.

I've read about both characters. I've read every piece of information about Revan that is available, and I've read every piece of information about Thrawn. I *know* both their backstories, implicitely. Hence I'm basing my opinion on that, not on some personal interest I have in one or the other.

Btw, as characters go, I actually like the Revan character. I'm just not blinded by that intrigue in the character to ignore the fact that Thrawn was a superior military tactician.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't think Revan would ever use a TEXTBOOK manuver against a guy who's got a textbook because after one attack by three fighters he's able to figure out the race of the commander and the psyoclogical abilities of said commander.

Thrawn does that in about six pages of the Heir to the Empire.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I respect other peoples opinions, but they must have good proof for their opinions. If I see good enough reason for person's opinion, it's okay to me. However, when there is not any true reasons/proofs/facts/whatever for person's opinion (all muslims are baddies!), I try to make them see where they are wrong.

This is one reaso why I am so active in this debate, since there is not a single reason for Revan to thriumph over Thrawn

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ignorance truly is bliss, huh.  :blink:"

Indeed. But if you say I am ignorant, than I can say the same thing about you. You are not giving up from Thrawn. So, we can say you are ignorant or fanboy. These are your words.

No he isnt a fanboy... Dont you listen to his posts, Jezz this is a major problem here, people IGNORANTLY rant on acting like such things have never been posted. I am going to repeat something which my science teacher said to do in exams, RTFQ, it means Read the Question, and yes I hope you can at some point find out what F means.

Wrong.

I've read about both characters. I've read every piece of information about Revan that is available, and I've read every piece of information about Thrawn. I *know* both their backstories, implicitely. Hence I'm basing my opinion on that, not on some personal interest I have in one or the other.

Btw, as characters go, I actually like the Revan character. I'm just not blinded by that intrigue in the character to ignore the fact that Thrawn was a superior military tactician.

He has given his explaination to his siding and he has said why...

Perhaps Ghost is not a fanboy, but I am not fangirl either. I objectively think Revan would win.

*IF* you know both backstories, and that's still your opinion, by all means. However, the main crux of why I responded to you this last time was your statement that "Revan winning this poll is proof Revan is better", and I disagreed, stating that 90% of those who voted for Revan probably have never even heard of Thrawn.

You really need to keep up with what you're debating about.

Perhaps Ghost is not a fanboy, but I am not fangirl either. I objectively think Revan would win.

*IF* you know both backstories, and that's still your opinion, by all means. However, the main crux of why I responded to you this last time was your statement that "Revan winning this poll is proof Revan is better", and I disagreed, stating that 90% of those who voted for Revan probably have never even heard of Thrawn.

You really need to keep up with what you're debating about.

Yes i've heard of thrawn

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

The point is that Ghost quoted something that I didn`t said.

Ghostie, you don`t know how glad I am that Revan is winning. That means that I am right. Revan would defeat Thrawn.

Seems to me you did say it.

Joking or not, you keep referring to the poll as some sort of evidence that Revan would win.

So either you take stock in the poll as "proof" that Revan would defeat Thrawn, or you need to stop bringing up the poll results if you're just "joking" about it being proof.

Which is it, once and for all?

Way to ignore my post when I cornered you on actually making a firm statement.

^ was for Light Ina, not Krookie.

Edited by GhostofAnakin