Broken Sword 4 interview

Morgoth

Head over here and read what good ol' Charles Cecil has to say about BS4, a possible Steel Sky 2, the Adventure genre generally, and why EA is retarded.

I for one am anxiously participating the come back of George and ...Madame Nico!  :lol:

Beneath a Steel Sky 2 would be great! :) Good to see someone optimistic about the Adventure genre, and not just the interactive movie path - as much as I enjoyed Fahrenheit, I don't think all adventures should go that route.

September 15th can't come fast enough. :):)

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nice, i heard that this will be the last broken sword though, so it better be good!

I hope that too. Most importantly, it's PC exclusive, which means (hopefully) better controls. The point-and-click is back, so no fear there I presume. I remember when my veins always swelled because I got so angry due to the silly Keyboard controls from BS3. :'(

I haven't seen any adventure game series, that I liked, make a succesful turn from isometric to the world of 1st or 3rd person 3D. Somehow the blurry world of 3D effects haven't been mixing well with the need for and attention to detail that often rules adventure games. Not to mention the horrible controls that replaced the point-n-click adventure style. After futile attempts to play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine and Gabriel Knight 3, I completely lost interest. It's been a long time.

I'm glad to see that Broken Sword 4 intends to rectify the mistakes of BS3 and add support for the old-school as well. It's a nice read. I'm definitely going to try it.

(Signatures: disabled) 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got it to work. I had either to patch or clean install DirectX, not quite sure what it was, but the demo's working now. Good to see George again. :)

Plus, point and click mouse control. ;) It stuttered a little, though, on a scene whose graphics didn't seem to warrant it. Might be my value sound card's fault.

I haven't got very far into the demo yet. I might not bother in the end, after all it's not as if I'm not going to buy this game. :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 1 month later...

Not exactly - They're graphic adventures in the old-school Lucasarts vein - Your Monkey Islands, Grim Fandangos, Day of the Tentacles. Mostly comedic 'find item, use item with other item, solve story-driven logic puzzles through inventory/environment/character interaction, etc.' you-can-never-die-or-screw-up, this-is-all-for-the-fun-of-experimentation-adventures. Well, I tell a lie. The vast majority of Lucasarts' adventures made it impossible to die or screw up, others (including Broken Sword) made death quite possible, though you could always reload.

My favourite genre of game. They mostly died out in the late 90s - They were 90+% of the time of high quality, but tended not to sell as well as they deserved.

Edited by Tha Cunnysmythe

Not exactly - They're graphic adventures in the old-school Lucasarts vein - Your Monkey Islands, Grim Fandangos, Day of the Tentacles. Mostly comedic 'find item, use item with other item, solve story-driven logic puzzles through inventory/environment interaction, etc.'

My favourite genre of game. They mostly died out in the late 90s - They were 90+% of the time of high quality, but tended not to sell as well as they deserved.

Grim Fandango and Sam & Max FTW!

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)