Player in need of Tech help

Hi all! I just got Kotor 2 and it freakin' CRAWLS when I try to play it.

I have set all the video settings to low or off to help speed things up but it still moves slower than a snail.

my computer is brand new so I don't know what the heck the problem is. these are the specs:

Sony Vaio Laptop

1 gb of ram

90 gb harddrive

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 (128mb of ram)

Pentium T2400 @ 1.83 Ghz

can anybody help? tips? further adjustments? updates? anything would be helpful.

Kotor2 issues, moving. :lol:

Is it worst when you're around 'smoke' or just all the time?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, you could also increase amount of virtual memory available to say around 1500-2000+, as this helps allow your computer to run game without having sudden abrupt and brief pauses during the game. 750mb of it was hardly enough for me to run game without finding game automatically exiting twice or several times.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Check your windows settings also when adjusting Virtual Memory. You'll be able to adjust where windows uses that memory for wether for background services or applications. Which ever it is set for switch it. Since your running a laptop your going to have generally more lag and slowness of the game because of the architecture vs a desktop PC. Your laptop is likely not tuned for game playing from the manufacturer which means your likely to experience similiar problems with other heavy 3d games. Also if I recall correctly recomended specs for K2 included a video card with 256MB of video memory.

Hi all!  I just got Kotor 2 and it  freakin' CRAWLS when I try to play it.

I have set all the video settings to low or off to help speed things up but it still moves slower than a snail.

my computer is brand new so I don't know what the heck the problem is.  these are the specs:

Sony Vaio Laptop

1 gb of ram

90 gb harddrive

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 (128mb of ram)

Pentium T2400 @ 1.83 Ghz

can anybody help?  tips?  further adjustments? updates?  anything would be helpful.

Uninstall it then install it again

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac