Real Lightsabers?

Well a form of a lightsaber is definately possible, a very very powerful laser but it won't be exactly like a light saber, a laser goes on for a larger distance so I think maybe it would have to be a mirror at one end that could reflect the beam making it twice as strong . Or just a really strong piece material that the laser wouldn't cut through. Maybe like this :

===||------------------]|

But in that case you cant really stab, only cut.

In the SW Universe, it is said that lightsabers orignally derived mining lasers. So one day, it's probable we'll get those mining lasers. As for actual lightsabers that can slash, slice, dice, and focus light into a sword like way... erm...

Possible, but it's pretty unlikely. Unless they find a way to focus the light into the correct shape - which would require some pretty complicated tech - I don't think it would work.

As for blasters and whatnot, well, we're already on the way to those blasters and Stormtroopers rifles, so at least we can look forward to those. :D

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Well Einstein's. If it is possible explain how we are going to make a light beam so concentrated and strong to cut through anything as a lightsaber does. Let us all describe and explain how such a thing is going to be made, what materials, how ect. if you so call, think it is possible... ;)

It's not possible to hold that much light in place, at least not in conccentrated form.

I don't know why I even bother answering this thread. Ynnhh

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anyway, we are not going to see those sabers. If they ever will be created. Maybe our grand-grand-grand-grandchildren will, but we definitely will not!!! But i even think... that maybe our grand.....grandchildren will see somethin laike that. Coz think about one thing: did our grand-grandparents dream about PC in their times?

I doubt our grandchildren can brake the laws of physics. Duh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You think people ages ago thought that someday they will be able to fly and go underwater for more than 2 minutes? I don't think so. They was dreaming of it! And now we are dreaming of sabers... What's the difference?!? I'm not defending opinion, that there will be sabers, but I'm just thinking of fact, that somethings can happen, if u REALY want it! Ppl wanted to fly, and they did it! Ppl wanted to go underwater and they did it too! You even cant imagine how fast technology is developing... :)

I doubt our grandchildren can brake the laws of physics. Duh.

:)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The closest thing Ive seen to a real saber is the movie props on ebay, but they're just basically giant flashlights that look really cool. As for making a saber, I believe that someday, MAYBE, tech will be advnced enough to shape light and intensify it. And I do believe its possible, but I do not believe I will see one in my time on earth.

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

No. Thinking can only improve your brain.

Thinking's hard to do. Why do you think so few people ever try to commit to such an act? :(

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

"there is so much stupid people"?

You're joking right? If you're going to make fun of the people on the forum, leave now. And if you're going to stay AND make fun of us, at least type like you aren't in first grade.

"...there ARE so much stupid people..."

Hey Ina, don't flame us, or we'll make nice barbeque... from you :(

That's known fact, you should never start to flame forum community as whole, unless you want to be ****ed up and banned. Believe me, I've seen this to happen MANY times. :)"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Sorry, guys. It is not possible to create a LightSaber. At least not with a Laser. Basically, a Laser is an intense beam of quantified Photons. A Photon is a particle with ZERO mass. It consists of a quantum of elecromagnetic radiation. Therefore, classifying Light a Wave. Waves are more like machanisms for the transmission of energy, which do not do not require the translocation of matter. Essentially, a Photon has a certain probability of being in a given element of space, which can be closely compared to the orbital movements of an Electron around the nucleus of an atom. My point is, obstructing a Laser is not possible without some form of physical interference. A LightSaber stops abruptly mid-beam, which is contrary to the physical attributes of a Laser.

[rant]Light Ina: since you are being vague, as to whom might be "mentally challenged".. alot of people will, for this reason, feel offended!

the morality = don't try to berate people in general .. or in any other way for that matter...[/rant]

---

Fortune favors the bald.