Who am I fighting for?

Indeed, it is possible to side with Vaklu, meaning Master Kavar is killed. Which results in having to fight Master Vrook and Master Zez-Kai Ell. My character still had LS mastery although had DS points for having to kill Captain Bostucco. And had LS Enlightenment with an LS ending for game. On a similar basis, it might also mean that DS characters can leave the Jedi Masters alive and obtain Force crush while perhaps helping Administrator Adare on Dantooine, the Queen on Onderon, and maybe getting Hanharr also.

However, it is also confusing and convoluted and probably won't want to try it a second time if possible.

just a note... even if you are DS and alredy killed a master you are not forced to kill Zez-Kai Ell

Well, generally not too sure about how you think of it. Might try playing through game once like this. Trust me, you'll know if you like it or not after reaching end of game, if not first then a few times. There are canonical stories for LS and DS alignment in TSL, but it is also about preference and what you like or dislike about characters, stories and game. For me, I find it easier to have either LS points or DS points all the way without having to interchangeably alternate between both. Alignment still matters to some extent, concerning influence with characters, though. And whether one has Mira or Hanharr. It is about imagination and a bit of sense in it.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

for me it means mostly freedom as you can play in the way you prefer whitout be really forced to do some choices.

you can play a LS oriented Exile that chose to side with Vaklu because s/he think it will be the best for onderon

or a DS oriented char who help refugees and spare a master or 2...

you can go with the full jedi hero or sith villain but you can also do just the choice you like whitout worring that much about how a single choice will impact the outcome of your game.

However, if one played as an LS Exile and defeating Jedi masters, it would be slightly easier than using DS, simply due to having force powers that buff up one's stats. And then again, one could also use a few DS force powers like Death Field and Plague in conjunction with defensive ones. Combine those with hyper-level stims and perhaps even a battle stimulant to get an unearthly fighting edge while using whatever lightsaber forms that help. An alternative way of looking at character development.

However, still prefer to battle Jedi masters as DS anyway.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Force Crush > Force Enlightenment.

Even if you ignore the bug that often messes up Force Enlightenment, Force Crush is just the cheapest (as in insanely powerful) power in the game. It not only takes half the life out of any boss in the game, but immobilizes them and makes them lose their turn. Nothing can beat it.

I'm usually a lightside player. But if you're going to end up killing the Jedi masters anyway, do it and get Force Crush.

It is the gathered crowd next to the statue that riot with Ponlar that matter,not the Devaronian and twylek.

You side with Ponlar saying ,"the queen should listen to the people" they riot you kill the royalists. Then Aida or whoever will ask you to remove the 3 captains. It might also be possible with the female Twylek swoop racer.

Well, probably either one will do. Mixed game that I had was where I chose Vaklu by having my character use Force Persuade on Ponlar to quell his revolt against the Queen. You might still be able to do it by supporting Ponlar, just that doing it will earn a character DS points. Expressing support for Vaklu by disagreeing with the Devaronian while agreeing with his Twi' lek companion will give neither LS/DS points at all. Additionally, your character won't have to fight. When I played as DS and supported Vaklu, my PC did not speak to either of the aliens but instead supported Ponlar's revolt and also had royalist captain quest from Anda. Either one is possible.

Am more of an LS player. And prefer to kill only in self-defence, not voluntarily while LS. Don't really mind using some DS force powers even with LS mastery, but gaining some DS points as in a mixed game makes it a bit contortingly confounding.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Kind of Force Persuade I used was Dominate mind, so have to get improved tier of this force power, otherwise effectiveness is about mixed.

Just another thing. Force Persuade does not work with some people like Bostucco. It is likely that almost all force powers won't always work on all people all the time. Sometimes when they work on people, others might see through it, especially if is used on the thug leader guarding Vrook's force cage in Dantooine's crystal cave, and also in some other situations. Don't try using it on people like Azkul as he was a former force learner under Malak although it might work on some like salvager Jorran. So will still earn some DS points, though not excessive to bring LS alignment back to neutral. Hope not, anyway.

Just some thoughts: LS mixed character seems to be a bit close to concept of Grey Jedi, although such force user might have yet to exist in KotOR. So, might be like a Jedi master that is not exactly strong believer in LS, or something near that. However, with killing off Jedi masters, is a bit unbelievable.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Just some thoughts: LS mixed character seems to be a bit close to concept of Grey Jedi, although such force user might have yet to exist in KotOR. So, might be like a Jedi master that is not exactly strong believer in LS, or something near that. However, with killing off Jedi masters, is a bit unbelievable.

i don't like too much categorization for TSL chars but Kreia is not LS nor DS, maybe not exactly grey but ehm sort of that... in the end is Kreia

also even how i see the exile... i don't really consider him/her really LS or DS in the end s/he is a hole, a wound in the force and is not anymore subject to it (as kreia) is not a jedi or a sith anymore... s/he is something different "outside" the force and free from it.

Edited by Zilod

not just the ending, but the whole game...

the ending makes clear more things, but everything is alredy present during the game...

in the end this game is about "enlightment" and not a simple kill the bag guy and save the galaxy...

as Kreia says in the beginning... "it is not the destination that matter but the journey" (something like that)

not just the ending, but the whole game...

the ending makes clear more things, but everything is alredy present during the game...

in the end this game is about "enlightment" and not a simple kill the bag guy and save the galaxy...

as Kreia says in the beginning... "it is not the destination that matter but the journey" (something like that)

:) Exactly. Enlightenment the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom. :thumbsup: It was touched upon in K1 through Jolee but the ,'kill baddy' lessened it. Also the question ;what is evil was trivialized.

Considering how in the end Kriea shows the light or darkside Exile the future of the galaxy and how the outcome can be the same for the planets ,it is possible. What are we to make of the companions future ,if the future is always shifting?

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

For mixed LS game, it is possible to help Azkul and defeat Vrook without incurring DS points. After defeating Vrook and when Azkul gives your PC 8000 credits, declining it by selecting dialogue option that you are ashamed of what has been done gives LS points.

Only quest on Nar Shaddaa where DS points seem to be incurred is Intergalactic reunion quest of having to kill off Gamorrean and Trandoshan guarding entrance out of Refugee sector so Aaida returns to Lootra. And without killing Exchange overseer Saquesh, one can still attract sufficient attention from Exchange to allow Visquis to extend his hologram invitation.

On Onderon, only DS points that are incurred are from assassinating Bostucco. Otherwise, other situations either don't gain LS/DS points or gain LS points generally.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Supporting the Queen shall is the supposed "light path" whereas working for Vaklu and helping him overthrow the Queen is most definatly the "darker way". As for me, I don't make a decision to fit my alignment, I choose what I believed in.

Edited by The Reaper

Yes, but point is that if one Jedi master is killed, one will have to confront the other two in Dantooine's enclave. While dialogue options allow the Exile to decide whether masters will be killed on certain planets, doubt that they don't have to be confronted and fought on Dantooine. Almost similar to getting Force Crush in a way, i think. And this being possible while still having LS alignment. And since this is so, might as well select some DS force powers and go ahead with DS alignment. Usually easier to have one or the other.

i kill the jedi masters

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac