The hobbies forum........

darth maddison

No.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Then I let loose a mighty hurrah. I hate being "the stoner" of a group. It hurts my sensibilities.

There should be a thread for marijuana smokers to talk about recent drug induced exploits.

Anyway, in order to add something of value to the topic, I have recently taken up the hobby of photoshopping things. Poorly, of course, yet it does warrant a certain amount of pride when I see such masterpieces as this:

lumbergh1copywd9.jpg

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Haha, genius Draken.

And no, your not alone, and I know how you feel with the whole sensibilities thing :).

Don't think the mods would allow that thread though, might be slightly risqu

Am I the only one here who smokes pot?

what a silly question

luckily, the time smoking pot was a hobby is over for me :thumbsup: I still do it, just not as regularly as I used to

Pope's current hobbies:

- college life: this is more than getting drunk and laid, I tend to engage myself in the faculty stuff each year again, though I'm starting to lose interest in that since now the younger generation is slowly taking over

- scouting: leading the eldest of the bunch, the 14-16-year-olds, I love those kids and they love me

- skiing: the ultimate rush in my life

- music: sadly I've never played any instrument (I keep telling myself one day I'll do so though), but music is the only thing in the world that can wake me up, so I respect that

- as everyone else I suppose, friends: somehow the number of friends I have has exponentially increased the last few years, so I spend quite some time on keeping those relations intact

- watching National Geographic: it has become the only tv-channel I still watch, I love science and all that, as long as I don't have to study it

- Buddhism: I love spirituality, and Buddhism is remarkably close to my views of the world

I enjoy causing trouble at cinemas, very strange you might think.

Like when they say your screen number is......You say "what" then they say it agian and you say "what".There are many other ways you can do this of course but thats my favriote and if your lucky you can get them so annoyed that they swear at the top of there voices :) hilarious.

I swear you'll laugh your heads off.

Edited by darth maddison

Interestingly the paper today had an article saying that the majority of Brits thought it should be legal, or at the worst treated like a traffic offence. Personally I'd favour full legalisation. Waste of time having the police chase pot-smoking and dealing when the place is crawling with sex-slavery and crack. It's like polishing teh brass on the Titanic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's like polishing the brass on the Titanic.

I always loved that expression. Oh, and I agree whole-heartedly. Gateway drug, my left eye! The people who have that self-destructive urge to "move on" will move on anyway. I know plenty of people who stayed right in their comfort zone, so to speak.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

- skiing: the ultimate rush in my life

and if the current trend in moisture in colorado is any indication, you, like me, are only two months away from more slope action!

i think i'm doing a copper pass this year so i'll actually be without the powdery stuff till mid-november (a-basin and loveland have been opening in october, however).

we got an inch of rain at 11-mile canyon saturday (actually, a bit over an inch). soaked is an understatement. we kept the fire going, however, so we still got to cook over it.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

bummer... why so late?

last year, we had powder on every trip PRIOR to january... in fact, all the northern slopes were 100% open with a 4' base by the 2nd weekend in december and breck/copper were actually 100% the weekend after thanksgiving.

taks

Because this is Europe. I don't think it starts snowing that early here. And even if it did, anything up until January is bloody cold. On top of that, the nearest slopes to where I live are about a thousand kilometers from here, so it's not something I can do in a quicky.

Edited by Pope

It's like polishing the brass on the Titanic.

I always loved that expression. Oh, and I agree whole-heartedly. Gateway drug, my left eye! The people who have that self-destructive urge to "move on" will move on anyway. I know plenty of people who stayed right in their comfort zone, so to speak.

I don't entirely disagree that it could be considered a gateway drug. But if it becomes legalized, that status will disappear.

Because this is Europe. I don't think it starts snowing that early here. And even if it did, anything up until January is bloody cold. On top of that, the nearest slopes to where I live are about a thousand kilometers from here, so it's not something I can do in a quicky.

oh, sorry. thought you were in boulder, CO.

taks

I don't entirely disagree that it could be considered a gateway drug.  But if it becomes legalized, that status will disappear.

a friend and i were discussing this idea the other day. i think it is a gateway simply because the dealers tend to be more hardcore, i.e. involved in other drugs as well, than the average user, and making such purchases exposes the user to the dealer's other habits. so, the drug itself is not the gateway, but the means to obtaining the drug sort of is. people that aren't going to step up won't regardless of what they are exposed to. people that will step up will find a way.

taks

I don't drink or do drugs lol

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No! you posted that you do though!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.