The hobbies forum........

darth maddison

learnng obscure things I'll never be able to use..

imagining and writing about obscure things I'll never be able to use..

watching/observing people at crowded places...

studying behaviour..

doing wierd things (possibly for others to study) ^_^..

We need to do a weirdo tag team with Pidesco. :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That would be awesome! ^_^

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

By the way, I forgot cuffawkling.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

drumset,games,tv,chics,and in between all that I wonder alot why people are the way they are, they're problems, and how they're problems may affect me in the future,physically or financially. Financial is much worse. :)

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

I forgot one hobby, but that's because it's more like a lifestyle. It's dressing up as Batman and going to bars with extraordinarily questionable clientele and trying to chat the bartender up with sleazy one-liners. Sometimes I switch from Batman to Spider-Man just for the heck of it, but then of course I can't see anything since the Spider-Man outfit doesn't have any holes for my eyes. So that kinda sucks. I usually switch back the night after. Sometimes I rescue people.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Does moderating this board count as a hobby? Or an infectious disease?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

thinking about it, i'm pretty tied up in a lot of hobbies...

i shoot pool (8-ball and 9-ball) every wednesday. i'm a member of the APA (link to southern colorado APA). i'm handicapped as a 6 in 8-ball and a 7 in 9-ball. of course, this involves rather intense drinking which is probably why i'm not a 7 in 8-ball (the max) and an 8 or 9 in 9-ball (the max).

i go camping regularly. this weekend we're returning to 11-mile canyon. my son and i did a "boys weekend" there a couple weeks ago. beautiful is an understatement. this will be my 6th weekend out. we intend to scatter camp (find a place in the wild) a few weekends this year too.

i ski 20+ days every year. mostly at copper mountain and breckenridge.

i follow climate science, particularly the statistical methods used to reconstruct temperatures for the past few millenia. the most commonly used methd, btw, is called Principal Component Analysis, which is a less stringent variety of Independent Component Analysis which is probably what my PhD dissertation will cover.

yes, believe it or not, my PhD work as well as my job are sort of hobbies as i spend a LOT of time with both while home (i don't sleep much). of course, i'll be working from home in a few months so the distinction between "work" and "hobby" will be blurred even further.

computers. duh. not playing anything now, though i'm plotting my conversion to linux which will result in a development environment for my previous hobby.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

granny with a walker: 200 POINTS!

um my entire hobby consists of posting on forums and playing my games like a nutso little child.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

then add to my list of hobbies:

meeting other wierdoes on the net! ^_^

Interestingly, I enjoy this activity. I wouldn't say it is a hobby, but talking to people on the other side of the planet is rather fun at times. And when their english skills aren't that good, it is still fun.

And then what Calax said ^

Does moderating this board count as a hobby? Or an infectious disease?

Judging by the turnover of mods, I'd say the latter and with a high mortality rate.

They don't die. They get given a shotgun and sent out to other more unruly boards where they bring moderation to the unmoderated.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.