No individuality

Why are almost all lightsabers in The movies either blue, green, or red(cept 4 koon & windu)?? There's no originality!1 WTF!!!!!1!!1111!!

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Maybe those colors are easiest to deal with digitally or something. But more likely there's some Jedi background mythos GL had in mind.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Why are almost all lightsabers in The movies either blue, green, or red(cept 4 koon & windu)?? There's no originality!1 WTF!!!!!1!!1111!!

Koon has blue saber...

And what's with this "originality" stuff? <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would agree that most of the lightsabers are completely unoriginal but Dookus curved hilt, lukes white lightsaber and darth mauls double-sided lightsaber are original...

When did Luke have white saber?

In the first two films (though it was probably just due to dodgy special effects) ...

Yeah. Cyan IMO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yeah MAN, whats with that DOOD?!?!?!?!?!

Koon has blue saber...

Koon had a yellow saber, according to Jedi Power Battles :(

Yeah MAN, whats with that DOOD?!?!?!?!?!

Koon has blue saber...

Koon had a yellow saber, according to Jedi Power Battles :p

But we were talking about movies here :( In ep2 he has blue

If you watch ANH when Droids and Luke are at Ben's house and lightsaber is seen first time, it's color is very light blue, aka cyan. Interestingly, it is just normal blue in ep3...

Bad explanation :p

it was due to special effects but it's supposed to be blue... kinda like how you can see bens extension cord going into the hilt during his fight with vader on the Death Star.

and lucas would have made all the good guys have blue or green but SLJ made em do purple because it's his favorite color.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I would agree that most of the lightsabers are completely unoriginal but Dookus curved hilt, lukes white lightsaber and darth mauls double-sided lightsaber are original...

Don't forget Mace. Purple crystal.

Luke's White Saber Comment

Luke's white crystal setting was supposed to reflect that he had no Jedi Class. Up until he chose a class (Consoler Class), Lucas wanted to show his transition. Plus, the special effects were limited at the time.

A New Hope: White Lightsaber Crystal (Variant)

Reflected the beginning of Luke's training, so the crystal didn't respond to him.

Empire Strickes Back: Blue Light Saber Crystal (Guardian Class)

I think he used his dad's saber crystal, for he didn't know about the different classes. This saber was lost after Vader cut his hand off.

Return of the Jedi: Green Light Saber Crystal Consoler Class

There was a scene cut from Return of the Jedi, which occurs at the beginning. It showed Luke building a new saber. I believe this is the point that he started to learn about the different crystals, and their meaning towards Jedi classes. I don't know why they omitted this scene.

My theory anyway. :)

Edited by DarthMethos

It's been comfirmed that "classes" don't actually exist in the films and Jedi don't refer to themselves as "Guardians/Consulars/Sentinals" so I doubt that the color changes (at least why he chose the color green) had anything to do with him being a "Consular".

Yeah, classes are just gameplay stuff

But we were talking about movies here  In ep2 he has blue

could have changed crystal between episode 1 and 2

And isnt a White Saber a training saber?

You mean episodes 4 and 5? My opinion is that is just video effects glitch. I mean, that saber is Anakins! He had blue saber in ep 3. Obi Van took it from him after battle on (forgot that flamy planets name). Than he kept it for long time, and than gave to Luke at ep 4. Simply! :)

Even though in JPB Plo has yellow saber, doesn't mean that he never had such in canon. JPB is just EU... And there is no canon information what kind of Plo's lightsaber was during ep1.

And truly, I don't care

Edited by Xard