SW RTS

Ive been thinking about purchasing a SW RTS but dont really know which ones to start researching about. Can you guys help me out so I kinda know what to look for?

Thx

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

And Galactic Battlegrounds

Well I've played Empire at War, and Galactic Battlegrounds and strangely I choose Galactic Battlegrounds, its got the AOE engine but an old game graphics arent that good, and it doesnt have space battles ect. its basically all on land and you can control like 6 different races. Empire, Gungans, Royal Naboo, Rebels, Trade Federation, Republic

Empire at War has a similar engine to R:TW, ie. you go around and build your forces on the galaxy sort of map, and you go to invade other enemy planets, its alright but I dont like how its just Empire vs Rebels (set in the period between 3-4)

I started looking at Empire at War on IGN. It has too many errors in its gameplay to make me want to buy it.....and dont even get me started on the character models... :thumbsup:

You need a good computer if you want to run it smoothly, and there is mods thankfully being made, Imperial Assault 2, ironically is based on the Trade federation and clone wars ect. I hate how its based on the early stages of the empire and rebels, Shame on the devs, uber shame!

Empire at war for space combat. For ground you might as well grab C&C generals and a mod or somthing because all the SW games on ground are garbage.

Rebellion (shudder) was good in theory (Woo! Civilization IN SPACE!) but bad in practice as it turns into a MASSIVE time sink

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well I've played Empire at War, and Galactic Battlegrounds and strangely I choose Galactic Battlegrounds, its got the AOE engine but an old game graphics arent that good, and it doesnt have space battles ect. its basically all on land and you can control like 6 different races. Empire, Gungans, Royal Naboo, Rebels, Trade Federation, Republic

Empire at War has a similar engine to R:TW, ie. you go around and build your forces on the galaxy sort of map, and you go to invade other enemy planets, its alright but I dont like how its just Empire vs Rebels (set in the period between 3-4)

I am with you man. :)

Empire at War has some pretty cool inovations, but Gallactic Battlegrounds has tremendous veriety. :)

just decided to buy BF2. Ive never played it and beat the campaign in about 2 days. There's only 2 things I found horribly wrong with it.

1. No rebel or CIS campaign. Though the Darkside levels were fun, I would like to play LS as well.

2.NO DEATH STAR SPACE BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Empire at war for space combat. For ground you might as well grab C&C generals and a mod or somthing because all the SW games on ground are garbage.

Rebellion (shudder) was good in theory (Woo! Civilization IN SPACE!) but bad in practice as it turns into a MASSIVE time sink

True that, the land battles take AGES its pretty much like stalemate, it just keeps going, you harvest resources, you hold your resources, you lose men, you call in more men, paying for them with your limitless resources, and then when you have lots of men you send 'em to battle and pretty much every unit has a counter so everything gets pwned in battle. The movement is so slow and the mini battle between a rebel squad and stormie squad takes like 5 minutes. Oh and the enemy does this too so it turns into a loophole. The only good thing is the space battles IMO.

I am with you man. :huh:

Empire at War has some pretty cool inovations, but Gallactic Battlegrounds has tremendous veriety. :)

Age of Empires engine was good, Shame graphics arent that good. If battlegrounds had empire at war graphics and space battles it would be so much better.

just decided to buy BF2. Ive never played it and beat the campaign in about 2 days. There's only 2 things I found horribly wrong with it.

1. No rebel or CIS campaign. Though the Darkside levels were fun, I would like to play LS as well.

2.NO DEATH STAR SPACE BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah well it was set inbetween 3-4 and the whole attack on the DS was during ep 4

Force Commander was pretty decent IMO, seeing as it was the first real attempt at a SW RTS game. The campaign sucked major @$$ (OF COURSE the Rebels have to win at the end), but I enjoyed some LAN skirmishes with my friends. Nothing real spectacular, but it was good fun for a while.

Galactic Battlegrounds was...an AoE II SW total conversion mod, nothing more. I finished the Campaigns and then abandoned it, if I want an AoE-like game I will play the original.

Still haven't tried Empire at War, but will probably get it when the expansion is out if I can find a bundle pack or something.

Empire at war looked like it had too many things wrong with it to fork out the fifty bucks for it <_< . I can understand a few things, but that just went over my limit. Sry LA :lol:

Bad time era too

actually it's being narrowed down to the point where between ep 3 and 4 is the only time period they have to play with without making it a movie tie in.

in Kotor era's they don't know enough about what's currently on in terms of ships that they can use as units while afterwords things just get... wierd plotwise.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

True about the plotwise stuff. But I still reckon they could have made more games based on KotOR rather then the RPG aspect. It would be pretty cool to have an EaW space battle but the reinactment of the attack on the Star Forge, the Sith have about 3 different classes of space ships, as do the Republic if not more and Im sure that they could make something up or muster something up.