Battlefront 3 ideas...

Look, vehicles like the Twing and phantom are only really put into a game for game balance. They usually don't even have backround information about them.

Actually there is a decent amount of info on the T Wing. It is around the same speed as a TIE Interceptor i believe, and has slightly better weapons hull and shields then an R 41 Star Chaser (which is slightly better then a Z 95 but not as good as an X Wing) However it was suppose to replace the A Wing so it was dumped and sold to pirates and smugglers to make the alliance money.

Nihilus5078 - I must protest about the TIE Defender being put in the same class as the B Wing. It is faster then an A Wing, and tougher then an X Wing with more firepower then a B Wing. It is totally unbalanced since it is superior to any other fighter out there. As much as i love the fighter it would make the empire too strong. Unless they gimp it like they did in X Wing Alliance which bothered me, kinda like how they also gimped the missile boat, bah!

Just found these forums again, and I was wonderin...

Since both companies workin on this dropped the license... Is the data still floating around and does anyone think someone will pick it up?

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Look, vehicles like the Twing and phantom are only really put into a game for game balance. They usually don't even have backround information about them.

Actually there is a decent amount of info on the T Wing. It is around the same speed as a TIE Interceptor i believe, and has slightly better weapons hull and shields then an R 41 Star Chaser (which is slightly better then a Z 95 but not as good as an X Wing) However it was suppose to replace the A Wing so it was dumped and sold to pirates and smugglers to make the alliance money.

Nihilus5078 - I must protest about the TIE Defender being put in the same class as the B Wing. It is faster then an A Wing, and tougher then an X Wing with more firepower then a B Wing. It is totally unbalanced since it is superior to any other fighter out there. As much as i love the fighter it would make the empire too strong. Unless they gimp it like they did in X Wing Alliance which bothered me, kinda like how they also gimped the missile boat, bah!

here's the thing bud, the Twing and R41 ONLY appeared in the Xwing games, NOTHING else.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You can sort of modify it so it is in the same class as the B-Wing, you dont have to necessarily do it off of how it was, or you could just bump up the B-Wing. Besides, TIE's are faster than most ships, with the exception of something like a race with A-Wing vs. TIE Bomber, then the A-Wing would likely win. And the B-Wing is classified as a Fighter-Bomber, so it has a mix between speed and armor/firepower.

deicideLogo5.jpg

A-wing is as fast as interceptor. What the crap is a T-Wing?

well, in terms of speed people usually go off the values from Xwing.

Tie figher and Xwing=100

Bomber (?) 80

Gunboat 90

Interceptor 110

Awing 120

Tie Advanced 145

Defender 156

Y wing 76

Bwing 91

and the T wing is a fighter they came up with for the Tie fighter game to give to pirates so that they didn't have to change the difficulty by throwing stupid amounts of ships at you.

here's the thing bud, the Twing and R41 ONLY appeared in the Xwing games, NOTHING else.

T-Wing was also in Mysteries of the Sith.

still it's a game, and usually stuff designed for video games isn't put into cannon unless the series is designed off the games. This is due to the fact that most games need to make up something special so it's not like every other game, and to allow for an increase in difficulty as you progress. This is why in the Force Unleashed you're fighting stormtroopers who can survive 15 lightsaber hits to the face before going down.

Obviously TFU is not canon.

*shrugs* the only reason they were able to call it cannon is because it doesn't mess with anything in the books. It just "fleshes out" what "really happened" at that time.

Honestly if that's how it happened... I'd be very very very angry... to the point where I'd strangle imaginary kittens.

Games are canon, just like every other EU-material not labeled infinities.

Some things like game-mechanics are obviously not canon, like needing that many hits with a lightsabre, but story- and design-wise everything is canon unless it directly contradicts something superior, like the movies.

Some things like game-mechanics are obviously not canon, like needing that many hits with a lightsabre, but story- and design-wise everything is canon unless it directly contradicts something superior, like the movies.

define superior...

and thematically some things don't make sense in games, for example:

Jedi driving around in specialized tanks, that... well, they're basically the same tanks but reserved for Jedi. Also, cloaked tie fighters, terminator robots, vader having a cabal of dark jedi at his beck and call... and how many people have flown side car to Lando now?

I mean sure, the movies are the most definitive source of cannon, but you can't really take games as cannon in anything JUST because they're non-contradictory (heck the books contradict themselves quite a bit). I mean more often than not, the story line of the game is fan-fiction with more holes than a window screen, rather than a real story.

define superior...

Jedi driving around in specialized tanks, that... well, they're basically the same tanks but reserved for Jedi. Also, cloaked tie fighters, terminator robots, vader having a cabal of dark jedi at his beck and call... and how many people have flown side car to Lando now?

I mean sure, the movies are the most definitive source of cannon, but you can't really take games as cannon in anything JUST because they're non-contradictory (heck the books contradict themselves quite a bit). I mean more often than not, the story line of the game is fan-fiction with more holes than a window screen, rather than a real story.

Except for when they are based on the movies (Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike).

define superior...

Except for when they are based on the movies (Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike).

The Rogue Squadron series wasn't based on the movies... if they're based on the movies than so is EVERY SINGLE GAME released.

Rogue Squadron was based on books that were based on comics that were splintered off of Xwing/Empire Strikes.