Look at my crappy computer!

ramza

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/ra...09/P1010037.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/ra...09/P1010038.jpg

Although this is a Pentium 4, it only has 6 GB of HD space and has a crappy graphics card. Moreover, because of the box's small size, I can't easily upgrade it. This is the worst acquisition my father has ever made (I think he even got it for free) since I can't play any of the most "modern" games like KOTOR that have high requirements.

Enjoy the pics and laugh as much as you like!

Cheers.

PS: this post is for Volourn that didn't believe my claims in some previous posts.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You have more processing power than I, don't moan.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes there are external hard drives.

Sorry but my AMDs rock your world, the power of GHZ is at the palm of my hands. I don't like P4.

P.S. I don't mean to offend your pc. I know people who still use Win 95 and have 200 Mhz CPU... :lol:

Edited by Alec

Haw, haw, your computer is crappy. :pointing with glee smilie:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It looks like you really just need more RAM to dramatically improve performance, although those cases make it hard to upgrade.

Edit: You can buy a cheap external hard drive as well.

Edited by Hurlshot

What are you looking to spend Krookie?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/ra...09/P1010037.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/ra...09/P1010038.jpg

Although this is a Pentium 4, it only has 6 GB of HD space and has a crappy graphics card. Moreover, because of the box's small size, I can't easily upgrade it. This is the worst acquisition my father has ever made (I think he even got it for free) since I can't play any of the most "modern" games like KOTOR that have high requirements.

Enjoy the pics and laugh as much as you like!

Cheers.

PS: this post is for Volourn that didn't believe my claims in some previous posts.

You know your computer's crap if it's a flatbed. :D

manthing2.jpg

To the Original Poster: Your processor is really quite decent. Your RAM is *****way***** too less. 256MB just doesn't cut it for Windows XP. Even the primary OS functionalities do not fit into 256MB. Your entire experience is likely to be a huge swap-fest. And if you have stuff like Antiviruses and Messengers running in the background, it's even worse.

You will be shocked at how much better your system performs simply if you upgrade your memory to 512MB, and disable all the worthless background junk like messengers, quicktime, Winamp agent, etc. Of course, in order to run a 3D game well you will need a 3D card, but if you are feeling that your overall desktop experience is torturous, increasing your RAM will go an incredibly long way in soothing the pain. And your total investment is probably going to be around $20, even if you have to toss out your old RAM sticks.

P4s are old, even those with HT.

They heat up a lot and take up WAY too much power than they should.

Athlon 64s or eve X2s generally take up less wattage from your PSU than p4s, and they perform better than P4s.

P4s usually take up anywhere from 85-130 W. The new Core 2 Duo/Conroes will likely be pulling in excess of 150 W, just for comparison. A low-wattage P4 is equivalent in power consumption to a medium or high-wattage AMD Athlon 64/X2.

What about graphics?

Take a screenshot of this with printscreen:

control panel --> display --> settings --> advanced --> adapter

Then press PrntScrn (upper right between scroll lock and F12), paste into paint, upload to your photobucket. ;)

If it sucks beyond belief, it will probably say "Intel ____"

Intel graphics, ahaha.

I remember the days when my comp was crap. Then I got a job. ><

Edited by Tuerkek