Stronghold

Fairplay

Stronghold system in NWN2 sounds cool. I always like that kind of thing. I liked Suikoden, the siege in KOTOR II, the BG2 strongholds, even the recruitment and fighting of the siege in Hordes of the Underdark. I'm glad it made it into NWN2. Woo!

Also, it potentially gives a place for you to leave followers. They could have events where they interact with each other when you leave them there for a while, or something like that. In any case, leaving followers in the middle of nowhere always bothered me. In Fallout 2 I used to always go to New Reno to switch people out, so that they'd have something to do while I was gone.

I like the idea of hiring architects, etc. Stronghold building has gone neglected for a long time.

The stronghold is one of the main reasons I like the Suikoden games. Though Suikoden 2 still has the best stronghold. I mean rebuilding a ruined town into one of the bigger cities is so much cooler than a big boat or an ancient ruined castle. Breath of Fire 2 also did a decent job too. Way better than the other incarnations of the series.

It would be sweet if the stronghold in NWN ends up similar to Suikoden 2.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought that this thread was going to be about Stronghold. I'm disappointed. :shifty:

Stronghold was fun. Stronghold 2 was also fun, but I stopped playing because it would crash to desktop every 5-10 minutes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You don't like to click on links, do you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought that this thread was going to be about Stronghold. I'm disappointed. :(

I know what you mean. I can't disassociate 'stronghold' from the pet medication.

I agree that strongholds sound really good, and this is probably the first feature of NWN2 that's really caught my attention in a positive way. Of course, I would have bought the game anyway, but it'll be an added bonus to play a game that is trying to add extra to the RPG experience. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The same, the same. That's why we congregate here and never venture outside to the horrors of Teh Internets.

Stare not on the internet for the goatse might stare back. :thumbsup:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds