Space MMO's

Eve has brilliant PvP, PvE as well as a fantastic player economy and political scene. I also really like the way you skill up which is time based and occurs whether you're playing or not, rather than relying on grinding. Personally I would incorporate all of that and expand the Eve concept by allowing planet, moon and asteroid based activity.

In many ways Eve is a huge database with pretty graphics, toons would add an extra dimension.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I was thinking about a totally different combat model, something more akin to freelancer & elite, and nothing at all like eve.

- Real Time Simulated Space Combat

- Space setting, with everything from planets through to asteroid field and nebulas

- Procedural Huge Universe

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

If by "brilliant PvP" you mean seeing who's hitpoint bar drains the fastest in a generic slugfest where no strategy is involved and the bigger ship always wins, then yeah, I agree with you.

In Eve for example, several frigates can overwhelm a battleship and pilot skill will often determine the outcome of a battle, which is what makes Eve PvP so good. The bigger ship does not always win! Nevertheless I accept that it is not twitch fighting and some of my friends do not like Eve combat, well no combat system is going to please everyone.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Eve has brilliant PvP...

If by "brilliant PvP" you mean seeing who's hitpoint bar drains the fastest in a generic slugfest where no strategy is involved and the bigger ship always wins, then yeah, I agree with you.

So you'd enjoy a more simulated combat?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me