Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

Pidesco

You already did. There's an option for one of three formats, including QT.

Awesome stuff. I honestly can't wait, I'm practically making little jumps while sitting. (w00t)

Cool stuff:

There was this one time in the demo where I did the stabbing finishing move against an orc, and then pushed that same orc against another orc, which stumbled back against one of those wooden pillars, broke it and proceeded to get pummeled by a bunch of barrels falling from the platform.

Another situation was where I used ice on the floor, an orc slipped on it and fell against some crates which I then set fire to thus burning the orc.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i kicked off the download of this beast the other night and finished in 29 minutes, 24 seconds. for a 1.4 GB file, that works out to 6.7 Mbits/s plus overhead, probably putting me close to 8-9 Mbits/s transfer rate. unbelievable.

unfortunately, screaming download speeds aside, the game is very difficult to run with the highest settings. above 1024x768 and my 6800 (with GT modification) booooogs down. dropping the settings a bit did not seem to change the detail too much, so i'll retry when i have a chance. it looks pretty cool, however. fantasy first-person shooter with a bit of a story behind it. should be fun.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My system runs it like the wind. :D

Heja Sverige!!

• 1 month later...

Eurogamer's review of Dark Messiah:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69141

Enjoy.

Heja Sverige!!

Sounds more like a linear slaughter-FPS set in a Tolkien-like universe. Meh. I hoped stealth and exploration a'la Thief would be a major part, but since playing the demo I knew the gameplay lends more toward fast action instead of "intelligent" action. I'm not overly hyped on that game right, so I think I'll save that for the bargain bin.

I'll wait a couple weeks to see how buggy it is. If it seems OK, I'm buying it. This is my kind of game! All stealth and slaughter and character leveling with no talk!

*kicks orcs off a high ledge*

awesome!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It looks too action oriented for my tastes. I got my fill of action heavy RPG-lite with a first person view from Oblivion.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I doubt you should call this an action-rpg anyway. More like fantasy FPS.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But, unlike Oblivion, the combat works. In fact, it's freaking awesome. I've always wanted a first person melee action game done right.

Heja Sverige!!

The combat is. But the game itself is nothing like Oblivion. Basically it's an FPS that focus on melee. Although magic and stealth can be pretty awesome too.

Heja Sverige!!

I would'nt really say "better" but its different in the same way, wait does that make sense?! I downloaded it from steam and it ran and looked great, yeah the demo was dammed short, but it caught my attention and i will probably buy it causei'm a sucker for RPG's even if they are "Fantasy FPS's" :)

But the combat in Oblivion is a big pile of poo.

Heja Sverige!!

Meh, it was about as good melee combat as you're going to get out of an FPS.

I agree. Or at least I agreed before playing Dark Messiah's demo. The best way to describe the combat in it is that it feels crunchy. :)

Heja Sverige!!

Fallout had the best combat in a PC game I have ever played. Jade Empire has the best combat I have played in a Console game. KotOR's combat is far below both of them.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

You were thinking body awareness, right?

Watch this. It's ****ing perfect. And real refreshing to see a video that's not about the demo level. o:) That city looks dman near perfect and I love that the game has parts that are not inhabited by simply hostile entities.

And a ship, can you...pirates?

Wow! (w00t) Thanx a million Musopticon for linking that. Those trailers are t3h r0xx0rZ! :)

Is this game better than Oblivion? Many times over. Compared to this game Oblivion was flat, 2 dimensional. So was its predecessor Morrowind. :p

This game pushes the game mechanics and feel of adventure to new levels. :geek:

Having played Arx Fatalis, one of Arkane Studios previous games I am already a fan of their work. Arx Fatalis was a good game as well and one can see they expanded the 3 dimensional feel to their game world in Dark Messiah. :cool:

Kinda reminds me of when Severance Blade of Darkness came out, there was nothing like it on the market, same goes for this game. :)

I see there's a slight nod to the Pirhana Bytes Gothic series, ending ur enemies by delivering the coup de gr

Edited by Cyric

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

I agree. Or at least I agreed before playing Dark Messiah's demo. The best way to describe the combat in it is that it feels crunchy. :)

Better than Kotor?

Why not... just... get the demo and find out? :geek:

I agree. Or at least I agreed before playing Dark Messiah's demo. The best way to describe the combat in it is that it feels crunchy. o:)

Better than Kotor?

Why not... just... get the demo and find out? :geek:

It's 1500 ****ing megabytes, that's why :) It's taking my DSL over 12 hours to download.

It would take Dark Raven a few years to download the Demo. Dial up, man. Dial up.