NWN2 delayed until October

Retailers have recieved news that NWN2 will be delayed until mid-late october. The swede release date is October 20, US release shouldnt be more than a week earlier.

I feel a bit sad that I wont have NWN2 to distract me right at the start of Uni, but Im good with whatever it takes to get the game done *sigh*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And do we get a full copy then or is STILL stuff missing?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A month should be enough for them to get the DM client in order, it sounded like it was would have been nearly finished with the previous september release date

What annoys me is that retailers get to know these things before the community does, thats not how it should be run. I want to hear about these things from Obsidian and not stumble over it while I check up on my preorders.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Never forget; If you wan't to know about Obsidian Titles; STAY CLEAR from their own boards <_<

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Check bioboards more often, Kafty.

I did check the BioBoards, nothing there. In fact, it still says the release is September

Assuming that since it is delayed, game will be challenging. Don't really want an endboss that cannot wield weapons or is crippled in some way like having limbs severed from being able to defend against player attacks.

And, also that additional time will allow them to settle whatever bugs that may crop up.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Maybe this means we'll get horsies.  (w00t)

There are horsies, apparently. Or did you mean rideable horsies? Can you say 'Premium Module $2.99'? I'm sure Atari can. :D

I hope the delay's just for a final polish. Maybe when the multi-player beta starts, rumours will start to leak out about how stable or bug-ridden the game is.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I wonder when we get the pre-order toolsets? I hope it wont be like two weeks before the game itself

"A month should be enough for them to get the DM client in order"

That's what I thought too with this announcement; but that very much seems to eb unlikely at best... :blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not rushing for it. Besides, still some things in K2 that may not have been uncovered.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Maybe this means we'll get horsies.  (w00t)

There are horsies, apparently. Or did you mean rideable horsies?

Rideable horsies.

The guys at Obsidian who worked at Black Isle before this haven't had the opportunity to make a game under a reasonable time table in a long time. I'm very excited to see how NWN2 will turn out.

Best of luck to ya! :thumbsup:

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Ofcourse the entire MP/mod etc. stuff should be scrapped and the controls SEVERLY altered... and the graphics tomed down etc. etc. etc.

PC only seems valid

^

NWN1 was PC-only, yes, but if NWN2 is a smash hit, who knows?  Consoles seem to be more important now than when NWN was released.

Ofcourse the entire MP/mod etc. stuff should be scrapped and the controls SEVERLY altered... and the graphics tomed down etc. etc. etc.

PC only seems valid

Some games just dont work gameplay-wise on consoles even if it would be technicly possible to port them, bestseller or not. And given the fact that 99% of console owners also have a PC to play on, its not really necessary.

NWN1 was PC-only, yes, but if NWN2 is a smash hit, who knows?  Consoles seem to be more important now than when NWN was released.

PC only seems valid

Some games just dont work gameplay-wise on consoles even if it would be technicly possible to port them, bestseller or not. And given the fact that 99% of console owners also have a POS PC that would cry out to the technological gods with the last clock cycle of it's poor abused silicon if you tried to play a modern game on it, its totally necessary.

Fixed for the fanatic.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

"Some games just dont work gameplay-wise on consoles even if it would be technicly possible to port them, bestseller or not. And given the fact that 99% of console owners also have a PC to play on, its not really necessary."

Nonsense. It would be (and, has been) easy to make a NWN2 style game on console. And, this idea that most consolers own PCs surely doens't stop games release don both being successful. ie. the KOTORs were a success on both xbox and PC as was MW, and Oblivion (for xbox 360 in that case).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.