The multiplayer factor...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

You know, perhaps it would be a nice addition for possible/hopefully future KOTOR games if (once you finish a normal playthrough of a possible future KOTOR game) you load your character (at full power from the completed playthrough) into a special multiplayer online mode (for the X-Box 360 and the PC) where you engage in random one on one duels against other people's full powered characters...

I know I would have liked to have done this in KOTOR and KOTOR II. I'd love to see how my Revan and my Exile fairs against other people's Revan's and Exile's...

The KOTOR games are CRPG's, and would not work as multiplayer games in the game's plot, however, considering the rather high demand for future KOTOR games to be multiplayer, perhaps they could make KOTOR games multiplayer online, as something seperate with nothing to do with the plot of the game. What are your thoughts people?

It would be cool if it where like WoW, but without the whole paying factor. That would be pretty cool, instead of the whole faggy clan aspect their would be like guilds like in WoW, but I dunno, different factions in the Lightside and Darkside. You could make up sorta like 'guilds' so to speak but under your desired allignment, and then you could only fight people who are your own level.

It would only be guardians/weapon masters and consulars/masters and their sith counterparts. Skills wouldn't pay any role other than awareness and wound treatment.

Unless the areas were big, with locked doors you would have to pick or find a key for. Computer consoles you could hack, see where the opponent is and blow up something and droids to repair.

I'd rather they used that time(aka money) for something else. Like storyline, engine, bug killing etc.

Edited by szioul

Thankfully I dont play WoW myself, I aint paying for some waste of time/life.

So you don't pay for your computer games? :p"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm not trying to be ignorant or sarcastic, but wouldn't Star Wars Galaxies be better for this idea?

I dunno. I see SWG as the Star Wars representative in the MMORPG genre and any/all multiplayer ideas should be implemented there, rather than mess with the single player games like KOTOR.

Yes, I realize it can be done, however in terms of money, time constraints, and content, adding multiplayer to KOTOR would then mean subtracting a feature or ten from the single player experience.

Heck, the perfect example of this is KOTOR2. It already had a bunch of cut content, and the whole unfinished/rushed ending, fiasco. How much more content would have been deleted if Obsidian had to take into account adding multiplayer to it?

No thanks.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't think creating a KOTOR MP option would be a good idea... seriously, what could we do... just chase each other around the galaxy and kick asses with our lightsaber... no thanks, there's already Jedi Academy for that.

that would be cool to load the character and fight (non game related) bc me and my brother are always like oh i would beat u in a duel and i would be fun to try

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

If they add MP to Kotor they should limit it to the abbility to play the main story arc with 3 persons (each one taking the roll of a NPC)

Note; ofcourse this should not lead to Kotor2 AI (or rather; lack of it!)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm sure it would be fun. But since you need lots of power to play KOTOR I think that putting MP in as well would need at least a 2.0 Ghz CPU.

But however I doubt they will ever apply MP to KOTOR.

If they add MP to Kotor they should limit it to the abbility to play the main story arc with 3 persons (each one taking the roll of a NPC)

Note; ofcourse this should not lead to Kotor2 AI (or rather; lack of it!)

The're more rpg's with that option, but IMO playing the game is not much fun for the two players that are not the main character. Because they don't have any influence on the way the game is played, and that makes for a boring game. They're there just for the support of the main character.

I wouldn't use the feature myself, but I see no (non-tech) reason not to have it in there as long as it worked like The Architect suggested...aka that it wasn't part of the SP/rpg game, just a MP option tha unlocks when you finish the game once.

But I think it would be better/make more sense to create a seperate game for those who want Jedi action/PvP.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i dont think multiplayer for the storyline would be good but like a little separate game where u can just fight with your character would be cool

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Thankfully I dont play WoW myself, I aint paying for some waste of time/life.

So you don't pay for your computer games? :p"

Yeah what Krookie said, I wouldnt for the life of me, pay for a game monthly about 40 or so dollars just to waste my life, The way the WoW card works is days, so if you activate it one day it starts ticking down until thats 60th day and if you havent even played it once and just activated it, its still wasting the time you can play on it so you of course want to get your moneys worth by playing it every of those 60 or so days, so its provoking you to be a jerk that lives at your computer and get to a level 60. I dont see why I should furtherly pay for a game which is about $70, and on top $40 monthly.

PS: Lol at your 666 posts

Edited by Sturm

Multiplayer would be interesting. Though it should not be a persistent world or anything similar to an MMO. Something like NWN? Although I've personally never played the game I have a fair idea on how it's multiplayer functions. Could that concept be applied to KotOR? Would be interesting and would definatly extend the life of the product as well as crank up a variety of reviews.

If it worked really well, then I think it would be beneficial. However I'd prefer if most of the time and resources was focused on creating an excellent storyline, a solid game engine, new and interesting gameplay mechanics etc. I would also like to see the game become a little more mod friendly as well, since the only thing keeping me playing K1 and K2 is downloading user created content to add or alter the game experience.

I don't know any on-line game that costs $40 a month. $15-20 usually. US dollars that is. I understand/respect the principle of not wanting to pay, but for me, I pay more than that for a pizza so I if I really want to play something, I don't mind the cost to at least try it for a while. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thats cos you probabally have a job, and think of all that money that you could save instead of paying for WoW monthly, you could soon save up and buy a new computer, or a new game for that matter :)

But the thing is, if KotOR3 where to become a Multiplayer game, there would be quite a few people who would just buy it for its multiplayer reasons, because they may have heard about it somewhere and just decided to get it because of multiplayer without acctually getting the whole understanding about it, which is fine... to a degree.

There was initially some gripes about GW for that reason - they bought it because of the Guild WARS (PvP/arena) and the idea that they could instantly make a top lvl chr and jump into the fray, and then discovering in order to create a truly unique character they had to play the PvM game to level up/grind and find stuff.

I don't think The Architect was suggesting that Kotor3 (if there ever is one) should be a multiplayer game. Just that it had a simple option for players to ener a static arena and pummel each other with their sabers. Something akin to what Drakan tried to do, perhaps.

Guest The Architect
He just doesn't pay monthly because he thinks (as do I) that it's a stupid idea.

Well to be honest I don't really care if any potential future KOTOR game has some form of a multiplayer mode or not, I was merely just trying to clarify the point that if there ever was going to be some form of multiplayer mode in possible future KOTOR games, then it would have to be something seperate that has nothing to do with the single-player story-arch of the game itself.

And the other point of this topic was for the people who would like future KOTOR games to have some form of multiplayer mode (that's seperate from the plot/single-player mode itself) and share their ideas/suggestions/thoughts on the issue.

I don't think multiplayer mode in potential future KOTOR games is a stupid idea (if it's implemented properly and seperate from the plot) however, if the possible future KOTOR games continue to stay the way they are, then I won't be complaining, and I suppose in terms of size, time constraints, costing, and the fact that there are other Star Wars games better suited for multiplayer modes suggest that any future KOTOR games will not go multiplayer anyway.

Edited by The Architect