Diabetes thread

Fenghuang

I know two diabetesies. They're both jerks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My dad got told he had diabetes because he was overweight or something like that. He followed their diet plan and now he's really skinny but has gross feet and he can't eat anything fun... poor dad >_<

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I have type 1 diabetes. It is a disease where your pancreas cannot produce enough insulin to control the amount of sugar in your blood. So you have to inject yourself with artificial insulin daily (type 2 can diet or take pills). I'm hoping I'll see a cure in my lifetime.

I was three or four when my dad was diagnosed with the disease. At the supper table he went wiggy, ran outside and put his fist through the garage door. It took both paramedics and a couple of my uncles to hold him down. He takes his insulin shots religiously but sometimes if he doesn' eat enough or on time he totally zones out. It's not a pretty picture. :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My dad got told he had diabetes because he was overweight or something like that. He followed their diet plan and now he's really skinny but has gross feet and he can't eat anything fun... poor dad :(

Gross feet?

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Actually there is always a roll of lifesavers and a snickers bar in his truck for emergencies.

I remember dad got brought home in a squad car one time because he felt a reaction coming on and pulled over of the road. Into some guys field. Who was not impressed and called 5-0. After wrestling with him (again?) the old man got his **** together enough to scream out 'I'm a diabetic!'.

He wore his medical chain with a lot more frequency after that incident.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Gross feet?

Yeh... for some reason his feet have become all dry and cracked since he got diabetes and sometimes it's very painful for him to walk on them... it's very strange since I don't think his feet are meant to be gross as a result of diabetes, but his feet are gross nonetheless :(

Gross feet?

Yeh... for some reason his feet have become all dry and cracked since he got diabetes and sometimes it's very painful for him to walk on them... it's very strange since I don't think his feet are meant to be gross as a result of diabetes, but his feet are gross nonetheless :(

Diabetes affects the feet.

That's pretty solid (heh) advice, Bok. Although I'm about ninety percent sure if I mention your suggestion to pops he'd look at me and say "Juice boxes? Those are for ****!"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

That's pretty solid (heh) advice, Bok.  Although I'm about ninety percent sure if I mention your suggestion to pops he'd look at me and say "Juice boxes?  Those are for ****!"

LOL tell him not to be stubborn, it's for his health. I carry a juicy juice wherever I go and I freak out if I don't have one in my pocket.

Gross feet?

Sorry to hear that.

My father has a conditon that effects the veins in his legs and feet, but also makes them where the skin is no longer porous. Everytime he goes in for a checkup the first thing they check for is diabetes, so far he been lucky.

A friend of mine's father developed diabetes after hs kidney failure, now they have found calcium buildup in his arteries. The calcium buildups are often times fatal, somewhere in the neighborhood of around 80%, unfortantly this combined with the diabetes means that in the near future they might have to consider amputation. :)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sorry to hear that.

My father has a conditon that effects the veins in his legs and feet, but also makes them where the skin is no longer porous. Everytime he goes in for a checkup the first thing they check for is diabetes, so far he been lucky.

A friend of mine's father developed diabetes after hs kidney failure, now they have found calcium buildup in his arteries. The calcium buildups are often times fatal, somewhere in the neighborhood of around 80%, unfortantly this combined with the diabetes means that in the near future they might have to consider amputation. :(

Oh, my dad's feet don't sound even remotely as serious as what your father has to go through or your friend's father. I wish all the best to them both... as well as to Mr. Bok and KQD's father :)

LOL tell him not to be stubborn, it's for his health.

But stubborn is his second middle name right after David!

I wish all the best to them both... as well as to Mr. Bok and KQD's father :)

I'll thank you now on his behalf, Launchie.

Um,, diabetes isn't hereditary, is it?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif