Haven't played in over a year. HUD seems too big.

So a year ago I was playing on a 19" CRT with an old video card running at 800x600. I got bored and thought I'd see what it looked like with my current card and LCD monitor running at 1600x1200 (native resolution of my monitor is 1920x1200).

Are the items on the HUD (attack/force/grenade icons, player pic, etc) suppoed to be really big? Also, the minimap and the icons in the lower left look like they're scaled up really badly.

It's fine for me too. They'll stay pretty big relative to the rest of the screen, however - they don't get miniscule w/more resolution.

Still, if they're really huge, that would seem unusual to me. Maybe attach a screenshot?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1024 by 768 for resolution size seems ok so far for K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

My understanding is that while the video card is typically the major thing, if one's CPU is too 'old' then well, it can't take advantage of the advanced card so much (bottleneck). So CPU can be a factor.

But if you have a fairly 'modern/speedy' PC and an older card, the card is then the bottleneck. Depends a bit I guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Also depends on the game...

While most of the time Kotor2 relies most on the GPU smoke and Dantooine seem to rely mostly on CPU; and ask more than the modern PC can provide :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee