What did Revan discover?

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Well put it this way, when Revan's full memories returned, he/she journeyed into the unknown regions do deal with the 'True Sith' in his/her own way. Now think about it, Revan departed known space a year after the Jedi Civil War (the events of KOTOR) and regardless of whether your Revan was LS or DS, the Republic/Jedi (LS Revan) and the Sith (DS Revan) were in no position to challenge the 'True Sith', they were all in a weak state, vulnerable to attack. Anyone who's played KOTOR II should know this, that a year after the Jedi Civil War that the Republic, the Jedi Order and the Sith from Malak's armada were in a weak position.

So one must ask themselves a series of questions. Number one, if this 'True Sith' threat were so terrible, then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were all in a weak, vulnerable state? Also, why did Revan go into the unknown regions alone, without any help? And how could Revan alone possibly stop the 'True Sith'? Also, if Revan has not dead, then one must ask themselves what has he/she been doing in the unknown regions all of this time?

These questions can be answered, and the answers fit in like a perfect jigsaw puzzle IMO. Now my theory is that I think Revan is staging a 'civil war' inside the Empire of the 'True Sith' regardless of whether he/she is LS or DS. If Revan was LS, then he/she has had to embrace the power of the dark-side (a sacrifice, which corresponds perfectly about Kreia saying that she beleived Revan knew the difference between a sacrifice and a fall) in order to stop the 'True Sith'.

If your Revan was DS in KOTOR, then this is merely just an extension for his/her quest for power. Once a DS Revan remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', he/she saw them as a much greater threat to his/her own dark Empire than a crippled Republic and Jedi Order, so he/she went to conquer the greatest enemy. Once he/she becomes the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith', he/she will conquer the Republic without breaking a sweat. DS Revan left his/her companions behind, because Malak's betrayal taught him/her that he/she cannot trust anyone, not even Bastila, not when there is so much at stake.

If your Revan was LS in KOTOR, he/she remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', and that he/she had originally embraced the power of the dark-side to stop their impending invasion. LS Revan meant to do a little evil to prevent a greater one, a sacrifice, becoming evil for good intentions, however, as the war progressed, Revan became seduced by the dark-side and attempted to conquer the Republic that he/she had sworn protect instead of sticking to the original plan of leaving the Republic's infastructure intact and focusing only on crushing the Jedi Order. So once LS Revan remembered this threat, a year after the events of KOTOR, considering the state the galaxy was in (Republic, Jedi, Sith) the only way he/she saw to end the threat of the 'True Sith', was to go to the 'True Sith' Empire, sacrifice himself/herself to the dark-side again, and then attempt to subvert the regime of the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith' from within by starting a 'civil war'. And LS Revan left his/her friends/companions behind, because he/she did not want to unnecessarily endanger them either through the 'True Sith' or his/her own dark self as Darth Revan.

Either way, this explains where Revan is, and what he/she has been doing all this time. And guess what? This way, Revan could definately appear in KOTOR III (if there is one) again, as a DS Sith Lord with his/her mask on. If you set Revan as LS, then he/she is redeemable, if you choose to try and save Revan that is, but if you set Revan as DS, then he/she is not redeemable and must be stopped. Make your choices mean something.

This 'civil war' idea explains why Revan has been gone for so long and what he/she has been doing, it also explains why Revan locked his/her navicomputer and was so secretive about where he/she was going (not only because a LS Revan didn't want to endanger his/her allies, but also because a LS Revan wouldn't want anybody to find him/her (hence locking the navicomputer) and potentially ruin his/her master plan and if Revan is DS, then he/she doesn't want anybody going with him/her because he/she doesn't trust anyone and also, if Revan's plan backfires, then at least the Republic/Jedi or the Sith (depending on Revan's alignment should be given enough time with Revan's plan to rebuild themselves and prepare for any possible invasion).

This is why I think Revan told Mandalore to regather, reunite and rebuild the Mandalorian Clans, because not only could Revan trust Canderous, he is a loyal beast afterall, but also because if Revan's plan backfires, the Mandalorians are there to fight the 'True Sith' if necessary, and it's not like they'd turn away from battle.

And also, this 'civil war' idea explains why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state, because Revan's 'civil war' plan must be working and he/she is scrweing up the plans of the 'True Sith'.

The 'civil war' idea also gives us a chance to show Revan's supposed 'genius', it also fits in well with the whole Sith teaching that they must continually test their strength against each other, and it also makes things easier for the devs of KOTOR III (if there is one) to bring Revan back, since you don't have to worry about Revan's appearence (the mask) and you don't have to worry about writing eight different Revan's, which makes things a hell of a lot easier and workable for the devs.

Besides, I'm sure Revan knew that if he/she did not try the 'civil war' plan, then the Republic/Jedi/Sith were screwed anyway, as the 'True Sith', who are supposed to be all mighty and powerful, would have crushed anyone who stood in their way in their inevitable attack on the galaxy...

What are your thoughts people?

Edited by The Architect

WOW... is this an epic poem? :wacko:

I agree in almost every point you stated... in fact, I think it's the greatest K3 suggestion I've heard up to now... you should send it to Obsidian... they might even accept it!

You deserve a degree in Ingeneering... since your an Architect now...

Or would you prefer a medal?

Guest The Architect
WOW... is this an epic poem?  :)

I agree in almost every point you stated... in fact, I think it's the greatest K3 suggestion I've heard up to now... you should send it to Obsidian... they might even accept it!

You deserve a degree in Ingeneering... since your an Architect now...

Or would you prefer a medal?

Thanks, I'm glad you see things my way :thumbsup: But I cannot take credit for coming up with this idea, my 'epic poem' as you put it :D is based off Jediphile's idea 'http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=41146&view=findpost&p=594160' I've merely just expanded on why his idea is a genius idea that's all. When I first read Jediphile's thoughts on what Revan had been doing all this time, I thought that he should write KOTOR III, but it's the kind of idea that needs explaining, and it's the kind of idea I feel that needs to be appreciated, so I've been explaining why the 'civil war' idea is such a good one. So thank Jediphile for this, but still, thanks for appreciating my explanation of the 'civil war' idea, you've gained much influence points with me... :lol::thumbsup:

Guest The Architect
:thumbsup:

However, I still can't understand were Revan went off to. On what planet could he be? How is he traveling? Are the UR so vast?

Has Bastila, or others, gone to look for him?

Well, the unknown regions are the 'unknown regions'. What I mean by that is that it can be as vast as it wants, we don't really know for sure at this stage. But in order to understand where Revan went off to, we need to know who the 'True Sith' are. Now, at this stage, we don't know for sure who the 'True Sith' are, but we can speculate on who they are, so here is my theory.

The Great Hyperspace War was a war fought between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire that took place 1040 years before the events of KOTOR. The conflict encompassed three Republic worlds, the Sith gravesite of Korriban, and the remote star system Primus Goluud. After it overcame the initial shock of the Sith Invasion, the Republic's armadas regrouped and annihilated the Sith Empire, forcing the Dark Lord Naga Sadow to exile himself to Yavin IV.

But, during the Great Hyperspace War, when the end of the Sith Empire drew near, Ludo Kressh, Naga Sadow

I think the part of the navicomputer was bugged... so it was unaccesible. Those words look familiar... have you got all those info from the K2 Chronicles? Anyway, I knew all that stuff.

We'll have to zap T3-M4 and study the Ebon Hawk in every detail to find out where Revan is... and I think the Exile knows where he might be... but I'm not sure.

Guest The Architect
I think the part of the navicomputer was bugged... so it was unaccesible. Those words look familiar... have you got all those info from the K2 Chronicles? Anyway, I knew all that stuff.

We'll have to zap T3-M4 and study the Ebon Hawk in every detail to find out where Revan is... and I think the Exile knows where he might be... but I'm not sure.

The info about the Great Hyperspace War is from wikipedia...

Alec dont be too hastey when it comes to finding out where the hell Revan is, cos we are all going to be guessing of course, but not truely finding out where he abouts, exactly he is or why ect. And that should be revealed if we get a KotOR3, which would be great, and thankfully there are rumors about it comming out in the near future :blink:

But I believe, like yourself, Yes the Architech has provided one of those most detailed logical answers and successfully pieced the whole puzzle together, in this early stage, it looks like he has already found out the fundamental facts and the basic storyline, although we may have ideas based on that we still have lots of things to go through to uncover the story, such as planets, characters ect.

Guest The Architect
Alec dont be too hastey when it comes to finding out where the hell Revan is, cos we are all going to be guessing of course, but not truely finding out where he abouts, exactly he is or why ect. And that should be revealed if we get a KotOR3, which would be great, and thankfully there are rumors about it comming out in the near future :blink:

But I believe, like yourself, Yes the Architech has provided one of those most detailed logical answers and successfully pieced the whole puzzle together, in this early stage, it looks like he has already found out the fundamental facts and the basic storyline, although we may have ideas based on that we still have lots of things to go through to uncover the story, such as planets, characters ect.

Well I think Jediphile's KOTOR III plot is pretty close to what the 'official' plot of a potential KOTOR III could be. And I personally think Obsidian wrote KOTOR II in such a way that it was always going to be set up for a possible sequel. Why else do you think Obsidian has expressed interest in making KOTOR III? If those ****ing faggots LucasArts ever give them the greenlight that is! :angry:

Chris Avellone is a bloody good writer, I'm sure Obsidian has a good idea on what direction they'd take the KOTOR II story into. I'm sure if those dickheads LucasArts lets them make KOTOR III, it will be unquestionablly the best game of the series, and I think this 'civil war' idea is indeed part of Obsidian's plan in bringing back Revan in KOTOR III, well, from everything I found out in KOTOR II, the 'civil war' idea was the impression I got that Obsidian were planning to use and reveal in a possible KOTOR III. There are many clues in KOTOR II, as I've pointed out in my previous long rant about the 'civil war' idea.

Obsidian must make KOTOR III (if there is going to be one), I hope they do, they better make KOTOR III!

Here are some things you have to consider with the whole True Sith thing. If these are the Sith we know then there's no way they could have lasted for over a thousand years without killing each other for power. There would have to be a change in their tradition in order to sustain themselves. Unless of course the old Sith Lord managed to keep himself alive (Sion proves that near-immortality is quite possible with the Dark Side) and maintained dominance over the Sith Empire.

Also wasn't T3 supposed to come back to known space only if something happened to Revan? If so this further suggests Revan may have died in the Unknown Regions. My opinion is that Revan may have searched for a weakness to the True Sith, a weapon. It's sort of far-fetched (IMO) for Revan to infiltrate the True Sith (We don't even know exactly how they look) and systematically turn one side against the other. Revan doesn't have the resources or the manpower to do all of that. That would seem logical seeing as how evidence suggests that Revan's original plan was to replace the Republic with a stronger, much more aggresive civilization to match the True Sith. But that plan failed miserably.

Now perhaps the Exile may have continued Revan's search and put even more puzzle pieces together to point towards this weapon or weakness. Perhaps the Ebon Hawk and T3 will return to known space with this information to combat the True Sith (Seeing as how the Galaxy is at it's weakest state). However a few more puzzle pieces remain that your new PC will have to uncover throughout the story.

my theory about what reaven found was this.

Reavan found out that the old sith empire was not totaly destoryed as the jedi beleived there were some of the sith traveld to the unknown region.

I think it likly that some sith went to the unknow region to find worlds they could dominate as their own these sith may have forseen the destruction of the first sith empire and left the temple on melchor v incase any sith with the sith teachings wanted find them.

this would exsplain why reaven fell to the darkside as through the darkside knoledge of the sith and sith teachings would become more aparent.

somthing like this happens to exarkun in korribon when he takes the path of the darkside he finds he can read ancient sith texts.

these sith from the unknown region could be the threat reaven is trying to stop or to prevent by doing a bit of recon work as at the time the exile comes into the picture in kotor 2 the republic is in no fit state to defend itself against another sith onslaght easpecialy as their aint many jedi left.

reaven may have gone to seek out alies with force ability like master vrooks race whos homeworld is unknown but seem to have vast knoledge of the force.

if boath these theorys come to pass reaven and the exile will need to work together to warn the old republic and search for alies.

It would also be interesting to see how Kreia's proposal about life without the Force would relate to continuation of Kotor's story. And how Jedi will use what they know in negotiating obstacles of Sith.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think that Revan found a secret, hell to know what it would be, the "True" Sith could be the Vong, because Canderous mentions seeing their little scout ship in KotOR 1, they could have set up colonies in the Unknown Regions or it could be the Sith, and they have set up a hidden Empire. What I think is going to happen, is that the Jedi Order has been rebuilt because of the "True" Jedi, Atton, Bao-Dur, Bastilla, Brianna and Visas and they have begun training other Jedi Knights. Then Revan and the Exile at least make an appearence or they are in the game and tell about a Sith attack from the Outer-Rim. And again you have to stop them from destroying the Galaxy.

although the vong could be present in the unknown region it is highly unlikly they would feature in kotor3 as in the newjedi order series it states the vong were defeated by a living planet which the jedi discover and persuade it to come back with them to stop the vong.

it is known that the vong sent scout ships past the great barior to look for bases but it had taken them a long time to establish them selves and prepare for the vongs first world ship. only one jedi knew of the vong vedrie and she kept her true identity as a jedi secret as the vong hated the jedi intensly due to their dependence and aptitude for technoligy.

although they do let on that they did have a war with a race that used technoligy and only by a being giving them the biotechnoligy did they defeat them.

alot is unknown about that region of space for all we know reven may have found a ofshoot of the sith empire or even gone their to look for lost jedi.

*Ignores everyones eye-sore page long posts, except these two... for the time being, untill the point when I either can 1) be bothered to post again or 2) my eyes stop hurting :o *

... give them the greenlight that is!

Sorry cant resist, this reminds me of the Yank Paratroopers of WW2 and I just have to say this :p

"Stand UP! Check equipment, Sound of!"

Ect. :p Been playing some war games lately lol.

Just one quick question, do you know what ever happened to Jediphile? Looks like he just pulled a Revan and went off to some Unknown place...

Here are some things you have to consider with the whole True Sith thing. If these are the Sith we know then there's no way they could have lasted for over a thousand years without killing each other for power. There would have to be a change in their tradition in order to sustain themselves. Unless of course the old Sith Lord managed to keep himself alive (Sion proves that near-immortality is quite possible with the Dark Side) and maintained dominance over the Sith Empire.

Well, they obviously have a stable system and a leader who is preventing this from happening. I doubt that the so-called weak True Sith are that weak to acctually collapse by themselves, but only fall to others.

Also wasn't T3 supposed to come back to known space only if something happened to Revan? If so this further suggests Revan may have died in the Unknown Regions. My opinion is that Revan may have searched for a weakness to the True Sith, a weapon. It's sort of far-fetched (IMO) for Revan to infiltrate the True Sith (We don't even know exactly how they look) and systematically turn one side against the other. Revan doesn't have the resources or the manpower to do all of that. That would seem logical seeing as how evidence suggests that Revan's original plan was to replace the Republic with a stronger, much more aggresive civilization to match the True Sith. But that plan failed miserably.

T3 came back because Revan was supposedly looking for someone capable or something like that, Revan perhaps needed help maybe captured or anything who knows.

Guest The Architect

Ah yes, I have considered this fact. Obviously, a thousand years is plenty of time to rebuild an Empire isn't it? So you have to ask yourself why during this thousand year time period the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi and try and avenge the deaths of their ancestors and their fallen Empire.

And as you said, the 'True Sith' would have been killing each other for power in the unknown regions in 'civil wars' if you like (such is the teachings of the Sith, that they must continually test their strength against each other). However, I'm sure that when Ludo's remnants fled into the unknown regions, their original intention was to rebuild their Empire and then return to Republic space to attack the Jedi/Republic when their Empire was formiddable again, but because they would inevitably kill each other in the unknown regions (they would, because they are Sith) that would slow down or delay their rebuilding phase/plan and potentially ruin their Empire permanently, so this does, unfortunately suggest that the remnants of Ludo Kressh's fleet are not the 'True Sith, unless, like you've said, that somehow some ancient Sith Lord has done a 'Darth Sion', or they've had a change in their tradition/teachings, or, some charismatic, powerful Sith Lord successfully unites the 'True Sith' and turns their attention toward crushing their arch-enemy, the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, but if the 'True Sith' are not the descendants of Kressh's followers, then who could they possibly be? Hopefully, their not some friggin ancient powerful Empire that has just been sitting around doing **** all in the unknown regions, because that is just retarded...

Well look at it this way, we are repeatedly told that Revan was this so called 'mega military genius' and blah blah blah, Revan is glorified into being some sort of perfect god like being, and yet we never hear about what Revan did that was so fantastic in the Mandalorian Wars, so I think it's about time we see proof of Revan's so-called 'genius' in KOTOR III.

Now, I fail to see how Revan infiltrating the 'True Sith' and starting a 'civil war' amongst them is far-fetched, because the 'True Sith' are not a species, and Revan is supposed to be powerful and charismatic. All Revan has to do is sacrifice himself/herself to the DS, if your Revan was LS in KOTOR, or otherwise if your Revan was DS in KOTOR, then he/she is already a Sith. All Revan has to do, is be a DS Sith Lord, learn about the 'True Sith' Empire (via teachings, holocrons, etc) and explore the abandoned planets of the 'True Sith'. Now in order to successfully infiltrate and arrive at the heart of the 'True Sith' Empire, Revan probably had to build a special ship of 'True Sith' design (which also explains why he/she left the Ebon Hawk behind) or sneak in.

When Revan arrives at a 'True Sith' homeworld, without being gunned down, because of some kind of undercover design ('True Sith' ship) all Revan has to do is march off the ship, confront whoever is there, and tell them how he/she found the 'True Sith' Empire and how he/she wants to join them and challenge for the title of Dark Lord. Now, the 'True Sith' wouldn't just attack Revan, they'd want to capture Revan and find out everything they can for intelligence purposes, but disguised as a Sith (LS Revan) or being a Sith (DS Revan) he/she might be given a chance by the 'True Sith' to prove himself/herself of joining them (as they respect power, and despise weakness) so Revan would probably have to fight and kill accouple 'True Sith', but after Revan has proved himself/herself, then bang, he/she has joined the 'True Sith'.

And by the way, Revan does not necessarily have to start a 'civil war', the 'True Sith' could have already been in the middle of a big civil war, and Revan may not necessarily operate as a military leader, but just as a new recruit for a 'True Sith' clan, or something like that.

Now perhaps the Exile may have continued Revan's search and put even more puzzle pieces together to point towards this weapon or weakness. Perhaps the Ebon Hawk and T3 will return to known space with this information to combat the True Sith (Seeing as how the Galaxy is at it's weakest state). However a few more puzzle pieces remain that your new PC will have to uncover throughout the story.

That is a possibility. Either way, we agree that the new main character of KOTOR III (if there is one) has to somehow be dragged into the story/events, and this, above all, is what I think is going to be the most difficult thing to do, but there is no choice, since we simply must go a new main character in KOTOR III...

Ah yes, I have considered this fact. Obviously, a thousand years is plenty of time to rebuild an Empire isn't it? So you have to ask yourself why during this thousand year time period the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi and try and avenge the deaths of their ancestors and their fallen Empire.

And as you said, the 'True Sith' would have been killing each other for power in the unknown regions in 'civil wars' if you like (such is the teachings of the Sith, that they must continually test their strength against each other). However, I'm sure that when Ludo's remnants fled into the unknown regions, their original intention was to rebuild their Empire and then return to Republic space to attack the Jedi/Republic when their Empire was formiddable again, but because they would inevitably kill each other in the unknown regions (they would, because they are Sith) that would slow down or delay their rebuilding phase/plan and potentially ruin their Empire permanently, so this does, unfortunately suggest that the remnants of Ludo Kressh's fleet are not the 'True Sith, unless, like you've said, that somehow some ancient Sith Lord has done a 'Darth Sion', or they've had a change in their tradition/teachings, or, some charismatic, powerful Sith Lord successfully unites the 'True Sith' and turns their attention toward crushing their arch-enemy, the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, but if the 'True Sith' are not the descendants of Kressh's followers, then who could they possibly be? Hopefully, their not some friggin ancient powerful Empire that has just been sitting around doing **** all in the unknown regions, because that is just retarded...

Well I'm not saying they couldn't be decendants of Kreesh. But here's another reason why they may have not attacked yet. Perhaps there are still a few more things they want 'taken care of' before launching an invasion (As in the complete and utter destruction of any force uers). Even with the galaxy at it's weak state, Jedi and such known to save the galaxy despite being outmatched.

Well look at it this way, we are repeatedly told that Revan was this so called 'mega military genius' and blah blah blah, Revan is glorified into being some sort of perfect god like being, and yet we never hear about what Revan did that was so fantastic in the Mandalorian Wars, so I think it's about time we see proof of Revan's so-called 'genius' in KOTOR III.

Now, I fail to see how Revan infiltrating the 'True Sith' and starting a 'civil war' amongst them is far-fetched, because the 'True Sith' are not a species, and Revan is supposed to be powerful and charismatic. All Revan has to do is sacrifice himself/herself to the DS, if your Revan was LS in KOTOR, or otherwise if your Revan was DS in KOTOR, then he/she is already a Sith. All Revan has to do, is be a DS Sith Lord, learn about the 'True Sith' Empire (via teachings, holocrons, etc) and explore the abandoned planets of the 'True Sith'. Now in order to successfully infiltrate and arrive at the heart of the 'True Sith' Empire, Revan probably had to build a special ship of 'True Sith' design (which also explains why he/she left the Ebon Hawk behind) or sneak in.

When Revan arrives at a 'True Sith' homeworld, without being gunned down, because of some kind of undercover design ('True Sith' ship) all Revan has to do is march off the ship, confront whoever is there, and tell them how he/she found the 'True Sith' Empire and how he/she wants to join them and challenge for the title of Dark Lord. Now, the 'True Sith' wouldn't just attack Revan, they'd want to capture Revan and find out everything they can for intelligence purposes, but disguised as a Sith (LS Revan) or being a Sith (DS Revan) he/she might be given a chance by the 'True Sith' to prove himself/herself of joining them (as they respect power, and despise weakness) so Revan would probably have to fight and kill accouple 'True Sith', but after Revan has proved himself/herself, then bang, he/she has joined the 'True Sith'.

And by the way, Revan does not necessarily have to start a 'civil war', the 'True Sith' could have already been in the middle of a big civil war, and Revan may not necessarily operate as a military leader, but just as a new recruit for a 'True Sith' clan, or something like that.

Well you have remember, military genius and espionage are two different fields. Revan was a tactician of fleets, (s)he used strategy to defeat his/her enemies. When it comes to espionage you need to understand the enemies culture. You need to be capable of adapting to a new situation at a moment's notice.

Over a thousand years Sith tradition probably changed in the known galaxy. However Kreesh may still hold true to some of the most anicent rituals and such. I doubt Revan may know all of this, and could easily offend one of the older Sith by not knowing how to bow properly or something along those lines.

Not only that but in Revan's case it would best to start out at the lowest ranks. Revan can't simply meet these True Sith for the first time and say "Hey, where's your boss I need to kill him." Revan would then draw too much attention to him/herself which would make it alot easier to expose Revan as an imposter if he/she made a mistake.

Other than that we don't know just how powerful these 'True Sith' really are. It would be a big mistake to assume that Revan is more powerful than the 'True Sith', especially their leader. Revan would have no idea on how powerful these True Sith may be. If Trayus Academy, a place that allowed force users to 'feed' on the force was simlpy an artifact of their ancient empire, then what other strange things can these True Sith do with the force?

That is a possibility. Either way, we agree that the new main character of KOTOR III (if there is one) has to somehow be dragged into the story/events, and this, above all, is what I think is going to be the most difficult thing to do, but there is no choice, since we simply must go a new main character in KOTOR III...

Yes I do agree.

That plot line would work in fan fiction, not an official licensed game, it's too far fetched. Revan is either captured, killed or weakened significantly in some way, if not then Kotor 3 and Revan should have a parting of ways. If he is wekened he might have been able to infiltrate the Sith ranks, waiting for hi moment to escape or strike a large blow.

If the Sith trully have an empire, no single man can hope to overthrow it on his own. If that's the case then the Exile, the Mandalorians and remnant Jedi would have to join the fight, or all will be lost.

Guest The Architect
Well I'm not saying they couldn't be decendants of Kreesh. But here's another reason why they may have not attacked yet. Perhaps there are still a few more things they want 'taken care of' before launching an invasion (As in the complete and utter destruction of any force uers). Even with the galaxy at it's weak state, Jedi and such known to save the galaxy despite being outmatched.

Perhaps that is the case, but the matter of the fact is, we simply do not know enough about the 'True Sith' to really know what their 'goals/plans/intentions/actions' are, as well as who exactly they are for that matter. Only Obsidian can stop the endless speculation, by making KOTOR III, but that's if those **** LucasArts gives the all clear...

Well you have remember, military genius and espionage are two different fields. Revan was a tactician of fleets, (s)he used strategy to defeat his/her enemies. When it comes to espionage you need to understand the enemies culture. You need to be capable of adapting to a new situation at a moment's notice.

Over a thousand years Sith tradition probably changed in the known galaxy. However Kreesh may still hold true to some of the most anicent rituals and such. I doubt Revan may know all of this, and could easily offend one of the older Sith by not knowing how to bow properly or something along those lines.

Not only that but in Revan's case it would best to start out at the lowest ranks. Revan can't simply meet these True Sith for the first time and say "Hey, where's your boss I need to kill him." Revan would then draw too much attention to him/herself which would make it alot easier to expose Revan as an imposter if he/she made a mistake.

Other than that we don't know just how powerful these 'True Sith' really are. It would be a big mistake to assume that Revan is more powerful than the 'True Sith', especially their leader. Revan would have no idea on how powerful these True Sith may be. If Trayus Academy, a place that allowed force users to 'feed' on the force was simlpy an artifact of their ancient empire, then what other strange things can these True Sith do with the force?

Yes I know. The 'civil war' idea isn't so great afterall. But I thought the good thing about it was it did provide a way to bring Revan back in KOTOR III without having to worry about writing four different Revan's and selecting his/her appearence, but at the same time, not forcing a fixed 'canon' Revan on us and actually being able to choose Revan's gender/alignment, which is a priority in KOTOR III (assuming there will be one)...

Besides, the 'civil war' idea isn't mine, it's Jediphile's, I was just...how can you say, promoting his idea on what Revan has been doing in the unknown regions all this time and then I was trying to tell people the positives about this 'civil war' idea and how it makes sense to some degree...

Perhaps I should ask Jediphile how exactly Revan is able to successfully infiltrate the 'True Sith' Empire and begin a war amongst their leaders in his plot. And Sturm, there are plenty of possible reasons as to why Jediphile has been inactive on these forums lately, but hopefully, it's not one of these two reasons...

1) He's lost interest in these forums...

2) Something bad/serious has happened to him...

That plot line would work in fan fiction, not an official licensed game, it's too far fetched. Revan is either captured, killed or weakened significantly in some way, if not then Kotor 3 and Revan should have a parting of ways. If he is wekened he might have been able to infiltrate the Sith ranks, waiting for hi moment to escape or strike a large blow.

If the Sith trully have an empire, no single man can hope to overthrow it on his own. If that's the case then the Exile, the Mandalorians and remnant Jedi would have to join the fight, or all will be lost.

Yeah I know, it is somewhat far fetched, but when I first Jediphile's 'civil war' idea (yeah, it's not my idea) it actually made a great deal of sense to me and actually made it easier for game developers to bring Revan back into KOTOR III without them having to force Revan's gender/alignment/appearence on us which would suck and destroy the whole point of these KOTOR games...

If Jediphile returns (please come back Jediphile) perhaps he could explain how Revan could successfully infiltrate the 'True Sith' Empire and start a 'civil war' amongst the leaders of the 'True Sith' without the 'civil war' idea being corny.

But yet again, the idea of the Star Forge producing unlimited resources in KOTOR was far fetched IMO, in fact there were many things that I found far fetched about KOTOR and BioWare's overrated cliched storyline, but I don't see many people complaining about it, and while yes, I do agree that it is retarted to think that Revan could fight the 'True Sith' alone single-handedly and destroy them, I think that it might not be such a stretch to overlook the idea of Revan starting a 'civil war' amongst the 'True Sith', but not fighting them all by himself/herself single-handedly as being far fetched.

And if there is no 'civil war' going on between the 'True Sith', then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi after the Jedi Civil War when they were in a weak, vulnerable state?

And if your answer is that they sat back and let the Sith from KOTOR II do the dirty work for them, well that would suggest that they have spies/scouts of some sort for a start, but yet again, wouldn't the Sith from KOTOR II be a threat to them as well if they prevailed in KOTOR II (considering their techniques)?

But the bottom line is, the events of KOTOR II spawned many questions, questions that need answering, all of this speculation must be quenched for good, so I hope KOTOR III is made, and I hope that it deals with the 'True Sith' plot, and I hope we go a new main character, and I also hope we get to select the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile. I also hope Revan and the Exile are involved somehow in someway in KOTOR III and are not just simply ignored or cheaply killed off, and I also hope Obsidian makes KOTOR III and BioWare stays the hell away from KOTOR III (since I thought that KOTOR II was much better in terms of story/gameplay than KOTOR was)...

Edited by The Architect

But yet again, the idea of the Star Forge producing unlimited resources in KOTOR was far fetched IMO...

The Star Forge drew it's energy from the Force(DS), right? Then what was that matter stream coming from the sun? It might have drawn the resources from there, without any significant effect on the sun's mass. Just a thought.

But yet again, the idea of the Star Forge producing unlimited resources in KOTOR was far fetched IMO...

The Star Forge drew it's energy from the Force(DS), right? Then what was that matter stream coming from the sun? It might have drawn the resources from there, without any significant effect on the sun's mass. Just a thought.

How can you get metal and ore from mere sun? and the Force thats not viable

PS: ALEC SIG SPAM!

You can, as the sun gets older there are heavy elements in it, if you could find out how to draw the elements from it, it's possible. You Jupiter if you wanted to for it's gases for fuel, but the problem would be getting those fuels out of Jupiters massive gravity well.