Americans too fat for X-rays

jaguars4ever

ugh. im american and from oregon im a health food junkie (who loves chocolate) and ppls eating habits disgust me

well if they dont excercise

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

I'm been considering options to sound proof a room in my house, perhaps lining the walls in fried catfish is the answer. Hmm...I'll need a big fan too.

Edit:

And I've been to Oregon many times in my travels, and their problem isn't fat, it's ugly. I'm convinced thats were they grow the trees they make ugly sticks out of.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Obesity hurting accuracy of images, doctors say.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- More and more obese people are unable to get full medical care because they are either too big to fit into scanners, or their fat is too dense for X-rays or sound waves to penetrate, radiologists reported Tuesday.

:cat:

I suspect it is now time to increase the particle acceleration on our Radiographs, specifically electrons. Some Gamma should penetrate that crap! :p

I live in Washington (which is the state above Oregon for those of you non-USer friendlies), and I must say that, on a good day, most Oregonians look like Bokishi's avatar.

On the other hand, they have no sales tax.

My experience with Oregon is that it's a haven for motorhomes. The coast is pretty tho. :-

Re: the article - well...I really don't have much to say on that one. I guess they'll have to make larger MRI machines and eventually give the costs to the patient/consumer, as usual. I don't personally see the inactivity/poundage issue decreasing anytime soon, in the US or anywhere else having the 'problem'.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I acn't imagine fat stopping x-rays in any depth a human could produce. I can, however, believe that they could be too big to fit between the plates.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

X-rays cause cancer. When they designed the x-ray machines they naturally designed them to radiate with the least amount of energy possible, calculating for them to reach through a normal human being, give or take a couple of inches. I can easily imagine those rays being too weak to penetrate a huge beer belly, the size of a second person clingong onto another person. Maybe that's the problem, maybe not, but that would be my guess.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thikn the basic thing is that they degrade in air, rather than degrading in thicker material.

Heh. Check me out. Fething scientist, me. Duh.... :( :">

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

but in any case it's horrific that people are too big to fit into these machines.. The industrial world needs a reality check soon .. this has gone way too far for way too long!

Fortune favors the bald.

That looks seriously creepy. I wouldn't go anywhere near a thing that could smile like that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Eating like a murena isn't the only form of theraphy known to man. Unless Iowa is an exception? These fatsos humour me, because they are sad.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Aside from the downright irony of Hades calling someone juvenile, it's not as if this isn't some epidemic disease causing obesity. Most of the time it's their own faults for being overweight. It amazes me how far some people will let their bodies go to hell. Talk about digging your own grave with your knife and fork.

Aside from the downright irony of Hades calling someone juvenile, it's not as if this isn't some epidemic disease causing obesity.  Most of the time it's their own faults for being overweight.  It amazes me how far some people will let their bodies go to hell.  Talk about digging your own grave with your knife and fork.

Making fun of someone who has a problem, self afflicted or not, is juvenile. Hell, there are people who are trying to lose the weight but have a hard time doing so. I should know, I'm one of them. Hell, I have cut off a good chunk of my favortie foods and eliminated my drinking of softdrinks. I have even increased my physical excercise a great deal. I still haven't lost any significant amount of weight, though I have been more cheerful than I normally am.

Edited by Judge Hades