What Are You Reading?

Baley

Life of Pi was pretty good, yeah getting with the character and all, and the whole kinda dream scenario sorta aspect. The boy and his halluconations, the lion not eating him, being with the lion and living about 6 months or so with him ect.

Edited by Sturm

Life of Pi was pretty good, yeah getting with the character and all, and the whole kinda dream scenario sorta aspect. The boy and his halluconations, the lion not eating him, being with the lion and living about 6 months or so with him ect.

You mean a bengal tiger..

Fortune favors the bald.

Just got back from checking all the book stores in town within walking distance and non of them have a copy of Dune: The Battle of Corrin. Arg! I just finished The Machine Crusade this morning and I must know how this ends! I need that book despite how sick the last one made me feel with the way things have played out. :blink:

I really began to hate Iblis Ginjo towards the end of the book and especially his wife. >.<

Just got back from checking all the book stores in town within walking distance and non of them have a copy of Dune: The Battle of Corrin. Arg! I just finished The Machine Crusade this morning and I must know how this ends! I need that book despite how sick the last one made me feel with the way things have played out. :(

I really began to hate Iblis Ginjo towards the end of the book and especially his wife. >.<

Forgive my ignorance as I usually "wait for the movie"... :">

I am unfamilliar with Dune except for David Lynch's movie. If I remember correctly, the waking of the Quisat Aderak(or whatever but I'm pretty frakking close) happens 40000 years in the future. So my question to you is, assuming I am right about the timeline, do people actually still get married in those days???

Just got back from checking all the book stores in town within walking distance and non of them have a copy of Dune: The Battle of Corrin. Arg! I just finished The Machine Crusade this morning and I must know how this ends! I need that book despite how sick the last one made me feel with the way things have played out. :)

I am unfamilliar with Dune except for David Lynch's movie. If I remember correctly, the waking of the Quisat Aderak(or whatever but I'm pretty frakking close) happens 40000 years in the future. So my question to you is, assuming I am right about the timeline, do people actually still get married in those days???

You mean "Kwisatz Haderach", but close enough and according to Wikipedia it's around 22,000 years in the future or so. And yes people do still get married. There are a several marriages that I can recall from reading the prequel books although I haven't read the original books.

Why? :(

Edited by Deraldin

You mean "Kwisatz Haderach", but close enough and according to Wikipedia it's around 22,000 years in the future or so. And yes people do still get married. There are a several marriages that I can recall from reading the prequel books although I haven't read the original books.

Why? :(

Because I would think that in 22 000 years, humans would have evolved from such nonsense. But let's not start a religious debate here please.

Has anyone here read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown?  I've heard some say it was crap, others that it was as "good" as the Da Vinci Code.

That's an interesting question. I read "Angels and Demons" before Da Vinci Code, and I honestly liked it better. But I think the reason behind that is Dan Brown's writing is very similiar in both books. They are heavy on the action, and about halfway through the second book, I had grown tired of his style.

I didn't think either one was bad, he just isn't a writer I can read a ton of.

Insomnia & Desperation by Stephen King. Not very good but anything works in a power outtage pinch.

Last week I was re-reading One Day At Teton Marsh by Sally Carrighar. Old book with a bunch of interconnected short tales told from various animals points of view.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Otomo's Akira 9 and 10, Dan Simmon's Fall of Hyperion, Miller's Booze, Broads and Bullets and Waid/Ross's Kingdom Come.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Insomnia & Desperation by Stephen King. Not very good but anything works in a power outtage pinch.

Last week I was re-reading One Day At Teton Marsh by Sally Carrighar. Old book with a bunch of interconnected short tales told from various animals points of view.

See, I thought Insomnia was one of his best works. I really enjoyed that one. Then again, I enjoy most of his books.

Although I love The Stand and the Dark Tower books, sometimes King is better when he's not so epic. The short stories in Night Shift are great, quick reads, and Everything's Eventual is a pretty good collection, too.

He wrote a pretty short book called The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon that I thought was very good, as well.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Aw ****, I liked the guy. I hardly ever read his books, but that's still sad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Keep the Aspidistra Flying -- George Orwell

Its cool I find all these old books in my parents house that belonged to my grandparents and theres all kinds of cool stuff in them. In this one I found a ticket from a bullfight they went to down in Mexico, coolness.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've only read The Legend and The White Wolf, great swords and sorcery books.

kirottu said:

What's The Natural?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: