Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

POST YOUR SPECS

• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2643 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The later V64 Nitro+ model only has two 8 pins, earlier ones and the LE has 3. The 3x8 Sapphires were very popular for water cooling and extreme overclocking, iirc.

Wish they had the V64 Nitro+ here, but for the last 6 months it was Strix only and now even that is sold out.

• Azdeus likes this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

They've been selling here since the RTX release, or so I was told by the guys at the store. I guess they must've had this one in stock for a long time, and I'll consider myself happy - even though I don't think I will go for any extreme overclocking. I probably will watercool it though.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8547 posts

This might be my favourite thread on these boards. It's so cool to be able to follow people's builds since 2006 or so.

Anyhow, I recently built an ITX build. I noticed that I bought my last motherboard in 2008. It was time.

Case: Kolink Satellite Plus. It's a tiny cube with brushed aluminum plates all around. Very simple design, almost Danish in its simplicity. I like it a lot, was cheap too.

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS+ 750W Platinum. Smallest PSU I could find that was this powerful and fully modular. It's awesome. Completely silent until needed.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming. It's full of LED lights and features. There is a slightly more expensive version based on the X470, but I didn't need it (no OC).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X. So. Powerful. And the boxed cooler is actually good! Who knew?

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (2x16) 3600MHz/CL17. They shine like little Christmas trees..

GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 1080Ti Turbo. Yeah, I switched from AMD to Nvidia.. Don't like the drivers but love the performance. Only Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Ghost Recon: Wildlands has gotten it to buckle with everything on ultra at 1440p so far.

HD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB nvme M.2 SSD. 3500/2400 MB/s. It's so fast.. so fast.. Also a HGST 4TB 7200RPM mechanical drive for storage.

All of this is crammed into my little aluminum shoebox. It's awesome. Also, I found out that there's a program called AURA that came with the motherboard. It can control the LED lights on the actual motherboard itself, plus the cooler that came with the CPU also has support for AURA.. and the memory sticks also have support for AURA! How cool is that? There's a literal firework of colours and lights going off inside my tiny case at all times! Looks kinda gay though..

• Bokishi and Azdeus like this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

I've got those LED's on my motherboard aswell, but the leds has died and I can't get AURA to do anything with it. I probably should've taken the opportunity to have it RMAd when I changed the graphics card, but I really don't care about those flashing lights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users