POST YOUR SPECS

Bokishi

I always have two functional computers. One for general use and internet access and the other for games and media. The Green Machine is used for games and watching DVDs, no internet access. The 900 is used for general tasks. A couple of months ago both of my PCs died. The 900 replaced one of them, the Green was just rebuilt.

Since those two computers where Pentium 4's from 2004, it was time to be up with the current technology.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My new computer that was built for me us I mean. Boyfriend built it after all and he'll probably spend more time on it than me. This should give Bok a hard on.

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Yorkfield 3.2GHz

EVGA nVidia nForce 790i Ultra

4G's of RAM

EVGA GeForce 9800 GX2 SSC I think he has two installed for SLI.

2 TB hard drives

Edited by Dark_Raven
  • Like 1

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hm, on one hand, there's the 9800-card, a reason against that goal. On the other hand, you as a female being are talking about high end computer gadgets, so I think the proposed effect may indeed be achieved... :yucky:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

My new computer that was built for me us I mean. Boyfriend built it after all and he'll probably spend more time on it than me. This should give Bok a hard on.

4G's of RAM

2 TB hard drives

:lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

4G's of RAM

2 TB hard drives

You can run the Fallout 2 high-resolution widescreen mod with it without any hickups, at least :sorcerer:

But holy hell, that is some serious overkill you got there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just did some browsing and found out the price on some of that hardware. He makes good money but that is a waste on something that will be outdated in a few months. I'll have to have a talk with him. :sorcerer:

I'm sure he'll spend more time playing his shooter games than me playing my simple 2D games on that.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Just cuz I'm bored, here's what I've got:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5 GHz

RAM: 4 Gs

System: 32-bit

The only thing we can tell from that info is that you're wasting one GB of RAM.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 3 weeks later...

How does it sound? What speakers/headphones are you using?

I ask because by the end of the year (yes yes, a long time still :woot:) I'll build a new rig, and I haven't heard much of Creative's PCI-Express X-Fis (except the xtreme audio, which doesn't count)...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Oh please, the xtreme audio pci-e was nothing but a bad joke, I temporarily switched to realtek onboard (which sounded even worse) because it didn't have as many glitches. Yes the titanium sounds great, and is bug-free in Vista x64 SP1. My headphones are the Bose Quiet Comforts II

Edited by Bokishi

• 3 weeks later...

My computer:

Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 mainboard

Intel Q9450 (Cooled by Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme w/ Noctua NF- P12 fan and Coollaboratory Liquid Pro thermal paste)

2 GB RAM (Corsair Twin2X2048-8500C5D)

Asus DRW-2014L1T optical drive

Western Digital 500GB SATA II Caviar SE16 hard drive

Asus Geforce 8600 GT (512 Mb) graphics card (weak, I know, but better cards with a silent solution cost a lot)

M- Audio Delta AP192 sound card

Creative SB 16 PCI sound card (don't ask)

Antec Solo chassis

Oh, and I also have two quiet Noctua fans mounted in the chassis and one cooling my graphics card :thumbsup: two of these are controlled by an Akasa panel on the computer's front. My speaker setup is truly evil - I use a pair of unmatched speakers (the oldest being from 1994!) and one of these buggers all routed through a Tapco mixer table on my desk. The monitor is an old Dell Trinitron P1110 21'' (currently running at 1800x1440, 32 bits, 75 Hz). By all accounts, I should have stayed in the nineties, I know :p If I want to though, I could just plug in my old computer into my current monitor for some tr00 dual- boxing since I can change between two VGA signals with the flick of a switch. So I can play, say, Civ 4 and Alpha Centauri at the same time if I want to. That's neat :o

EDIT: Ah ****e, I forgot to tell that I have two OS:s, XP Professional on one partition and Vista Business on the other. And my Vista has Win98 on a virtual machine ;). Needless to say, continuity is important when I build my computers.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

• 2 weeks later...

So far acquired...

Antec Performance One P182

Antec TruePower Quatro 1000 PSU

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1 Terabyte HD

Asus P5E3 Premium WIFI - X48 chipset

2 x Corsair (2 x 2GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz) XMP DDR3 (8GB total)

Intel QX9650 CORE 2 Extreme Quad Core

Zalman Reserator 2 Fanless Water Cooling System with cpu and vga (not used yet) block

Asus 2400pro 256 mb silent video card - *Snigger! 50$ and it runs DirectX10 and Vista Aero*

No dedicated sound card yet. No "real" gfx card yet.

No fancy peripherals yet (throw away keyboard/mouse)

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just read this article this morning that startled me

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vista-workshop,1775.html

The upshot is that it doesn't make sense to install a 64 bit version of Vista in order to better utilize 4 GB of memory simply because the 32 bit version would only recognize 3.5 GB. The problem is that while it is true that you would "gain" the missing memory, you would also immediately lose it to the system due to the 64 bit version's larger memory footprint. Thus, using a 64 bit version really only makes sense with larger memory sizes.

I'm also messing with virtual machines, and I can now allocate additional RAM to those

Edited by Bokishi

I have a skulltrail mobo, 8 Gb corsair RAM, 3.3 (overclocked to 4) GHz quad-core, and (this is basically my prize possession) tri-SLI 280's. Oh, and I dual-boot Ubuntu and Vista 64 bit ultimate.

This is all in preparation for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Everything else I play on consoles :lol:.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I have a skulltrail mobo, 8 Gb corsair RAM, 3.3 (overclocked to 4) GHz quad-core, and (this is basically my prize possession) tri-SLI 280's. Oh, and I dual-boot Ubuntu and Vista 64 bit ultimate.

This is all in preparation for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Everything else I play on consoles :wacko:.

Skulltrail mobo? Sure, I can believe that. There is indeed one on the market, even if it is $650.

8GB of Corsair? Again I can believe that. Corsair does make 2GB FB-DIMMs so you have enough room for those. Only $320 for that.

Here is where you screw up...

3.3Ghz quad core? Doesn't exist. Perhaps you mean 3.2Ghz? That would be the QX9775 which currently retails for $1500. Oh but wait, you have skulltrail? That's a dual socket system! You'll need to buy two of those $1500 processors. Overclocking it to 4GHz if you actually had such a system is well within reach.

As for Tri-Sli? Not possible. The only skulltrail mobo out there doesn't support tri-sli.

This is all in preparation for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Everything else I play on consoles :lol:.

Skulltrail mobo? Sure, I can believe that. There is indeed one on the market, even if it is $650.

8GB of Corsair? Again I can believe that. Corsair does make 2GB FB-DIMMs so you have enough room for those. Only $320 for that.

Here is where you screw up...

3.3Ghz quad core? Doesn't exist. Perhaps you mean 3.2Ghz? That would be the QX9775 which currently retails for $1500. Oh but wait, you have skulltrail? That's a dual socket system! You'll need to buy two of those $1500 processors. Overclocking it to 4GHz if you actually had such a system is well within reach.

As for Tri-Sli? Not possible. The only skulltrail mobo out there doesn't support tri-sli.

Something is fishy :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein