POST YOUR SPECS

Bokishi

I had wireless headphones before, but they tend to have a lot of interference and its battery dies at most unsuitable moments.

Right in the middle of teh cybersexx0rzz!!1! :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 2 weeks later...

My new monitor arrived today, so I might as well post the specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

MB: Asus P5B Deluxe

RAM: 2 GB DDR2

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce FX7900 GS w/256 MB VRAM

HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 320 GB 7200.10

TV Card: Leadtek WinFast TV2000 Expert

Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR 111D DVD-RW

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 532

PSU: Cooler Master RealPower 450W

Keyboard: Logitech G15

Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution

Monitor: Samsung 971P

Speakers: Still good old Cambridge Soundworks FPS 1600 4.1

Total Cost: Roughly 2000 EUR, which amounts to about $2600.

post-31-1169500052_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Just got Audigy 4 to use instead of on-board audio. The difference is big, especially with 5.1 sound.

My poor headphones do not handle it too well though. Now waiting for these to arrive

Got it. I am not usually into sound stuff, but this is awesome. The difference between my old headphones and these is tremendous!

Audio hardware is underrated.

Edited by Diamond

Just got Audigy 4 to use instead of on-board audio. The difference is big, especially with 5.1 sound.

My poor headphones do not handle it too well though. Now waiting for these to arrive

Got it. I am not usually into sound stuff, but this is awesome. The difference between my old headphones and these is tremendous!

Audio hardware is underrated.

Audio hardware is extremely important!

I always use headphones, more so when playing fps's so I can use my ears to help me as the viewing perspective is usually alot less than in rl.

Good headphones + Audio hardware can give a major advantage when MP gaming.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

After much debate, ive found the motherboard im going to get. The ABIT AB9 QuadGT  It has the intel 965P Chipset. Anandtech Review!

:bat:

Great choice! I own the Abit AW9-MAX myself and it's easily the best motherboard I've had. Especially after a few BIOS updates (something which I presume you'll be going through too). Their hardware rocks, but it seems it takes them a while to optimize the BIOS part.

Oh, and I got a Tuniq Tower 120 for my Conroe. I haven't installed it yet, but here I come, 4 GHZ!! :mellow:)

TuniqTower120.jpg

I don't think I am brave enough to accept that dare :">

Edit: WTF kind of ugly smiley did I manage to lure out of the depths of the Obsidian server?! I had to edit my post just to get rid of it!

Edited by mkreku

How much can you safely overclock it with just the stock cooler?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, the stock clock is power applenty.. we rendered our animatics at Uni tonight and my rig only took 4minutes to render what took the others 15+

:))

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

At the moment I run my E6600 at 3.0GHz on the stock cooler. It never gets warmer than 53 degrees Celsius. That's a reasonable temperature for a 25% increase in performance.

I'll install the new cooler this weekend. It's not something I look forward to because I have to remove the entire motherboard to be able to install it, and I probably have to remove this extra fan that I added to cool my extremely hot X1950XTX (because of space problems).

• 2 weeks later...

Athlon 64 3800+ (on an Abit AV8-3rdEye, S939, Zalman 7700Cu)

1 GB Ram (2x 512 MB OCZ super-fast thingies)

320 GB HD (2x Samsung SP1614C or something like that, SATA)

GeForce 6800GT (Asus V9999 with Arctic Cooling Silencer)

It's just fast enough for NWN2, but won't be be replaced until the next gen of processors/gfx-cards or even the gen thereafter, because I'm a student but like high-end hardware, that's quite a bad combination :teehee:

[edit]

Quite glad after reading this thread that I'm not the only one to run a "last-gen" system and not have jumped on the c2d-train :aiee:

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Case

Asus Commando 965P Mobo(I know i know, i changed my mind alot on the motherboard)

E6600 C2D CPU

two Western Digital Sata 400gig Hard drives

2gig OCZ Gold XTC 6400 800mhz ram

7900GT OC extreme by XFX

Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

G5 Logitech Mouse

Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Nope no stacker, It was $100 more then i had to spend. The aurora 3D 570 was only $140 its huge, all aluminum, very well built. It doesn't have as many fan options or a motherboard tray that come out but i can live with that i suppose. I want to get a CPU Cooler before i start over clocking, any recommendations? I don't want anything to big, maybe something only slightly larger then the stock cooler. The refridgerator size coolers make me nervous when i install them.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, nForce4

2gb Corsair RAM

ATi Radeon x1600 256mb PCI-E

HDD 1: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 IDE 8mb Cache 120gb. System Disk. Partitioned.

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 8mb Cache 320gb. Storage.

HDD 3: Seagate Barracuda 7000.7 SATA 8mb Cache 320gb. Storage.

ViewSonic LCD screen 17"

NEC ND-2500A DVD-R

Logitech Ultra Flat keyboard

Genius Netscroll mouse

Soundcard from Creative.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Since I just wrote all this out in the PC pics thread, I figured I might as well throw it out here, too.

CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case

EVGA 680i mainboard (A1 revision)

Core2Duo 6400 @ 2.13ghz

Samsung 18X DVD-R drive (SATA)

Seasonic M12 600W PSU

2 ghz Patriot PC-6400 RAM

EVGA 8800 GTS 320 ("Superclocked" version)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB HD

Netgear WG311v3 Wireless adapter

LITE-ON SK-1788 keyboard

Logitech LX5 wireless USB mouse

Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers

Samsung Synchmaster 941BW 19" widescreen monitor (1440X900)

Vista Home Premium