POST YOUR SPECS

Bokishi

here are my rubbish specs... AMD FX-8350 (stock cooler), 10GB ram from different vendors (yeah, the green ones), cooler master super 600w, sapphire nitro RX 480 4GB and a biostar TA990FXE mobo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Put the 1080ti back in the main PC, since I got the 49" 32:9 Samsung CHG90 a couple months ago. It's only half of 4K but has HDR and 144hz. I notice pixel density took a hit (3840x1080) but the speed that things move without blur makes up for it. So I figure 4K for home theater and 144hz for desktop PC

i7 8700K (6-core) @ 5ghz 1.30v w/ Corsair H150i RGB (360mm AIO)
32GB DDR4 3000 Vengeance RGB
Gigabyte Aorus z370 G5
GTX 1080ti Seahawk
Samsung 1TB ssd
Zotac Sonix 500GB NVME
Sound Blaster X AE-5
750w psu
20x Corsair LNP light strips
6x Corsair LL120 fans
Corsair Commander light/fan controller
Corsair Crystal 570x case

• Like 2

Man, been a long time since I've been around these parts.

MSI H81M-P33

Intel Pentium G3258 (OC'd to 4.2Ghz)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws
DDR3-1600
Powercolor R9 270
Corsair 450VX PSU
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD
WD Black 320GB + 1TB HDD
Coolermaster CM 690
BenQ 24" G2400WD LCD
LG IPS231 23" LCD

Long enough that I missed updating this when I picked up a 4460, I think, to replace the Pentium. Was a pain when Windows 10 came out and killed my overclock, then games started not booting if I didn't have a quad core at least. Ah well, just popped in to say that I am no long Deraldin of the Damned System. I actually have something not pulled out of the bargain bin these days!

ASUS x470-I

AMD Ryzen 2600X

Noctua U9S

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000

EVGA 1070 TI SC

Corsair SF600 PSU

480GB ADATA PCI-E NVMe m.2 SSD

1TB Crucial MX500 Sata m.2 SSD

NCASE M1

ASUS VA32AQ 32" LCD

LG IPS231 23" LCD

It's only just been set up, so it's all running stock at the moment, so we'll have to see how far I can/want to push it. Right now it is dead silent at idle. GPU and PSU both run passive at idle so the only moving parts are the CPU fans and you can only hear them when you put your head right next to the case. Still need to do some troubleshooting though. The Crucial SSD isn't being registered for some reason and I need to get some thermal tape for the ramsinks before I put the aftermarket cooler on the GPU. Otherwise it's been pretty great so far. It's really nice not having to worry about whether or not you can maintain 20FPS without dropping everything to low when I'm now staying at 60 on high.

Edited by Deraldin
  • Like 1

Man, been a long time since I've been around these parts.

MSI H81M-P33

Intel Pentium G3258 (OC'd to 4.2Ghz)

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus

8GB G.Skill Ripjaws

DDR3-1600

Powercolor R9 270

Corsair 450VX PSU

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

WD Black 320GB + 1TB HDD

Coolermaster CM 690

BenQ 24" G2400WD LCD

LG IPS231 23" LCD

Long enough that I missed updating this when I picked up a 4460, I think, to replace the Pentium. Was a pain when Windows 10 came out and killed my overclock, then games started not booting if I didn't have a quad core at least. Ah well, just popped in to say that I am no long Deraldin of the Damned System. I actually have something not pulled out of the bargain bin these days!

ASUS x470-I

AMD Ryzen 2600X

Noctua U9S

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000

EVGA 1070 TI SC

Corsair SF600 PSU

480GB ADATA PCI-E NVMe m.2 SSD

1TB Crucial MX500 Sata m.2 SSD

NCASE M1

ASUS VA32AQ 32" LCD

LG IPS231 23" LCD

It's only just been set up, so it's all running stock at the moment, so we'll have to see how far I can/want to push it. Right now it is dead silent at idle. GPU and PSU both run passive at idle so the only moving parts are the CPU fans and you can only hear them when you put your head right next to the case. Still need to do some troubleshooting though. The Crucial SSD isn't being registered for some reason and I need to get some thermal tape for the ramsinks before I put the aftermarket cooler on the GPU. Otherwise it's been pretty great so far. It's really nice not having to worry about whether or not you can maintain 20FPS without dropping everything to low when I'm now staying at 60 on high.

Only one of the M.2 ports supports SATA mode so make sure you have the SSDs the right way around.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Only one of the M.2 ports supports SATA mode so make sure you have the SSDs the right way around.

Already cleared that. The front mounted port is the SATA compatible port and it worked with a different M.2 drive. Wish I had another SATA compatible port to check the non-functional drive with.

Edited by Deraldin

Already cleared that. The front mounted port is the SATA compatible port and it worked with a different M.2 drive. Wish I had another SATA compatible port to check the non-functional drive with.

Could try an adapter to convert the M.2 SATA drive into a conventional SATA drive. Should run about $10.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Could try an adapter to convert the M.2 SATA drive into a conventional SATA drive. Should run about $10.

Fixed it. The drive was fine. It didn't like the ASUS overclock. Resetting BIOS default caused the drive to show up. Not sure which specific setting that ASUS changed was the cause, but that's fine. It's all confirmed working now so I can play around with settings at my leisure without having to open the thing up again. For now at least.

• 4 months later...

Finally upgraded my graphics card from a Radeon Fury to a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+, I knew that it was powerhungry (But my room is very cold, so I'm fine with this :p ) but that it has 3x8 PCIe power connectors? Whoa.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The later V64 Nitro+ model only has two 8 pins, earlier ones and the LE has 3. The 3x8 Sapphires were very popular for water cooling and extreme overclocking, iirc.

Wish they had the V64 Nitro+ here, but for the last 6 months it was Strix only and now even that is sold out.

• Like 1

They've been selling here since the RTX release, or so I was told by the guys at the store. I guess they must've had this one in stock for a long time, and I'll consider myself happy - even though I don't think I will go for any extreme overclocking. I probably will watercool it though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 2 weeks later...

This might be my favourite thread on these boards. It's so cool to be able to follow people's builds since 2006 or so.

Anyhow, I recently built an ITX build. I noticed that I bought my last motherboard in 2008. It was time.

Case: Kolink Satellite Plus. It's a tiny cube with brushed aluminum plates all around. Very simple design, almost Danish in its simplicity. I like it a lot, was cheap too.

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS+ 750W Platinum. Smallest PSU I could find that was this powerful and fully modular. It's awesome. Completely silent until needed.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming. It's full of LED lights and features. There is a slightly more expensive version based on the X470, but I didn't need it (no OC).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X. So. Powerful. And the boxed cooler is actually good! Who knew?

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (2x16) 3600MHz/CL17. They shine like little Christmas trees..

GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 1080Ti Turbo. Yeah, I switched from AMD to Nvidia.. Don't like the drivers but love the performance. Only Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Ghost Recon: Wildlands has gotten it to buckle with everything on ultra at 1440p so far.

HD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB nvme M.2 SSD. 3500/2400 MB/s. It's so fast.. so fast.. Also a HGST 4TB 7200RPM mechanical drive for storage.

All of this is crammed into my little aluminum shoebox. It's awesome. Also, I found out that there's a program called AURA that came with the motherboard. It can control the LED lights on the actual motherboard itself, plus the cooler that came with the CPU also has support for AURA.. and the memory sticks also have support for AURA! How cool is that? There's a literal firework of colours and lights going off inside my tiny case at all times! Looks kinda gay though..

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've got those LED's on my motherboard aswell, but the leds has died and I can't get AURA to do anything with it. I probably should've taken the opportunity to have it RMAd when I changed the graphics card, but I really don't care about those flashing lights.

• 3 months later...

...buildin'a new rig, 'ere's the specs so far:

Core i7 9700K

ASUS Prime Z390-A

2x16 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC ULTRA

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 80 Plus Gold 850W

SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 500 GB

CORSAIR Hydro Series, H115i RGB PLATINUM, 280mm Radiator

2 x WD Black 4TB

Corsair LL Series, LL140 RGB, 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan, 2 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO

Corsair RGB LED Lighting Pro

Corsair ML140 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Case Fans (2-Pack

Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout

...that'll git me started, anyways...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Looking at all those fancy GPU's... I need to upgrade my Ti 1050 (4Gb)  some day. I could use more Cuda cores for rendering, but I worry that the trade off is going to be a noisy cooling. My current build (somewhere in this thread) is effectively noiseless.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Looking at all those fancy GPU's... I need to upgrade my Ti 1050 (4Gb)  some day. I could use more Cuda cores for rendering, but I worry that the trade off is going to be a noisy cooling. My current build (somewhere in this thread) is effectively noiseless.

...why I's moved ta Fractal Design chassis...Define R6 has sound dampenin' material e'erywheres...cool & whisper quiet... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

My new rig is basically utterly silent, even when running games. I do have the evga fan software on "silent" fan profile mode, and it's still never topped 55C or so (that's with 3 gpu fans, not sure how much difference that really makes if any...). Only time I've heard the CPU fan ramp up is when video rendering since that still hogs "100%" cpu and makes the temp go up to 70C despite the liquid cooler on top of it.

The old rig is a bit noisier (I have to turn it off to be able to "hear" how quiet the new rig is) but I think 70% of that is from the 10 year old case fans, which I should really replace but am too lazy to do so.

Also, this thread is always a blast from the past, in terms of years/tech and some of the various folk who've posted in it during all those years. :D

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 6 months later...

The newest version of the desktop:

• CPU
    Delidded 8700k at 5.0Ghz and 1.20v - AVX Stable
    Aftermarket Rockit IHS

• Motherboard
    ASRock Z370 Taichi

• RAM
    64Gb 3200 DDR4 at CL15

• GPU
    EVGA 2080Ti KingPin

• Case
    Customized H440

• Storage
    240Gb SSD - Boot Drive
    480Gb SSD - Games/Storage
    500Gb SSD - Games/Storage
    512Gb SSD - Games/Storage
    512GB SSD - Games/Storage
    8Tb HHD/64Gb Optane - Storage

• PSU
    EVGA 1000w P2

• Display
    Alienware AW3418DW - 3440x1440p 120Hz GSync

• Cooling
    Custom Watercooling Loop

• Keyboard
    Logitech G Pro

• Mouse
    G903 with Powerplay

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

On 4/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, Gorth said:

Have you considered a custom loop? If you go with soft tubing and quick disconnects they're actually not that bad to work on and drain (although you shouldn't have to do that more than once a year to once every two years).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

On 7/11/2018 at 12:35 AM, Bokishi said:

Put the 1080ti back in the main PC...

No 2080Ti? I honestly feel a bit weird having one when the Hutt-lord of the forums might not. :ermm:

-Hurlshot

Bought a 1TB Samsung 970 Evo a month ago, still haven't gotten it into the computer though, maybe this weekend 😛

On 6/25/2015 at 11:50 AM, Pidesco said:

ASUS P8H77-V LE
INTEL Core i5 3450 3.10GHz
GEIL 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
ASUS Geforce GTX 980 Ti
ASUS Xonar D2X
Canton Movie 60CX Speakers
Crucial MX100 512GB
Seagate 1Tb 7200 RPM S-ATA2 32Mb
Dell U3415W
Gamepad XFX XGear Dual Reflex
Cyborg V.5 Rumble Pad

I managed to trade in the GTX 970 for a 980 Ti, which allows for competent performance (40/50 FPS)  in Witcher 3 at 3440x1440 with all bells and whistles turned on. It is glorious.

I haven't upgraded my computer in 4 years! Still, I did some changes after my last house move, last year:

ASUS P8H77-V LE
INTEL Core i5 3450 3.10GHz
GEIL 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
ASUS Geforce GTX 980 Ti
Crucial MX100 512GB
Seagate 1Tb 7200 RPM S-ATA2 32Mb
Dell U3415W
2 Dualshock 4 gamepads

I should probably buy new speakers, though, and install my sound card again.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/18/2019 at 2:19 AM, Deadly_Nightshade said:

No 2080Ti? I honestly feel a bit weird having one when the Hutt-lord of the forums might not. :ermm:

No I got a Zotac 2080ti last year, I haven't updated my specs in this thread lately. Right now digging ray tracing in Control and the new Call of Duty

• Like 1