Bokishi

Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz (6MB Cache)

8 GB SDRAM

1 TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Windows 8, 4-hour battery life

It doesn't have more than 5 minutes of battery life now

Edited by BrotherFerg

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

• 2 weeks later...

CPU: 3.7ghz i7

GPU: GTX Titan X // screen: 55in 4k UHD TV (i run it @ 3840 X 2160)

RAM: 32gb DDR3

HD: 2.4tb ssd

i do so love my rig (i've had it for around 3 years)

---edit

so how do you guys think my system will stack up to PoE2?  

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

• 4 months later...

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:
Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)
15.6 inch screen easy to carry into airplane even if you move to another country.
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
That is Kaby Lake newest of Intel consumer market CPUS.
This particular Kaby Lake is 4 cores and 3,5GHz in TURBO MODE.

Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 4 GB DDR5

Source:
http://www.pcworld.c...ns.html?page=10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
www.pcworld.com
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.

"
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
Bottom line

Nvidia truly knocked it out of the park with the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti. Not only are these graphics cards a worthy successor (and worthwhile upgrade) for the legendary GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia’s cards are notably cooler, notably more power-efficient, and notably more powerful than AMD’s Radeon RX 460. "

Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM

1 TB HDD
What no SSD? Does not affect gaming, but Windows boots/starts slower.

Operating system: Windows 10. I do have separately a 24 inch gaming monitor with 1 ms response time and Flicker-free , TUV Low Blue Light technology. Please note that I live in Finland Europe.  Therefore any price questions are a bit flawed since I bought it with euro currency and most of you live in America and use dollars.

Edited by Terminator

CPU: 3.7ghz i7

GPU: GTX Titan X // screen: 55in 4k UHD TV (i run it @ 3840 X 2160)

RAM: 32gb DDR3

HD: 2.4tb ssd

i do so love my rig (i've had it for around 3 years)

---edit

so how do you guys think my system will stack up to PoE2?  

I found this ok so you have Nvidia 900 series top end ELITE graphic card:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_900_series

It will run great certainly at FULL HD absolutely no problems with max settings. Please keep in mind that POE1 is more demanding then say

Battlefield 3, 4 and newest. However PoE2 is not a First person shooter and does not constantly need 60+ frames.

I don't know what is the situation regarding if that game POE2 has both 4k resolution and virtual reality support? If it does in those EXTREME

settings I don't know what performance it will have but remember it is not a first person shooter where you need constantly super frames.

You have a super computer and you don't need to upgrade. Since you have 32 GB RAM you can also have music playing that are other then the game

if you get bored on the game music and have lots of browser windows open while playing without worrying about RAM usage.

Edited by Terminator

• 1 month later...

How are your temperatures? According to the reviews I've seen for that Notebook you might end up thermal throttling and should look into undervolting the CPU and/or repasting the system.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 6 months later...

Oh, haven't updated my system in this all important topic?

Mobo: AsRock Taichi x399

CPU: Ryzen TR 1950X

GPU: Still my old Sapphire Fury

RAM: 64 GB DDR4 3200

HD: 1TB Samsung 960 Evo NVME + some older SSDs (Samsung 830, 840)

Edited by samm
  • Like 1

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 4 weeks later...

How are your temperatures? According to the reviews I've seen for that Notebook you might end up thermal throttling and should look into undervolting the CPU and/or repasting the system.

Well my temperatures are ok. I don't check them but not to much heat and game runs fine. The fan is a bit noisy, but I use headphones and listen to the game world etc.

Here is the thing though. Nvidia 1060, 1070 and 1080 are all better then my Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 graphic card in performance.

However in less temperature and less power consumption my Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB DDR 5 slaughters CLEARLY even Nvidia 1060.

Short answer I think there would be more possible problems with same cooling system if I would have a faster and more warm graphiccard.

What settings do I run POE1 with?

I have installed sweetfx third party software that gives more colors and extra shader effects to POE1, but increases system requirements. Despite that I run FULL HD, all settings maxed POE1.

Yes I don't get 60+ FPS in every part of the game example Defiance Bay is a bit more demanding but this is not a first person shooter.

I am ok with the performance though in theory it could be even better perfomance. All maxed and with extra sweet fx third party effects and FULL HD I ran POE1.

Edited by Terminator

What do you consider "ok" temperatures?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What do you consider "ok" temperatures?

An ex laptop of mine not using that anymore my current is much cooler became so warm that you dont want to hold your hand on certain point even 10 seconds. Well not so warm that you get any burn damage. I would say that laptop did run to warm for my taste I even felt the whole room becoming warmer from that laptop a freaking heat source for the room.

This laptop goes cool it does not generate much heat. I have never felt anything even close so warm from it as my ex laptop. Cooling system is not perfect though the fan becomes noisy if I play Pillars of Eternity the city Defiance Bay all maxed settings+ third party sweetfx installed that gives extra shader and color effects to the game but does increase system requirements. I run with FULL HD resolution so not using 4K resolution.

Same thing if I run something that is more demanding FPS example Battlefield 3, 4 etc.

No it is not perfect this laptop can not run all games fine. However in COOLNESS and less power consumption Nvidia 1050 Ti 4 GB DDR5 is crystal clear better then Nvidia 900 series, Nvidia 1060, 1070 and 1080.

Yes Nvidia 1060 6GB DDR5 is better performance, but runs much warmer.

I dont stress with testing temperatures unless I have so serious that laptop crashes due to temperatures etc.

Well as a default you need better cooling systems then what I am using if you use Nvidia 1060, 1070 or 1080. I never bought any extra cooling I use the factory default cooling on this laptop.

Edited by Terminator

• 1 month later...

Finally built my first gaming pc a year ago ,

- GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB Gaming X.

- HDD: Toshiba X300 4 TB, 7200 RPM.

- Mother Board: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.

- CPU: i5 6600K (overclocked to 4.3ghz).

- Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60, 2018.

- Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24 Inch 144Hz.

- Power: Corsair RMx 750 Watt, 80+ Gold.

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 16GB DDR4

3000MHz (2 x 8GB). Twin Black Memory Kit.

- DVD Drive: Choose not to even using one.

- PC Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black color).

- Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45-5000 (Raptor M45).

- Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown Switch.

- Fans: Four Corsair AF120 120mm led Red Fans. (Two

on the inside of case's roof and last two are in the front.)

Before this new custom built I was using a Alienware x51 R2 (I think this was from 2013). As of now the x51 R2 has been retired, since the video card it

came with was starting to slowly die and I could not upgrade this to a better video card, mainly cause of the 330 watt power supply that Alienware (Dell)

liked to use. [specs that my retired Alienware x51 R2 came with are : Windows 7 32 bit, stock i7 4790 (3.6 GHz), 2TB HDD, 12GB DDR3 Ram and a GTX

960 2GB Video Card. The DVD drive that it come with, had been removed for better air flow.]

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

It’s been awhile. This time it’s a double feature:

PC 1: Living Room Gaming/VR Rig

a4a35fb2-6090-452a-ba5slo.jpeg

i7 7700K @ 4.6ghz w/ Corsair H60
32GB DDR4 3200
MSI z270 mini itx
MSI GTX 1080ti Seahawk X liquid-cooled
Zotac 1TB ssd
HGST 4TB hdd
600w psu
Corsair Bulldog mini itx case

PC 2: Image Editing/Encoding/RGB Light Show Rig

i7 8700K (6-core) @ 5ghz 1.30v w/ Corsair H150i RGB (360mm AIO)
32GB DDR4 3000 Vengeance RGB
Gigabyte Aorus z370 G5
GTX 980ti EVGA liquid cooled
Samsung 1TB ssd
Zotac Sonix 500GB NVME
Intel 500GB NVME
Sound Blaster X AE-5
750w psu
8x Corsair LNP light strips
6x Corsair LL120 fans
Corsair Commander light/fan controller
Corsair Crystal 570x case Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 1

i5 2400

16GB DDR3 Ram

480GB SSD Crucial BX300

Radeon R9 Nano

LG 27UD58 27" 4k screen (with Freesync) 

If RAM prices were not as ridiculous as they are right now, I'd have upgraded to a Ryzen system by now.

Deadfire already looks so much nicer than PoE, all the backgrounds seem to be in higher resolution and look glorious on an UHD screen. :)

Edited by M4xw0lf

• 2 weeks later...

I've not posted my updated rigs yet so I should remedy that!

The desktop:

• CPU
    Delidded 8700k at 5.3Ghz and 1.36v with a -2AVX offset
    Aftermarket Rockit IHS

• Motherboard
    ASRock Z370 Taichi

• RAM
    32Gb 3200 DDR4

• GPU
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid

• Case
    Customized H440

• Storage
    240Gb SSD - Boot Drive
    480Gb SSD - Games
    500Gb SSD - Games
    8Tb HHD - Storage

• PSU
    EVGA 1000w P2

• Display
    Asus PG348Q - 3440x1440p 100Hz GSync

• Cooling
    H110i GT with ML Pro fans

• Keyboard
    Logitech G Pro

• Mouse
    G903 with Powerplay

The 'laptop':

• Base System
    Alienware 13 R3

• CPU
    6700HQ

• RAM
    16Gb 2400 DDR4

• eGPU
    Alienware Graphics Amplifier
    - EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid
    - Corsair SF600

• Storage
    512Gb NVME - Boot Drive
    500Gb SSD - Games

• Display
    Alienware AW2518H - 1920x1080 240Hz GSync

• Keyboard
    Logitech G810 Spectrum

• Mouse
    G602

At some point I'll need to upgrade the laptop's external screen to something higher resolution to offset the weaker CPU but, for the time being, the 1080p screen is working well enough and I got it for free as part of a deal when I sold off some of my old 4790k hardware. I'm also looking forward to upgrading to the new 200Hz 1440p Ultrawide screens when they finally launch, provided they aren't too expensive, and might also spring for the next line of GPU unless they don't provide any significant performance gains.

• Like 3

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 4 weeks later...

New desktop build...

Casing
Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q Inverse ATX Full Tower Case

PSU
Dark Power Pro 11 1000W Power Supply

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard

CPU/CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7 8700K Six Core LGA 1151 3.7 GHz
Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM (x2 for 64GB total)
Corsair 32GB (2 x 16GB) CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX

HDD (boot)
Intel 760p Series M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB

HDD (other) (x2 for 12TB total)
Western Digital Black WD6002FZWX 6TB

Optical Drive (does dvd, blu-ray and m-disc writing)
LG BH16NS55

GFX
On-board Intel

Running Windows 10 Pro and I also bought an Office 2016 Home and Business edition (yeah, I like Outlook, shoot me)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

New desktop build...

Casing

Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q Inverse ATX Full Tower Case

PSU

Dark Power Pro 11 1000W Power Supply

Motherboard

Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard

:w00t: 

CPU/CPU Cooler

Intel Core i7 8700K Six Core LGA 1151 3.7 GHz

Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM (x2 for 64GB total)

Corsair 32GB (2 x 16GB) CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX

HDD (boot)

Intel 760p Series M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB

HDD (other) (x2 for 12TB total)

Western Digital Black WD6002FZWX 6TB

Optical Drive (does dvd, blu-ray and m-disc writing)

LG BH16NS55

:wowey: 

GFX

On-board Intel

:mellow:

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I need to research the gfx card market a bit, but I wanted to boot the thing up and get running already ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

lol @ the 1000W power supply and then not even using a GPU. your build is probably using like a total of 150-175W at peak right now, :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

They've fallen off a lot in the past month or so. They're pretty close to what they were before the mining craze took off - which means they're still overpriced because of time passed, but not as much of a tums festival as they were a few months ago.

Yeah, the "better" ones seems to be around USD $1100 here at the moment. It might be possible to find it cheaper overseas (with the risk that comes with that)

Edit: By comparison the price for the rest of the build (including OS and Office) was USD $2500 in todays exchange rates (got the ram cheap from Newegg)

The onboard Intel "Gfx" were just too awful. Bought the cheapest card I could find that would work as a stop gap solution. Got myself a 4GB Asus GTX 1050 Ti.

I was positively surprised actually, only game that struggles so far is The Witcher III, but I could tone down the settings a bit. Everything else it runs almost as well as my old laptop (Gtx 880m card with 8GB)

Even better, the single fan makes no audible noise, the whole thing being drowned out by the rather noisy WD Black HDD's ;)

When not seeking on the disks, I have to really struggle to hear the PC at all, even when under load.