Anakin in Return of the Jedi

I was watching the last installment of Star Wars, The Return of the Jedi, and at the end where there is all the celebration and Luke sees Obi-Wan, Yoda and his father (who was originally James Earl Jones - the actor who played Darth Vader) was now replaced by Hayden Christiansen, the actor of Anakin, in episodes 2 and 3. It was the DVD version, the latest and they had Anakin in his episode 3 form.

Just something which was new to me, I did - as my rowing coach would say a "double take" when you look once, and then you quickly look again amazed.

I have noticed that too. Must of been a modification they made for the DVD version... but anyway, besides making that peculiar modification... Anakin shouldn't be that young (like in Ep3) in Ep6... he should be around 40 years old...

Because replacing Alec G. with Ewan's mug would be sacrilege and Lucas knows that there may be many idiotic things he can to do to his previous films and be 'forgiven', but that isn't one of them. :o

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Then how come Obi-Wan looks old n not like in Ep3, huh?

:o

Because Obi-Wan died in episode 4, so he is one with the force as when he died, thats why he looks like an old man. Yoda looks as he did when he died through the middle of episode 6, Anakin looks as he does in episode 3 because at that point he was still on the lightside, he doesnt look as he did when he died because the majority of him was dark still

I have also noticed that Naboo in the ending celebration scene was much improved, it had such things as the city shown, and Gungans.

During that celebration scene, lots of things where shown and emphasised on each planet, such as the Senate chamber on Coruscant.

Hum.... freaky... dead, alive, half-dead... make up your mind... why should Ani be different... he didn't die by turning to the DS so he should be figured as he died on the Death Star... not like Ep3

What I am saying is, when they die and become one with the force their form is whatever they last where but depending on their allignment which has to be lightside. Darth Vader when he died wasnt fully converted to the lightside when he died, still being one of the darkside from the years of corruption and spending a large percentage of his life over on the darkside. So the last time when he was part of the Lightside was the time period of episode 3.

Because replacing Alec G. with Ewan's mug would be sacrilege and Lucas knows that there may be many idiotic things he can to do to his previous films and be 'forgiven', but that isn't one of them.  :)

Damn straight on that. He shouldn't have altered Anakins image either. Lame.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yeah they shoulda kept Hayden out of Ep. 6

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

True, I was surprised, but not for the better and not a good surprise either lol. More like "*rubs eyes, looks again* :) What the hell is he doing there..."

Edited by Revan_Returns

Revan_Returns,

:blink: Thats not true about Dark_Raven.But I was starting to think it was my doing. :(

:) On topic.

I was watching the last Ep on TV about a year ago and the ending was altered on that aswell,and I am pretty sure in the original the Zarlac wasn't a triffid <_< .

There a was a rumor that his highness is going to stop printing the old versions.Rumors are rumors but with him..... GL is a jerk,you could argue that the fans own starwars. Since the French revolution art has been for the people,or so they said.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

The actor who played Anakin in the original ROTJ was actually Sebastian Shaw. David Prowse would usually wear the armor while James Earl Jones would be doing voice over. And Anakin died an old man on the lightside, and thus, should be an old man in spectral form...

The actor who played Anakin in the original ROTJ was actually Sebastian Shaw. David Prowse would usually wear the armor while James Earl Jones would be doing voice over. And Anakin died an old man on the lightside, and thus, should be an old man in spectral form...

Right!

Luckily Lucasfilm is releasing an original, unedited trilogy on DVD, so it's all good.

What?? When? When? When? When? Gimmie! :D

I have this scratchy videotape of the unaltered Star Wars & Return of the Jedi and haven't bought any of the new & improved (improvement questionable...) versions.

When he first started improving them and re-released them in the theater for the first time a while back, we went to go see it. It was horrible. The 'improved' sound was horrible and made my ears bleed. The new CGI mixing was horrible. It didn't improve the movie. I can understand Lucas wanting to mess with his 'baby' all the time, being an obsessive tweaker myself, but was really PO'd that you couldn't get the originals anymore. So, yay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't really like that change, either, I but I can see where it's coming from.

Anakin's body at the end of Episode VI is crippled, though his "ghost-form" is not. By making him young again you circumvent that problem, because he was completely healthy at that age.

One might question though, whether his ghost-form has anything to do with his body and if Anakin would appear in front of Luke in a look Luke has never seen.

As for the fans owning a part of SW just because they bought something, heck no!

If you paid for a ticket to watch the movie, bought a DVD, a book, a game, etc. you got what you paid for. You have absolutely no rights whatsoever on any kind of art an artist wants to release. No one is forcing you to buy the new product an artist releases, nor do you have to buy any form of special edition or director's cut which is made available.

An artist has the right to release all kinds of art on every medium he desires, and no one but the artist has the right to say what he should and what he shouldn't do.

Edited by Dark Wastl

It may have been OK if they aged Hayden and made him look a bit older

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Because replacing Alec G. with Ewan's mug would be sacrilege and Lucas knows that there may be many idiotic things he can to do to his previous films and be 'forgiven', but that isn't one of them.  :x

I dunno. Adding that whiny crybaby Heyden in place of the guy who played Anakin when Luke removed the mask is sacrilegious enough to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)