What is the temperature where you live?

Hurlshort

It's 112 degrees in Gilroy, CA right now, and my air conditioner is broken. It's not totally broken, it will tease me with cold air for a few minutes before shutting off. It actually seems to work fine when the weather is in the 80's, but once it hits 100 degrees, it decides it is working too hard and shuts down.

Anyways, my house is 92 degrees. The worst part is last night never cooled off. It was 110 degrees yesterday and there was little drop off in the evening.

http://weather.garlic.com/

So...I'm going a bit nutty in the heat, but what's the weather like where y'all are?

Yeah, that whole central area gets hotter than hell. I drove near Gilroy on the way to Napa Valley, and it was hot. Hell, Napa, which is generally pretty cool, had a day over 100 while we were vacationing. We spent one day in Sacramento, and that was hot, much as I expected. Here in Sunny Southern California, we're in our usual three digit temperatures during the day. I keep my house at around 73 degrees, so it's not so bad. It can be quite hot outside and I wouldn't know the difference.

However, I'm heading to Las Vegas in two weeks and it's going to be a scorcher. I'll be seeing 120+ degree wether in the desert. ...And it's not like home where I can plan my outings to more or less avoid the worst heat of the day.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

yesterday sac was clocking in at around 110.

it's been like that all week.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

107F at 6pm just above Morgan Hill, California - pretty much the same as Gilroy.

Our power's been out for 24 hours, it just came back on. Crikey.

Edit: the amazing thing is how hot it is up in San Fran. where it's usually pretty moderate.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's one degree hotter here than where Alan lives.

However, my condo features no air conditioning, plus some thirty year old windows that like to keep the heat in. It's a sauna. When I hop out of the shower in the morning it's already 82 in my condo, and that's before the sun comes up. :(

It's a good thing I'm housesitting for a friend right now and can sleep in his nice, cool basement.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, that's what our house is like too. It's 101 inside my computer room right now. Last night I managed to get it down to 85F by 7am by opening the garage and all windows/doors - fruitless of course, but otherwise I wouldn't have slept at all. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well the Weather Network has been teasing us by saying there's a chance of a thundershower every night, but mother nature has failed to deliver on that count.

One plus side to the heat is all the scantily clad women coming in to work. Hot girls wearing very little+ a cold department = KQD has busy eyes. :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

it got down to 40 last night where i was... of course, i was in breckenridge, CO, camping on dillon resevoir after spending all day at the beer festival held at main street station (in breck). :ermm::wub: :wub:

mark

comrade taks... just because.

We were in Arizona on vacation and being from Louisiana, it was nearly the best weather Ive ever experienced. Then some lady was complaining to us about how hot it was. I was like " yeah you should come down to Louisiana THEN you can complain about being hot!"

As with some other states, its not the temperature that kills us (though its almost always in the 90's in the summer) but the HUMIDITY down here is always around 60-70 percent! So yeah it feels like a freakin rainforest down here. <_<

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

humidity's definitely worse than heat, and the two combined would kill me.

I've been in AZ and while it was really hot, it's dry, and didn't bother me so much. up here it's humidity's only around 20-30% i think, and that's still too much for me. I need to move to Alaska. :D

humidity's definitely worse than heat, and the two combined would kill me.

I've been in AZ and while it was really hot, it's dry, and didn't bother me so much. up here it's humidity's only around 20-30% i think, and that's still too much for me. I need to move to Alaska. :D

Ive never even seen snow up close :"> . Well we did have an ice storm one time, but no snow came with it.........sadly. :(

According to this bad boy the humidity is going to be up in the sixties tomorrow morning when I'm getting off of work. I can't really say it gets very humid up here, and aside from a trip to Penticton about a decade ago I can't say I've been anywhere really hot and humid before. What's it like?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Heat up a lot of rocks in a tiny room and pour water all over them for a few hours, repeatedly, then sit in that room.

According to this bad boy the humidity is going to be up in the sixties tomorrow morning when I'm getting off of work.  I can't really say it gets very humid up here, and aside from a trip to Penticton about a decade ago I can't say I've been anywhere really hot and humid before.  What's it like?

You sweat like youve probably never sweated before.....um there's very little or no breeze......everyone's in a bad mood for one reason or another.......and you just want to dump a bucket of ice down your shirt............if you are stuck were you are and cant leave then you want to shoot yourself rather than suffer the amount of sweat that's sticking you to your clothes.................and you dont waste time fixin your hair cause its gonna git all sweaty and wet anyway.............and your constantly cutting grass out in the heat..............well that's really all that I can think of :(