ATi X1950XTX has new cooler!

angshuman

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3446

(w00t) Is that SEXY or what?!! *drool*... The GPU core is essentially the same as the X1900XTX (R580). Core clock speeds will also remain the same. The only difference is the GDDR4 support, but this in itself is supposed to yield some nice performance benefits. GDDR4 has lower latency than GDDR3 and consumes much less power, enabling it to be clocked higher. With the DX10 R600 around the corner though, ATi probably won't sell many of these.

You obviously haven't read the Nvidia forums after the release of the Forceware 91.31 drivers.. SLI balloons popping up everytime you turn on your computer (It's like an advertisement for a product I already paid $300 for!), screen ratio getting screwed when showing movies because of a bug, the icon in the system tray is unremovable and so on and so forth. The drivers just plain suck.

I guess it's bad luck that all these problems started appearing just as I switched from ATI to Nvidia, but I am going ATI for my next GPU. I prefer the picture quality from ATI anyhow.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You obviously haven't read the Nvidia forums after the release of the Forceware 91.31 drivers.. SLI balloons popping up everytime you turn on your computer (It's like an advertisement for a product I already paid $300 for!), screen ratio getting screwed when showing movies because of a bug, the icon in the system tray is unremovable and so on and so forth. The drivers just plain suck.

Yeah, the 90-series drivers are horrifying. Of late, it also does seem that nVidia have been pushing IQ to the side in order to get those extra few FPS. Let's hope they learn from Intel's mistakes and realize that aggressive marketing and hype can only get you so far. In the end the better product wins.

Haha I wouldn't install those drivers on someone, even for a prank. Get the 91.33 betas, all BSOD and SLI popup problems are solved.