Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Misery - Good movie; but I noticed something. Kathy Bates' acting here was overrated. She's way over the top. She has good moments; but meh. Caan should have been the award winner in this movie along with the old sherrif fellow. They did a marvelous job. The sherrif's wive was rather good to with minimal screen time.

Once again the world is in balance, with Volo on one side of the taste vinculum, and the world on the other.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Misery - Good movie; but I noticed something. Kathy Bates' acting here was overrated. She's way over the top. She has good moments; but meh. Caan should have been the award winner in this movie along with the old sherrif fellow. They did a marvelous job. The sherrif's wive was rather good to with minimal screen time.

The book was far better.

Halloween 3 :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

1st season, disc 1 of Deadwood. It's the first time I've ever seen the show. I like the lead guy and I like the Western 'style' it uses; not sure I like the show, yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1st season, disc 1 of Deadwood. It's the first time I've ever seen the show. I like the lead guy and I like the Western 'style' it uses; not sure I like the show, yet.

I really liked Deadwood until the third season.

#3 just drags on and on and on and nothing really happens. The last 3-4 episodes you'd think something is building up for a major season finale but as it turns out it's a big dud. Also, the cursing in season 3 is just way out there now. Way too much of it, especially from Swearengen(swear engine...).

I also think it's one of those shows that is much more enjoyable if you watch them one after the other in one or two sittings.

Silent Hill

Without going too much into the freedoms it took in game canon, that stuff matters only to people who consider themselves fans, it's just a great game adaptation. As a horror movie however, it fell flat. I wasn't really disgusted, horrified or tense in any of the acts. More like a gory adventure movie, which in itself isn't bad.

I liked the movie pretty well, but its not really a horror/scary film I agree.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Jackass 2

These kinds of shows are always strange mixture of:  :thumbsup:  <_<  :D  :thumbsup:

i was at a bar with the dudesons a while ago, stupid show-offs. they kept doing these "funny" tricks like smashing their glasses on the wall or wrestling on the floor so that everyone spilled their drinks. they did buy me a beer and a shot after i spilled some of my beer on my shirt though.

Did the one Dudeson get naked? I'm just asking because I've watched two episodes of the American version of their show, and in both of them it seems the one brother is sans pants more often than not.

I haven't watched any movies lately, but I did pick up Team America: World Police for $10 the other day.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Superman 4: Quest for Peace - Much, much, much worse than I remember. I remember enjoying this when I first watched it. Now, I just shudder in sadness of the joke this movie is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I really liked Deadwood until the third season.

#3 just drags on and on and on and nothing really happens. The last 3-4 episodes you'd think something is building up for a major season finale but as it turns out it's a big dud.

That's good to know/keep in mind, thanks.

Also, the cursing in season 3 is just way out there now. Way too much of it, especially from Swearengen(swear engine...).

First thing I noticed was the amount of cussin'. I swear a lot myself, in speech, but the show seems a bit excessive. It's repetitive and distracting because it feels like forced shock-value that doesn't work.

I also think it's one of those shows that is much more enjoyable if you watch them one after the other in one or two sittings.

Yeah...that's why we wait and buy most series on DVD (or rent them) instead of watching them every week. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Superman 4: Quest for Peace - Much, much, much worse than I remember. I remember enjoying this when I first watched it. Now, I just shudder in sadness of the joke this movie is.

I felt the same way about Superman 3. I remember loving it when I was a kid but watched it again last christmas holiday and it sucked so bad. :)

I felt the same way about Superman 3. I remember loving it when I was a kid but watched it again last christmas holiday and it sucked so bad. :p

Don't hit me folks, but I think exactly the same way about Star Wars now. :(

I haven't watched any movies lately, but I did pick up Team America: World Police for $10 the other day.

**** Yeah!!

They had a six episode marathon of the Dudesons on the other day. Regrettably I watched it all. I keep expecting Kirottu to show up, drunk as hell.

I think the last movie I watched was Stripes with Bill Murray.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I felt the same way about Superman 3. I remember loving it when I was a kid but watched it again last christmas holiday and it sucked so bad. :p

Don't hit me folks, but I think exactly the same way about Star Wars now. :(

I won't hit you(only because you're out of reach) but I feel the complete opposite. Whenever I watch Star Wars OT I love it even more then I did in the 70s & 80s.

The Proposition.

A weird and moody drama in a Western setting, full of gorgeous desert imagery, manly yet tortured gazes of moral dilemma, and indecipherable mumbling accents.

The Proposition.

A weird and moody drama in a Western setting, full of gorgeous desert imagery, manly yet tortured gazes of moral dilemma, and indecipherable mumbling accents.

That's what the subtitle option is for. Just be glad they weren't Scots!!

And I was a bit suprised when

the head of that aboriginal guy was blown off after the middle brother was speared

. That was the most realistic piece of CGI I've ever seen.

And I totally agree with you about the imagery in this film, LC.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I saw Clerks 2 today. Good, mindless fun.

And Oerwinde has a part in it. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: