Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

^Supremacy was very good, but I agree that Identity had a better pace.

I watched Francois Truffaut's Fahrenheit 451 yesterday and it was great. Truffaut has terrific talent and raw skill and that's why I wasn't nearly as conscious of the freedoms the movie took from 451 story. I sort of missed the hound though.

Edit: Truffaut, with t, not d. Thanks Baley.*

*If I want you to nitpick, I'll ask you.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Benchwarmers - Better than it ought to be. Some of the characters were simply beyond irrating; but a lovely dovely sports film.

She's All That - Some of the acting was over the top; but I overall enjoyed it. Amanady Bynes makes a beautiful young woman, and a very scary man. Too bad she's too young for me, and I'm a pig for even looking at her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yojimbo, by Akira Kurosawa.

Ooh, aah, woah! Awesome is a word too thin and hollow to properly laud this masterpiece. It's like a samurai wedstern, excpet that the characters don't look constantly constipated like in the trademark western movies.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

He doesn't need to. I live in a student commune, ffs. :thumbsup: Just change whiskey to cheap beer and bacon with tuna.

It's Kurosawa night today too. This time it's "Seven Samurai".

kirottu said:

V For Vendetta - Overrated. The main character is a retard. Pathetic. If it wans't for Natalie Portman doing an awesome acting job, I'd have thrown this in the trash. Some of the other actors did a greta job too. V was a bit more toelrable as the movie went on (still bad though); but at the start he was so annoying I nearly shut the movie off in disgust.

Do you just find out what's the general opinion on a movie and then decide to go against it?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

V For Vendetta - Overrated. The main character is a retard. Pathetic. If it wans't for Natalie Portman doing an awesome acting job, I'd have thrown this in the trash. Some of the other actors did a greta job too. V was a bit more toelrable as the movie went on (still bad though); but at the start he was so annoying I nearly shut the movie off in disgust.

Say what? For me it was the opposite - Weaving did a good job while Portman's acting left a lot to be desired. Not to mention in the film she looked like she was going anorexic. I think my main gripe with the film was that it was just too painfully political; lot's of anti-theism and stabs at current political regimes. That aside though, I enjoyed it overall. I also found it to be very 1984-like. And to state the obvious, it's coincidence that the corrupt leader had hair similar to that of Adolph Hitler.

A fan-freaking-tastic movie, in every sense of the word.

I remember watching it in Grade 12, and I missed a day.  So I ended up renting it and watching it at home anyways.

Both Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes give phenomenal performances!

Apparently Fiennes said that the writer (either Thomas Keneally (book) or Steven Zaillian (screenplay)), was in danger of making Goeth's character the protagonist, as his tribulations were so interesting.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Saw Hollywoodland. By splitting the story between George Reeves and the fictional detective they don't really do justice to either story.

They also really gloss over the real Reeves, IMO, and don't do a good job of portraying all of the potential angles (they skip over one of the most popular theories, that it was an accidental shooting caused by a drunken Reeves playing with his gun) plus they hammer the (untrue) angle that he was typecast, out of work and despondant.

Overall a dissapointment.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Do you just find out what's the general opinion on a movie and then decide to go against it?"

No. I believe it's just that I'm not a conformist. I like lots of movies that the 'majority' likes. V is NOT one of them for the reasons above.

Perhaps, the problem is that you are too worried abouyt what others think and cna't make your own mind in what you like or dislike.

I like what I like whether other people like it or not.

Darth Moth: :thumbsup:

P.S. Just because I dislike a movie you personally love does not mean I personally attacked you, bub. :o Shocking, I know!

P.S.S. And, it's not like I said the movie was completely horrible. I even wrote some things I liked about it. ;)

P.S.S. I didn't say I disliked it either. I said it was OVERRATED. HUGE difference.

Edited by Volourn

I liked Roger and Me.

I did too.

Micheal Moore still makes a mockery of his craft. :)" at least now he does. Roger & Me was certainly his best.

I guess it's not really a "movie", per se, but I'm preparing to watch seasons 3-5 of the Shield. Not all tonight, of course, but in due time. Great show, can't wait for the next season.

Edited by Pop

Galaxy Quest.  LOL.

We have to get out of here before they kill Guy!!

I love Galaxy Quest... it's so incredibly funny and awesome :D

I even cry when Quellek dies :)

"What you need to do is find a rudimentary lathe"

I, Robot just finished playing. It's one of the few Will Smith (ok maybe the only) movies I can stand.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.