Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Laozi will totally get a kick out of this.  SNakes On A Plane.  Heh.

Sankesontrain.jpg

Trailer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_Train

Move with the times, boys. The Future is awaiting.

Wow, that is really, really bad.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Brokeback Mountain. The 1st 20 minutes or so put me to sleep but after that it became a lot better. It mostly made me want to go cruising up to the mountains. Gorgeous areas in the movie. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Devils Rejects: Directors Cut

I actually thought it was pretty good right up until the end. They were believably ruthless and I liked how the sheriff decended into homicidal madness. It pissed me off that they all walked at the end with crispy man coming to the rescue. Also, I had heard that the motel scenes were supposed to be "disturbingly" graphic but meh, I must be jaded.

In The Heat Of The Night

1967 classic murder movie with strong racial overtones. Sidney Poitier plays the big city cop who happens upon a murder in a redneck town down south. Definately a good viewing choice.

And looking through IMDB has led me to this upcoming nugget. This is the first I've heard of this. Whoa.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Shaun of the Dead.

Good semi-darkish humor zombie romp. :luck:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Plot Outline: A petty thief (Downey) posing as an actor is brought to Los Angeles for an unlikely audition and finds himself in the middle of a murder investigation along with his high school dream girl (Monaghan) and a detective (Kilmer) who's been training him for his upcoming role...

Really funny. Black should direct more films. Entertaining, violent, the script's great and the chick, Monaghan, is pretty hot. Didn't Val Kilmer call this his second gayest film? 2005's Best.

F

I finally saw Underworld, the DVD extended version.

Not bad, I liked it, but not a lot of substance.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Shaun of the Dead.

Good semi-darkish humor zombie romp. :ermm:

It's a Zom-Rom-Com. :D

Glengarry Glen Ross
Plot Outline: Times are tough in a New York office; the salesmen (Shelley Levene, Ricky Roma, Dave Moss, and George Aaronow) are given a strong incentive by Blake to succeed in a sales contest. The prizes? First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado, second prize is a set of steak knives, third prize is the sack! There is no room for losers in this dramatically masculine world; only "closers" will get the good sales leads. There is a lot of pressure to succeed, so a robbery is committed which has unforseen consequences for all the characters.

It's bloody Mamet, you come to expect greatness, and that's what you often get. A company of fakes, talking, and sometimes living, bollocks, get an ultimatum from a downtown company man, they gotta make mo' money, finalize contracts and fast. Some of the greatest actors of their generations delivering some of the most delicious, silvery lies. Very entertaining, machismo-filled flick.

Simply spectacular film. If you've ever worked in sales, this will strike a chord. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT