Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Just saw the preview for the 9/11 movie.

that looks pretty good.

And for me The Shawshank Redemption, again.

It's just a great story, with great acting. Nothing special, but it's a movie that moves the viewer. I love watching this every so often.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Ju-On: The Grudge

Quite scary. Not much else, really, but the director did what he set out to do.

Heh, I watched that one while I was living in this dark half-basement room with a crazy Chinese landlord who looked just like one of those ghosts.

I watched it at night with all the lights off and couldn't fall asleep after that.

Blue In The Face

Plot Summary: Wayne Wang's follow-up movie to Smoke presents a series of improvisational situations strung together to form a pastiche of Brooklyn's diverse ethnicity, offbeat humor, and essential humanity. Many of the same characters inhabiting Auggie Wren's Brooklyn Cigar Store in Smoke return here to expound on their philosophy of smoking, relationships, baseball, New York, and Belgian Waffles. Most of all, this is a movie about living life, off-the-cuff.

Lou Reed, Jarmusch and Lurie are awesome, Madonna and RuPaul not so much. Some of the skits work, some don't. Well, at least it's an enjoyable mess and I reckon you learn something about Brooklyn.

Blade Runner

Plot Summary: Deckard is a Blade Runner, a police man of the future who hunts down and terminates replicants, artificially created humans. He wants to get out of the force, but is drawn back in when 4 "skin jobs", a slang term for replicants, hijack a ship back to Earth. The city that Deckard must search for his prey is a huge, sprawling, bleak vision of the future. This film questions what it is to be human, and why life is so precious.

Rutger Hauer's one magnificent actor, the sets are mind-blowing, I believe PKD really liked it, last great Ridley Scott movie?

Kirikou et la sorci

[Blade Runner
Plot Summary: Deckard is a Blade Runner, a police man of the future who hunts down and terminates replicants, artificially created humans. He wants to get out of the force, but is drawn back in when 4 "skin jobs", a slang term for replicants, hijack a ship back to Earth. The city that Deckard must search for his prey is a huge, sprawling, bleak vision of the future. This film questions what it is to be human, and why life is so precious.

Rutger Hauer's one magnificent actor, the sets are mind-blowing, I believe PKD really liked it, last great Ridley Scott movie?

PKD?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ah.

That was silly. :">

Heja Sverige!!

I thought you weren't a big Blade Runner fan, though.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Naw, even named it in my 100 greatest movies list a while back. Friday was the first time I watched it in years. I don't like crushing teenish memories, it happens, you know, sometimes. It only fails as an adaptation, the music almost ruined a few scenes too, ain't perfect, sure, but it's a blast, plus, the silver unicorn realization makes for an interesting finale. Smile.

Naw, even named it in my 100 greatest movies list a while back. Friday was the first time I watched it in years. I don't like crushing teenish memories, it happens, you know, sometimes. It only fails as an adaptation, the music almost ruined a few scenes too, ain't perfect, sure, but it's a blast, plus, the silver unicorn realization makes for an interesting finale. Smile.

We agree, then. :)

Heja Sverige!!

Yes, I have. It's happier. I'd say the Director's Cut is better, although, apparently Ridley Scott wasn't completely happy with it, either. There will be another Director's cut released sometime in the future.

Heja Sverige!!