Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Last night I watched High Plains Drifter for the first time. How I'd never seen that before escapes me. And then I followed that up by watching Bull Durham again.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, I sorta feel the same, maybe except Dolls, but it's been a while, don't exactly remember my initial reaction, maybe the park scenes were giggle-worthy?

Also, Brother is his funniest film. Yeah, funnier than Kikujiro.

I've just come back from seeing the new Miami Vice movie. I can pretty honestly say i'm not that impressed.

Firstly, there was a hell of a lot of sex in it. Sure, sex is nice and all, but I paid good money to watch a quality action movie with lots of explosions and guns, not to watch some couple go at it like rabbits.

Secondly, there was too much talking. Sure, talking sets the story and says what's going on, but I don't see how having something like 70% of the movie makes a good quality action movie. Also, it seemed to melike there were a few things missing in there, like an explanation of a certain part of story which I missed somehow.

Maybe I've totallyl got this wrong but I was under the impression that this was meant to be a total action movie, but turned out to be thriller like instead.

Good movie, but there's some things that I just don't like in there.

I've just come back from seeing the new Miami Vice movie. I can pretty honestly say i'm not that impressed.

Firstly, there was a hell of a lot of sex in it. Sure, sex is nice and all, but I paid good money to watch a quality action movie with lots of explosions and guns, not to watch some couple go at it like rabbits.

Secondly, there was too much talking. Sure, talking sets the story and says what's going on, but I don't see how having something like 70% of the movie makes a good quality action movie. Also, it seemed to melike there were a few things missing in there, like an explanation of a certain part of story which I missed somehow.

Maybe I've totallyl got this wrong but I was under the impression that this was meant to be a total action movie, but turned out to be thriller like instead.

Good movie, but there's some things that I just don't like in there.

Looks like another "Hulk syndrome" victim...

I just watched Dark City. :lol:

Ju-On: The Grudge

Quite scary. Not much else, really, but the director did what he set out to do.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Saw that Talldega Nights:Ballard of Ricky Bobby. Very funny. This was the first movie that I've seen in a while that had the whole theater full, even at a 10:00PM show, not to mention the whole theater laughing at every joke.

I had a different expirence. It was solid, but ALOT of jokes fell flat. Alot of "who's that one guy laughing at that joke 2 rows up?" moments. Not in league with 40 Year Old Virgin or Old School, imo.

Anyways, I recently watched Brick and Luck Number Slevin. Great films. Slightly predictable, but enough turns where at least some of them will get you.

Edited by kumquatq3