Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Office Space
Plot Outline: Peter Gibbons, thanks to a hypnotic suggestion, decides not to go to work at the same time his company is laying people off. When layoffs affect his two best friends, they conspire to plant a virus that will embezzle money from the company into their account.

Well, you know, this one's actually funny. I mean, sure I'll probably never watch it again, but it was fun, engaging and had a great soundtrack. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. Whitebread nerds, hardcore rap and getting back at your Porsche-driving employer. What more could a guy want?

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Plot Outline: McMurphy, a man with several assault convictions to his name, finds himself in jail once again. This time, the charge is statutory rape when it turns out that his girlfriend had lied about being eighteen, and was, in fact, fifteen (or, as McMurphy puts it, "fifteen going on thirty-five"). Rather than spend his time in jail, he convinces the guards that he's crazy enough to need psychiatric care and is sent to a hospital. He fits in frighteningly well, and his different point of view actually begins to cause some of the patients to progress. Nurse Ratched becomes his personal cross to bear as his resistance to the hospital routine gets on her nerves.

Tackling great movies is hard, because, well, they're great movies. There's nothing new you can say about them, and you've probably heard the old "ooh-ooh-what a great movie of mystifyingly puissant proportions" shtick before at least half-a-dozen times, the greatness is just methodically hammered into you. This one though, this one deserves its reputation, it's so bloody funny and sad and tear-jerking without resorting to cheap audience-pleasing tricks and shallow narrative spins. Jack and the Chief are both great.

Citizen Kane

Plot Outline: Multimillionaire newspaper tycoon Charles Foster Kane dies alone in his extravagant mansion, Xanadu, speaking a single word: "Rosebud". In an attempt to figure out the meaning of this word, a reporter tracks down the people who worked and lived with Kane; they tell their stories in a series of flashbacks that reveal much about Kane's life but not enough to unlock the riddle of his dying breath.

I cried.

I sat there for two hours, without moving an inch, staring at the screen, and at the end, I cried for a character, for a man that lost it all because of too much or too little love. I don't know. Who does?

By focusing on the technical innovations one tends to forget that at its core lies a great story. And that, my friends, is a shame.

These three are in my movie top 10.

One of the best sequels of all time. :(

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Gremlins 2 is horribly underrated. It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I love the tongue-in-cheek, breaking-the-fourth-wall humor.

That part with Hulk Hogan! Oh god! :D

And the 'sophisticated' Gremlin. *shoots other Gremlin in the face* "Now, was that civilized? Fun, yes, but not at all civilized." (w00t)

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hero

Not bad, but I liked House of Flying Daggers better, and Iron Monkey

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I thought House of Flying Daggers was pretty awful, and a lot worse than Hero.

Heja Sverige!!

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting burned out on all the similar style/feel martial arts movies, but I liked the story of Flying Daggers better.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Jersey Girl. Good movie and that Mia, who was acted by Live Tyler, was a total hottie. She had the total package: personality, humor and looks. Damn. Hott.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You should try finding Le salaire de la peur, apart from being one of the few thrillers to ever thrill me (and thrilled me it did), it's hilarious, beautifully shot and has the great Charles Vanel for a co-lead.

La r

Im watching Ong-Bak right now, I dont think Ive ever seen more impressive fight scenes before. Lots of very nice moves and on top of that so realistic and brutal that you get that "Thats gotta hurt!!" feeling.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I saw Final Fantasy 7: Advent Childen last night.

An interesting movie....

you could tell it was directed by a guy who does video games

:expository stuff:

:random evil guys doing stuff:

:expository stuff:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only good thing about it was Tifa's fight scene.

Heja Sverige!!

Birds by Alfred Hitch****

Kinda slow paced and some scenes felt overly long and ending was without any solution or revelation. It just ended.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.