Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

How many times have you now seen it?

Um, I haven't watched it for a few months, and this makes about half-a-dozen all up (although I stopped watching Firefly when I started quoting the dialogue in correspondence, a little earlier).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Histoires extraordinaires (Spirits of the Dead)

This is a hard one. You take 3 famous European directors and 3 famous Edgar Allan Poe stories, you mix 'em, add a dose of pretension and European elitism, and presto! You've got yourself a movie. Or better yet, a collection of overblown shorts.

I'll start.

Screw Roger Vadim and the pathetic asskissing hacks who told this miserable crapface he's got any talent whatsoever, the man couldn't direct his way out of a cardboard box, he's dull, vapid, empty, soulless and a gigantic coward. Shock us, you bastard! It's about orgies, whores, sluts debauchery, shows us some breasts and asses, show us naked women and naked men, God, I swear, the only partially nude scene was of Fonda riding her black stallion. Great symbolism there, moron. Screw you.

Okay, that's taken care of, let us proceed.

Louis Malle's piece is absolutely fantastic, engaging, beautifully shot, subdued, sensual and most importantly smart. A simple tale on the importance of human conscience. Unfortunately, most "cinephiles" are stupid Fellini-fellating trash who can't grasp the obvious and instead focus on shallow visual tricks.

And finally,

Fellini. You'll probably hate it or love it. Some of it is beautiful, some of it is boring, a lot of it is self-indulgent dreg. Fellini!

I haven't seen this but perhaps it's worth checking out due to the gaming theme, even if it most certainly sucks.

Stay Alive

Synopsis

This pop culture-laden fright-fest takes the legend of Countess Elizabeth Bathory of Hungary and relocates it in the inherently creepy locale of New Orleans. The usual cast of motley and none-too-bright teenagers is assembled and attached to quirky names--smartass Phineas (Jimmi Simpson) and his Goth-girl sister, October (Sophia Bush), hunky protagonist Hutch (Jon Foster), and tech-head Swink (Frankie Muniz), to name a few--and they all have one thing in common: the love of gaming. When Hutch

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Lame.  He's probably the greatest short story writer EVER!  Ray Bradbury is 2nd, but he has to die before he can become really famous.

Bukowski, Dick, Chekhov, Kafka, Vonnegut, Greene, Hemingway, Twain, Joyce, Beckett, Hesse.

I'm missing a few dead Russians, sure.

But he was still emo, right?

More like the first, or at least the model, Goth.

As for the first Emo, I suppose the Romantic age's a good place to start your search, from Coleridge to Keats, Go!

I haven't seen this but perhaps it's worth checking out due to the gaming theme, even if it most certainly sucks.

Stay Alive

Synopsis

This pop culture-laden fright-fest takes the legend of Countess Elizabeth Bathory of Hungary and relocates it in the inherently creepy locale of New Orleans. The usual cast of motley and none-too-bright teenagers is assembled and attached to quirky names--smartass Phineas (Jimmi Simpson) and his Goth-girl sister, October (Sophia Bush), hunky protagonist Hutch (Jon Foster), and tech-head Swink (Frankie Muniz), to name a few--and they all have one thing in common: the love of gaming. When Hutch

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Reign of terror, lawl. Like Bathory ever ruled anything.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, on the Bathory subject, Julie Delpy is making a film based on Elizabeth Bathory's life. She will direct it herself.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Lame.  He's probably the greatest short story writer EVER!  Ray Bradbury is 2nd, but he has to die before he can become really famous.

Bukowski, Dick, Chekhov, Kafka, Vonnegut, Greene, Hemingway, Twain, Joyce, Beckett, Hesse.

I'm missing a few dead Russians, sure.

Well, my reaction was a bit impetous, I admit. Although I consider some of those writers novelists, and not strictly short story writers. Poe was one of the earliest modern short story writers though, along with Maupassant. If we are looking strictly at American's, I'd still say he is at the top of the list. It's all opinion anyways, I'm not debating it because they are all great.

Bulgakov and Doestevsky for Russians.

And Gogol.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dungeons and Dragons II The Dragon Something of the Other

The only way it could have been worse is if they had a Wayans bros. in it. If you have never heard of it basically a live action rpg troup tells an alternative version of WWI, if Thor had been elected sr. class president instead of Jesus and the war was confined to about 17 sq. acr. of land. It should be noted were as in their version Thor didn't actually defeat Jesus, he just ran unopposed.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Did you watch it on Sci Fi? Because I just saw it on Sci Fi.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, its been really stormy so I've been vegging out on horrible fantasy via the scifi channel today. I went to the doctor and had to get a shot of penicillin because of an abscessed tooth, later we start work on my absurd british comedy.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.