What would you like to see in the future of SW?

This is just a Topic I've set up, where we can all dream :p Dream about what sort or things, anything you would like to see in the future or what you would have liked to have seen come out in the past.

It can be anything, Games, Movies... whatever.

Ok, I would have like to have seen more RPG type SW games based on the movies, Because all the games made that where to do with the movies weren't that great. SW:TPM Game was on PS1 and it was great in its time, it had mini quests, and there was dialogue, talking in it. Oh it was great it was like to roots of KotOR. So I would have left that.

But SW:AotC game was "The Clone Wars" and wasnt a good game at all, it was one of those half ass games that lucasarts just gave to any random company to condure up some crap. It was one of those flying games and all about ships and craft, which would have been alright if it was a different game. It contained all this stuff which was totally irrelevant and I didnt like it whatsoever. If it where me, I would have turned it into a KotOR style RPG, scouting the cities for Zam, Exploring Kamino, Researching in the Jedi Archives.

I dont have time anymore to write about what I would like in the future, nor completed the past aspect but ill continue to post.

Lets see what you people would like to have seen or saw?

Indeed. Let's remember that if you have nothing to contribute, it's often best to say nothing at all.

As to what I'd like to see - I'd like a Star Wars film that feels less like Disneyland in space. I liked the 3rd film in the prequel trilogy the best of those 3, because it had less of that sensation. I'd also like to see better scripts, where the characters have more than one-liners and aren't background for the special effects. :)

In terms of games...since all I've played are the Kotor's I'm not really sure. But I do prefer roleplaying games - whether it's roleplaying Jedi or some other aspect of the SW universe doesn't really matter much to me. It might be nice to be a character who isn't a Jedi and never becomes one, tho - just an adventure RPG set in the SW universe. Could be, for instance, a game based on Leia's youth or something. Ok, maybe that's not so great, I'm no idea-mogul - but you know what I mean. A non-Jedi experience. I wouldn't even mind a game that was more adventure based with solutions/endgames that weren't the 'final battle' combat-oriented routine. Course, that might not have as wide an appeal, thus may never get made - but it would be a nice change of pace to me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:) Yeah I agree, the last few movies the last two weren't so... good. Way to much emphasis on the technology more then the story, but dont get me wrong I like episode 3 and it was a good end which was a shame that it did come to an end but far too much on battle and crappy starting crawler :lol:

But I believe if the Star Wars series was done much earlier, done all at once it would have perhaps had not as good technology and special effects but a lasting story, one of those old classics similar to star trek, and now at this point where the technology is here GL could just do any old random thing to expand the SW franchise.

So don't watch/play it. :D

But I know what you mean. I felt the same way about Star Trek after a while, even if I was quite a fan for years. By the time Voyager spin-off came I didn't care anymore...too much too fast.

Since I wasn't a part of any of of the original SW hoopla beyond seeing the films in the theaters, the SW universe still feels like it has some room, to me. Especially since the recent trilogy wasn't that great.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The future of Star wars?  I think Star Wars is all tapped out.  Everything that could be done has been done and now it is deader than Greedo.  Not trying to be mean or nothing but the Star Wars franchise has been milked for years and factly I am tired of the setting.

Well not necissarily the future, what I really wanted was for people to post down what they think would have been better and what they should have been done instead. Games, movies ect. Yeah basically at this point Star Wars is dead. But I would just like to see what people could come up with and their ideas.

Truthfully I think that Lucas Arts needs to strike up a deal with Nintendo for a motion sensor SW game (I proposed the idea a few months back in a topic).

Seeing that Nintendo will be more successful than any other current company in the fields on motion sensors and interaction for home consoles and honestly has the most potential and creativity, its the best choice.

Using the new controller for the Wii, a first person game could be designed (Similar to Elder Scrolls or Might and Magic concept wise) in which the main controller acts as your lightsaber, vibrosword, blaster or even activates/aims Force powers while the other smaller part can be used to cycle through force powers and various items.

Not only does my idea have the potential for being one of the greatest and most innovative SW games ever, but it would not be difficult to produce seeing that the technology is present and able. It also opens the way for a whole new SW Story that can break away with some solid creativity.

Story wise, I would like to see full character progression as a Jedi, Starting your training as a youngling and working your way up to Knight and Master. Or Sith Lord and being able to fight and ultimately strike down your Jedi master among other Jedi. With this I would also like to have age progression, Class progression alone is dull and boring. Going through the actual Jedi Trials and having non linear missions on many planets.

To not run with this idea is ignorance on behalf of LucasArts and Nintendo.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

I personally would like to see George Lucas produce a film chronicling the Great Sith War, truly capturing the darkly phantasmagoric nature of the tale through innovative visual and narrative wonderment. Presently, the most effective way for me to describe my vision of the story would be to reference the following films: Dune, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

Yeah I would like move movies to be made about the better times in Star Wars, oh dear god dont go near that Imperial Remnant stuff, The Sith War, the Great hyperspace war would be great to see as a movie, or even have a whole game dedicated to it.

After? Not me, I would prefer a movie series based on Exar Kun and the Great Hyperspace War. Having a KotOR movie would also be great and then the exile of the dark jedi + Darth Bane. Or atleast a game based on these things

After? Not me, I would prefer a movie series based on Exar Kun and the Great Hyperspace War. Having a KotOR movie would also be great and then the exile of the dark jedi + Darth Bane. Or atleast a game based on these things

The reason I'd want it after the existing movies is because that way everything will be brand new.

We *know* what happens during the KOTOR period.

We *know* what happens in the Hyperspace War, or Exar Kun.

If it's 1000 years after RotJ, then it'll be completely fresh.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The reason I'd want it after the existing movies is because that way everything will be brand new.

We *know* what happens during the KOTOR period.

We *know* what happens in the Hyperspace War, or Exar Kun.

If it's 1000 years after RotJ, then it'll be completely fresh.

Yes but then we know alot of the EU stuff which happens after RotJ, and the Yuusha Vong(sp?) and all that stuff, jedi knight and although that was a very close thing to RotJ, I'm sure that it wont be that much different in 1000 years or so time in the future, just like the Great Hyperspace War is looked upon by the people in KotOR, all that has really changed was the technology and perhaps a few new villians + something new, evil trying to destroy/takeover the galaxy ect. I'm sure there will be another republic, followed by some idealists like the reborn for example (although they are gone now) just wanting to end it and the new jedi comming to kick some ass and bring some peace back into balance.

But the reason as to why I would like to see the GHSW and more about the Mandalorian wars and KotOR type of movies and stuff is because, yes we do hear about it but there are very few books based on that era, and there is a lot of the post-RotJ era.

I would like to see a complete remodelling of SW as a whole .. there are so many unfortunate elements in every movie released .. that just make me flinch, as potential greatness is missed by yet another inch..

it should be darker, but at the same time more nuanced .. I particularly enjoyed the way Palpatine was considerably more human in SW3 (until he turns classic villain).. Sw is all about opposite sides opposing each other Good versus Evil - and how one must choose a side in this eternal battle (though not always a permanent one), what I miss alot is the grey in between .. and not Han Solo grey I mean really twisted grey .. Extremely bad guys who are doing these things for something as pure as love or ultimate peace (kinda like Anakin, but it was badly acted and written)..

I guess it want it to be more realistic .. it is such an amazing universe, but unfortunatly it seems GL only have two crayon colours to play with...

Fortune favors the bald.

i think they neeeeeeeed to do a movie on the book outbound flight by timothy zahn. it would be like for me the best thing in the world

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn