Star Wars Redone?

Old 3 Star Wars Episodes redone?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Old 3 Star Wars Episodes redone?

• Yeah, Why not
    • No, leave them
    • Who cares

Well I love the old series, especially the 4th one, its not the most action packed one, but its basically the beginning and you can just tell that alot of time and care has been put into it, besides its the first one and at that point Lucas did care about his fans and Star Wars, not just the money :(

Now the question is, Would you like to see the Old Episodes redone? Me? I would like to see them modified and advanced more with the modern technology we have, but not all the cast and the story redone. On second thoughts no, because look at episodes 2 and 3, not so much one, all that is focused with those 2 is really the technical effects and the story isnt that crash hot, especially ep2. Now seriously whats with the episode 3 opening crawler? Starting word: WAR! now who the hell does that? A 2 year old? Seems like Lucas just wanted to get rid and get the Star Wars series over and done with ASAP.

So relating back to the topic question, Maybe, just the explosions and the ships, they seriously do look like plastic and the quality and clarity is much different to the newer ones. On episode 4 how Obi-Wan attacks that aqualish (I think) and cuts his arm off, and there is blood everywhere, that is a bit too gorey maybe? because we know from the other Star Wars that it doesnt acctually draw blood.

The ships and explosions seemed real enough to me. I believe Lucas did quite well with the space battles with technology being the way it was back then.

As for the blood thing, well nobody's perfect :("

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

the last few movies the last two weren't so... good. Way to much emphasis on the technology more then the story, but dont get me wrong I like episode 3 and it was a good end which was a shame that it did come to an end but far too much on battle and crappy starting crawler

But I believe if the Star Wars series was done much earlier, done all at once it would have perhaps had not as good technology and special effects but a lasting story, one of those old classics similar to star trek, and now at this point where the technology is here GL could just do any old random thing to expand the SW franchise.

No. I don't even like the fact he's fiddled with the original cuts as much as he has. I prefer new stuff to trying to improve or rehash the already done. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, this was a few months back, but while searching on the Internet during a Film Studies class, (which we were actually supposed to do, since we looking up about our particular autuer, and mine was good ol' GL), I came across an article that said something like:

"George Lucas is hoping to re-do the Star Wars series in 3D." (Not exact quote.)

And lets face it, once he runs out of money again, he'll do it. The dark side of editing is a path way to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

The old classics are fine the way they are. We do not need Lucas to tinker around with them or remake them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

We can redo Eps I-III while we're at it

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Really you can't redo the original films other than the nice editing job they already did with the 2004 re-releases.

The re-casting alone would destroy the films and undoubtably the story for all the works related to, that were done with the original casts likeness'.

Not to mention without Alec Guiness it just wouldn't seem right, there has never been a more perfect casting decision than Guiness as Obi-Wan.

Although if it did happen, I wouldn't complain, if someone has the balls...go for it.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

It basically changes the nature of Han Solo's character.

Thats only the most common interpretation.

The fact is, if the whole scene with Greedo was cut out completely, so when Chewbacca, Obi-wan and Luke left, it cuts to them right outside talking about selling the speeder, it wouldn't even matter. Change Han's line a little later to Jabba about "not sending your goons after me" or what not and nobody would be the wiser and Greedo would never exist.

So it would make no difference at all and no reason to cry over.

But thats just a fact.

wookiedance.gif

I watched ep4 last night, and I noticed that the sound quality wasnt as good as previous episodes (of course)

THX evidentally arent as cracked up as they say they are.

Everytime when I turn on Star Wars or some other movie with THX doing the sound, its always got that annoying sound which almost deafens you and then "SUPERIOR UBER SOUND QUALITY" yeah... right

First things first - NO - if we're going to have more SW movies, lets focus on a completely new timeframe. And not a prequel, either - sometime far in the future (from a SW perspective) - it's a good galaxy, a good place for an epic story.

There are some things in the new editions that I like ... the all-digital panaramic shots of Mos Eisley, Cloud City, etc. ... Cloud City was by far may favorite improvement - it brought life to an otherwise dull set.

Of course there are some that make me feel like the folks at LF & ILM got it "good enough" and then abandoned the scenes ... in most of the scenes where they added stuff just for the sake of adding stuff, the lighting's not right, or there's too much activity in the foreground ... it's distracting.

It doesn't bother me that Greedo shot first, what really bothers me is how clumsy the scene looks.

From a cinematography point of view, the coolest thing about the Star Wars series is that every one required ILM to create technology ... for their time, they were each on the cutting edge.

George Lucas had a vision - it's a shame it got blurred about halfway through.

I'd happily watch a new SW movie, but I really don't want them to screw with the originals any more than they already have.

After what George gave us for prequels, have him remake the originals? No.

The Prequel Trilogy was not *that* bad. Ep1 and Ep3 were pretty good, only Ep2 was a bit rough around the corners.

But IMO none of the PT was "bad".

As for the subject, Lucas has done a great job with the 2004 release of the OT. Perhaps slight editing may be needed, but overall, the 2004 version is pretty good as it is.

Episode 2 was one of those movies which was similar to KotOR2, no not the cut content but the lack of ending nothing much was given to us no information whatsoever it just ended at the beginning of the Clone Wars the interesting part and we miss out on what happens during the whole Clone War and more, we needed something else. I believe that it wasnt set in a good time.

I watched ep4 last night, and I noticed that the sound quality wasnt as good as previous episodes (of course)

THX evidentally arent as cracked up as they say they are.

Everytime when I turn on Star Wars or some other movie with THX doing the sound, its always got that annoying sound which almost deafens you and then "SUPERIOR UBER SOUND QUALITY"  yeah... right

I highly agree cause thats what I notices and I also thought the acting was bad.

Except for Han Solo. and the whole lightsaber graphics can be better but we all know Lucas could help that. And the jokes were a little corny which made it VERY funny and crazy at the same time. But don't get me wrong Im a hard core star wars fan im just would never say no to a star wars anything if I had a say.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.