Why doesn't the Old Republic swing both ways?

In playing KOTOR2 with a female exile, I've discovered a fair number of lesbians in galaxy. They call me beautiful and make other innuendos. Which makes me wonder, if you play a male exile, are there any men in the galaxy that call you handsome and vaguely hit on you?

Even more, in the first game a female could romance Juhani. Yet neither game allows for a gay romance plot. Is there some word from on high that there shall be no gay men in the Star Wars universe? Just curious.

-Magess

Are you asking if you can have a lesbian girlfriend in kotor?

Umm. No. If you read again you'll see that I'm asking why there don't appear to be any gay men in the Star Wars universe while lesbians seem to abound. I actually point out in my post that there's a lesbian romance plot in KOTOR.

Edited by DarkMagess

Are you asking if you can have a lesbian girlfriend in kotor?

Umm. No. I'm asking why there don't appear to be any gay men in the Star Wars universe while lesbians seem to abound.

We could get into a whole other discussion with gays and lesbians........ :o ................but my personal opinion is that I guess Obsidian is mostly comprised of men. And well I assume that most men like the fact that they can see lesbians rub up against eachother on videos anytime they want.......... :shifty: .........but most......... MOST men think that gay men are a blight upon the earth. I say If you wanna be gay then go be gay. Just do it in San Fran, not where I live <_<

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

InEven more, in the first game a female could romance Juhani. Yet neither game allows for a gay romance plot. Is there some word from on high that there shall be no gay men in the Star Wars universe? Just curious.

Just recently, EU character Jagged Fel has been established as a bisexual character like Juhani. And there is a lack of gay men because the developers are, you guessed it, men. I'm sure that there are high-ranking levels in the developers but it's mostly men.

Just recently, EU character Jagged Fel has been established as a bisexual character like Juhani. And there is a lack of gay men because the developers are, you guessed it, men. I'm sure that there are high-ranking levels in the developers but it's mostly men.

So it's not that they couldn't, they just don't cause they find it icky? Feh. I'd hope that there'd be more to the discussion than what the writers find hot. Cause that lacks in... I dunno... integrity. In the same way as if you could only make white heroes, which they obviously thought about and chose to not do.

Why not a gay romance plot?

Maybe because it has no relevance to the game. People like you would rather introduce these politically based, agenda ideals and make the game a fore runner for some extremist cause, that "breaks the mold of the mainstream" to promote its self-righteous and imposing views upon the masses.

You disgust me.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Maybe because it has no relevance to the game.  People like you would rather introduce these politically based, agenda ideals and make the game a fore runner for some extremist cause, that "breaks the mold of the mainstream" to promote its self-righteous and imposing views upon the masses.

You disgust me.

It was just a thought she had calm down. :rolleyes:"

Don't worry do do do do do do do do do Be Happy! :D

Don't worry, Be happy Now :D woooooooooo oooooo waoooooooooooo ooooooo oooooooo ooo

Maybe because it has no relevance to the game.  People like you would rather introduce these politically based, agenda ideals and make the game a fore runner for some extremist cause, that "breaks the mold of the mainstream" to promote its self-righteous and imposing views upon the masses.

You disgust me.

And the lesbians hitting on me is... what? Aside from already in the game.

Don't worry do do do      do do do      do do do  Be Happy! :D

Don't worry, Be happy Now :D  woooooooooo oooooo waoooooooooooo ooooooo oooooooo ooo

Hehe. It was actually all the women calling me "beautiful" in that come-on kinda way that made me think about it. It's been so long since I played the first game that I can't recall if it happened there too.

-Magess

Don't worry do do do      do do do      do do do  Be Happy! :D

Don't worry, Be happy Now :D  woooooooooo oooooo waoooooooooooo ooooooo oooooooo ooo

Hehe. It was actually all the women calling me "beautiful" in that come-on kinda way that made me think about it. It's been so long since I played the first game that I can't recall if it happened there too.

-Magess

Maybe ou might be unintetionally implying to people that you are a lesbian. Might want to check yourself when you say something relating to..........lesbianship or whatever you call it

Oh, my intent was not to provoke, but to shoot down and hopefully prevent any self-righteous individual from expressing desire to include an unfounded and ridiculous ideal into kotor as to make it a martyr for a some extremist cause.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Maybe ou might be unintetionally implying to people that you are a lesbian. Might want to check yourself when you say something relating to..........lesbianship or whatever you call it

Wha? They're NPCs. They talk at me, I can't really imply anything to them. :rolleyes:

I thought you said it happens to you in real life as well..........hmmmmmm maybe I misunderstood your post.*Rereading*..................................OH! Okay I get cha now

Edited by x1Predator

Oh, my intent was not to provoke, but to shoot down and hopefully prevent any self-righteous individual from expressing desire to include an unfounded and ridiculous ideal into kotor as to make it a martyr for a some extremist cause.

Yeah, that "You digust me" was way non-provocative. Don't go into diplomacy.

You don't seem too upset by the Juhani plot in the first game or the fact that a bunch of women NPCs seem to think my female Exile is fiiiiiiiiiine.

-Magess

You don't seem too upset by the Juhani plot in the first game or the fact that a bunch of women NPCs seem to think my female Exile is fiiiiiiiiiine.

-Magess

Well mabe she really was and it was enough to turn the other chicks lesbian...... :D ............who knows? :rolleyes:

Read into it how you want. I can't be blamed for speaking the truth about your hidden gay agenda.

Remember, Jesus is watching... :rolleyes:

He wont be conviced Magess so dont even try

I'm guessing the biggest case of this in KOTOR II is Luxa, who pretty much comes on to you male or female. She is some Star Wars species that is known for drugs and sexuality, so it makes sense.

The only other time I recall is Atris, who still confessed some kind of romantic affection for me after sparing her life. Mira says it, but I don't think she means it in that way, more like a girl saying 'she's really beautiful' or 'she's gorgeous' just mening it like that.

I'm guessing the biggest case of this in KOTOR II is Luxa, who pretty much comes on to you male or female. She is some Star Wars species that is known for drugs and sexuality, so it makes sense.

The only other time I recall is Atris, who still confessed some kind of romantic affection for me after sparing her life. Mira says it, but I don't think she means it in that way, more like a girl saying 'she's really beautiful' or 'she's gorgeous' just mening it like that.

There've been some bounty hunters too. They kept calling me "the beautiful Jedi". Since there's no ugly Jedi around to distinguish me from, that also comes across to me like the NPC finds me beautiful in more than some objective way. It might be that there's nothing further in the game that does it. I haven't finished II yet. But those instances not so far apart from another made it seem like the universe accepts it as normal.

-Magess