KotOR Series... At an... END?!

Ok, after the movies me n my mate went to EB (electronics Botique) to blow our dough on a alright game. I asked the dewd at the counter after minutes of looking and trying to find what I am after.

I asked whether KotOR2 was on PC, and how much, details ect. He said that it is no longer selling or being made for PC for it is a discontinued series or something like that, I didnt fully catch his words but it was something on the lines of discontinued series

Well instantly it came to my head, CRAP! KotOR is done for. I havent seen either KotOR1 or KotOR2 games recently, last time I saw was ages, months ago.

What he meant was either

A) KotOR2 isnt making anymore money, not being bought, not good reviews hence not being manufactured

B) KotOR1 and 2 are not being manufactured again

C) The KotOR series are screwed for good.

Now that wasnt pleasent news to me especially wanting to buy KotOR.

KotOR2 on the other hand is still being made for the Xbox although I didnt see it. He must have got the wrong thing, seriously you know how those guys are. So Im going to inquire around other places other EB places to see if they have it. Because it was the 'stocktake' sorta sale, although the end of the finantial year is over, its another one of those 60% sales where they wana get rid of all their junk.

Now anyone seen KotOR on the shelves recently?

Does anyone have any suggestions to how I could get a new copy of it?

I still see some copies around for both PC & XBox of K1 and K2. The problem with shops is that if THEY (the shop) don't sell the game then they dump it & don't order it anymore coz they're idiots. U shuold rather go in big shops like shopping centres.

However, it is possible that the 2 games have ended their line... 3 years have passed since K1 and more than a year for K2... they will most likely go in the archives or will be found for cheap prices...

Anyway, I doubt that a successful series like KOTOR will end... otherwise the Jedi Knight series would already be dead!

My tip: look in bigger stores and you'll find it! At least I do here in Italy... maybe it depends on the country. If they haven't sold many copies they just stop ordering it but the games still exist.

When all else fails, Amazon.com often works. They're still selling new copies.

But yeah, walk-in stores stop stocking many old titles (often sooner rather than later) because it's not profitable to them anymore...only so much shelf space. As to being out of actual production/discontinued - no idea. :) The sales clerk could've just meant it's a discontinued stock item for their store.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Phew, thats a bit of relief

I should look at other outlets, and other stores and if all fails ill end up turning to the net. The only reason I go there is because its got the largest range of PC games. But maybe they will get more stock and maybe like ive said, another store might have it :)

Well, both games have some sense of flexibility and conversation stories that other SW games might only have a bit of.

Frankly, it is hard to be specific about this.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Well, I've seen some Kotor's in local stores, and even better, I saw 3 Fallout 2's in one of them (w00t) And I thought that you couldn't get t anywere else than internet anymore. (my original copy of F 2 was broken few years ago, so I bought one of those. Still hunting first Fallout though, since I have never played it...)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The only advice I can give you:

Don't ever listen to people that work behind the counter of those stores. More often than not they know nothing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ok, after the movies me n my mate went to EB (electronics Botique) to blow our dough on a alright game. I asked the dewd at the counter after minutes of looking and trying to find what I am after.

I asked whether KotOR2 was on PC, and how much, details ect. He said that it is no longer selling or being made for PC for it is a discontinued series or something like that, I didnt fully catch his words but it was something on the lines of discontinued series

Well instantly it came to my head, CRAP! KotOR is done for. I havent seen either KotOR1 or KotOR2 games recently, last time I saw was ages, months ago.

What he meant was either

A) KotOR2 isnt making anymore money, not being bought, not good reviews hence not being manufactured

B) KotOR1 and 2 are not being manufactured again

C) The KotOR series are screwed for good.

Now that wasnt pleasent news to me especially wanting to buy KotOR.

KotOR2 on the other hand is still being made for the Xbox although I didnt see it. He must have got the wrong thing, seriously you know how those guys are. So Im going to inquire around other places other EB places to see if they have it. Because it was the 'stocktake' sorta sale, although the end of the finantial year is over, its another one of those 60% sales where they wana get rid of all their junk.

Now anyone seen KotOR on the shelves recently?

Does anyone have any suggestions to how I could get a new copy of it?

HAHAHAHAHA! Revan, this guy is full of the nastiest crap I could possibly imagine smelling. He obviously forgot to wear the helmet he requires to avoid serious head trauma. This information is totally incorrect. He was probably aware of this too. He was just covering up for EB's constant lack of a complete stock and inability to satisfy the majority their customer base. KotOR and KotOR II are still in production for both PC and XBOX. Man, LucasArts is still producing copies of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. If you are unable to locate it retail, just purchase directly from LA's website.

Well, I don't know how useful my opinion is since I live in a developing nation on the east side of the world. Please note that I talk of the PC versions of the KOTOR games.

But anyway, I did notice that KOTOR/KOTOR 2 stocks are very low in the marketplace. I remember going to a store once and there I saw two KOTOR 2 boxes and two KOTOR 1 boxes. Strangely enough, the two KOTOR boxes were packaged very differently, one was the UK version distributed by Activision and the other was the US version manufactured by EA.

I got KOTOR 1, and the next time I came to the store, all KOTORs were sold out and there was nothing. I had to begin a crusade of the city to find a copy of KOTOR 2 with no luck.

Finally, I looked up the address of a shop which recieved its supplies directly from the regional EA games distributor, and contacted them. Over the phone, I was told that there was little stock of KOTOR 1 and absolutely no stock of KOTOR 2. The guy told me to get back to them in 3 days, during which the store had made a custom order and procured a copy of KOTOR 2 (US version). So when I went there to buy it, the guy at the counter said that I'd better get it now or else it will be very difficult to get any KOTOR games for the PC in the future.

Therefore, I took the K2 box and went away, happy that I could get it somehow. :lol:

Probably LA is having shipping difficulties in some parts of the world.

Here in Italy you can still find many copies, but in small stores they are difficult to find... coz the market continues to go on... there are new games every week so they have the priority.

If u find a SW fan store then you'll find it for sure.

Good job anyway... the KOTOR series is a must... u would've lost a part of your life without it

I always see both games on the shelves

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Afew months after it came out I decided to try it. Well I went to gamestop first. They had the 1st one oddly enough but not the second one. Then I went on a crusade to find the second one. EB didnt have it and Funcoland (which usually has everything from old to new) was sold out and walmart didnt have it either. Then I asked the guy (who I could tell by the look on his face new nothing about games) where I might be able to find the damn game. He asked me about my crusade then took the trouble to call all the other walmarts in the area. Turns out the only one that had it was the city adjacent to mine.....which had only one copy left. I hauled ASS there and got that baby before someone less worthy such as a four year old would pick it up (it's happened before and I was about to ring that little kid's neck for doin it).

But should your own great crusade fail then the internet is your friend.

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

The only advice I can give you:

Don't ever listen to people that work behind the counter of those stores.  More often than not they know nothing.

LOL true true, they are too busy being depressed about their dead end jobs :(

When I asked him, he was half ducked down under the counter doing something, hardly paying attention. He probabally picked up a few of my keywords that came out of my mouth and pieced it together "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2" to something like.. Knight Wars 2 :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA! Revan, this guy is full of the nastiest crap I could possibly imagine smelling. He obviously forgot to wear the helmet he requires to avoid serious head trauma. This information is totally incorrect. He was probably aware of this too. He was just covering up for EB's constant lack of a complete stock and inability to satisfy the majority their customer base. KotOR and KotOR II are still in production for both PC and XBOX. Man, LucasArts is still producing copies of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. If you are unable to locate it retail, just purchase directly from LA's website.

LOL probabally thinking I'm just a kid and probabally thinking wouldnt know myself so just telling me some crap which he would think that I would believe hence getting me to move along to get another customer :lol:

Yesterday at the movies, the girl at the ticketbox thing called my mate first, and he said 1 ticket or whatever, giving him a student or concession ticket, whatever the hell they are called. Then I was next in line, and she asked if I wanted a "Child" or "Student" Ticket. CHILD?! <_< I'm damn well 15, I dont think I would look like a child.

Ok well enough of my stories, well thanks anyone for your imput, Ill just have to scout around as jedi exile said :lol: and ill check the other EB stores, with more dedicated staff, or just other shops in general. Then if all else fails well ill come to my good friend the internet :lol:

Only problem with EB is, as ive probabally said, if this is true what the guy said, which is probabally isnt now I might not be able to get it due to their sorta "Getting rid of the crap games, and old stock sale 50% off sale" So once its gone its kinda gone unless they get new stock. But ill just try different sources.

Thanks everyone!

If you have anything else to talk about, more advice, more teasing of those guys behind counters :lol: (jokes) what your encounters are, more then happily post away :lol:

Yes, True but the question is KotOR2 platinum?

And the fact that KotOR2 was a very cut, incomplete game would effect it.

Oh yeah good news I rang another EB store, yes rang and the lady there was out of stock :) but she said she should be getting some new stock the quickest being this week, and thats when the sale ends, and it is about $30 (AU) So fingers crossed! As long as I get it im happy :lol:

No, I am quite sure that K2 was not platinium

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just out of my own curiosity I did a search on www.futureshop.ca and only the XBox version of TSL showed up (29.99) and the PC version of KOTOR I showed up (also 29.99).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I do not think it is the end of the series, but maybe the end of KotOR I & II's production. :cat:

Remember, XBox 1 is no longer being pushed. XBox 360 is on center stage. Therefore, there will be no need for a XBox version of KotOR I or II.

If there is a KotOR III on the horizon, I bet L.A. will re-release KotOR I & II. They will use them as a way to welcome a third to the series. :lol:

You never truely know what the future holds. :)

Edited by DarthMethos

Electronics Boutique :cat: Never heard of it,not surprising really as I don't get my games from regular stores any more.I get mine from Gamehead.com.au,and I have never had any trouble with scratched discs,or any thing else.However they do not have any Kotor titles in stock other than K2 for Xbox,If you email them they could probably help,their really quite nice people.

Not like those other sheep in stores that say Deus...ex what???Sure we'll get that in for you and let you know right away.....must be what two years. <_<

TRY BUYING VIVALDI OPERA CDs.One year it took for them to get Bajazet in store....I got it else where and it took a week.I think it is still on their shelf.I have just about given up on the septum tusk.

I suppose being mistaken for a child could be good tickets are cheaper.It is better than being ignored completely or having some greedy assistant drooling over you.For the first try yelling 'SHOP' when you stand at the counter,judge their reaction and act accordingly,perfect for the stuck up so'n'so who thinks your nose ring and mohawk is a signification of your socioeconomic class.

Frelling snob. [finger]

P. :lol:

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.