Crystal Cave Glitch?

Has anyone gone into the crytal cave on Dantooine and come out with the 1 personal crystal and like 7 red ones? It has happend a few times to me (playing Male / LS) and when I reload to the game and enter the cave again, I wind up leaving with the same crystals as I did the first time. I mean, why so many red and not any of the others (i.e. Rubat, Kasha, etc).

Think about it... If reven walked throught there then it has ds energy in it making the crystals red

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

You mean k1, right?

There isn't actually explanation for it. Maybe Bioware's developers thought that ds players wants to get red crystals for all their jedi party members early on the game

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

...or for you to sell :(

its bad IMO because you can get enough red crystals from all those Dark Jedi that come to get you :) Even if you had all 4 party members carrying two lightsabers each, there's 8 colour crystal slots Max. Thats more than covered by the Dantooine Cave and the Dark Jedi. Best thing to do with them is to sell them to the Rodian on the space station over Yavin (Suvam Tamm)

Edited by aerowars617

K2? :(

I never get in k2 only red ones from there. Must be random loot generator or something. I get all kinds of crystals

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

K2? :-

I never get in k2 only red ones from there. Must be random loot generator or something. I get all kinds of crystals

Well, if it's the random loot generator, check if you have a savegame before taking the crystals and see if you get some other ones this time.

I've done that three times (just to be sure) and came up with the same loot. I wonder if status (LS vs. DS, male/female, jedi class, etc.) has something to do with it.

Has anyone gone into the crytal cave on Dantooine and come out with the 1 personal crystal and like 7 red ones? It has happend a few times to me (playing Male / LS) and when I reload to the game and enter the cave again, I wind up leaving with the same crystals as I did the first time. I mean, why so many red and not any of the others (i.e. Rubat, Kasha, etc).

Most of what I had were crystals that gave barely about say +1 to attack and +1 to damage. Which is why I usually just look for colour crystals in the crystal cave, and find at least two damage crystals from the old lady salvager like say Opila, Phond or perhaps Sigil kinds. Don't really think that I have had 7 crystals of a similar kind before.

Helps to get some crystals that you need from the salvager camp.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

K2? :p

Well, if it's the random loot generator, check if you have a savegame before taking the crystals and see if you get some other ones this time.

He's talking about when you slash open the eggs of the kinrath. They only give you red crystals which equals a great deal of money indeed! Nothing to be done about it though unless there's a mod I dont know about.....*ponders*

Edited by x1Predator

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Well, I take it that those red crystals are for saber colours. Usually just leave whatever colour crystals for character in inventory, although they can also be sold for credits.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

That's pretty weird and not very, uh, random, haha.

You didn't go in the cave before, to do something else earlier, before you went in to get the crystals? Probably not...just checking. :D

I think I remember getting a couple of one type in the cave before, but not where they're all the same. As to color...sometimes I think there's a random seed generator that kicks in when you start a new game and determines a favored color. I've had games obsessed with purple, blue, green...where 90% of the sabers or crystals were initially one color before constant reloads. Even the sith guys would attack me with purple sabers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's pretty weird and not very, uh, random, haha.

You didn't go in the cave before, to do something else earlier, before you went in to get the crystals? Probably not...just checking. :D

I think I remember getting a couple of one type in the cave before, but not where they're all the same. As to color...sometimes I think there's a random seed generator that kicks in when you start a new game and determines a favored color. I've had games obsessed with purple, blue, green...where 90% of the sabers or crystals were initially one color before constant reloads. Even the sith guys would attack me with purple sabers.

A similar experience I have had is whenever / wherever I got a lightsaber (i.e. from Mandalore when you've completed the jungle quest), or Vogga's vault, it was always a double bladed which was annoying because i like to switch between single hilt (2 weapon fighting) and double bladed.

I think the personal crystal sucked...I had no use for it, it added no damage.  It was like your personal armband, just a way of personalizing a useless item.

:huh:

The <name> fcrystal increases in power with your level ... there are nine "levels" of power, the lowest at level 12 and below, increasing every three levels after (15, 18 ... 33, 36) ... when you give it to Kreia.

There are five "colors" ... Very Dark - Dark - Neutral - Light - Very Light ... if your alignment changes, Kreia can change it to match.

Maximum bonuses for the crystals are:

Very Dark: +3 Attack, +5 (Dark Side) Damage, +7 STR, +5 DEX, +6 CHA, +3-30 Massive Criticals, Knockdown (DC 22)

Dark: +3 Attack, +5 (Dark Side) Damage, +7 STR, +5 DEX, +6 CHA, Knockdown (DC 22)

Neutral: +4 STR, +4 DEX, +5 CON, +5 WIS, +4 CHA, Force Resistance +24

Light: +3 Attack, +5 Damage, +5 STR, +6 DEX, +7 WIS, 25% chance to slow for 6 seconds (DC 22)

Very Light: +3 Attack, +5 Damage, +5 (Light Side) damage vs. Dark Side, +5 STR, +6 DEX, +7 WIS, 25% chance to slow for 6 seconds (DC 22)

Would basically have to reload a previous game that was saved before entering cave to get different crystals.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Tried reloading almost up to 20-30 times looking for damage crystals from old lady salvager. And would either find two sigil crystals or phond crystals, sometimes 2 phonds and 1 sigil, or 2 sigils and 1 phond.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I think the personal crystal sucked...I had no use for it, it added no damage.  It was like your personal armband, just a way of personalizing a useless item.

Dex +3

Str +3

Wis +4

Attack +1

Damage +3

My personal crystal. I would hardly call that a useless item. In fact, I can't think of a single item in the game as beneficial as the personalized crystal.

As Kreia explains, the crystal changes as you change. If you master the Dark or Light side of the force, go talk to her again and check the new stats of the crystal.

LOL, the personalized crystal is about as useless as the BFG is weak in Doom 3. :p

As for the crystals in the cave, is it possible they change based on how you defined Revan at the start of KoTOR 2? Did you say he went light side or dark side? It may not matter... just a thought.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat