Worst KotOR Moment?

Just a topic Im setting up about what bad experiences you have had during your KotOR journey. Either game is fine. I would like you to post down your ideas, about what ruined your game, what did you not want to have been there or happened. What was a complete shock and you never wanted to go through?

In Kashyyyk I didnt want to go into the Shadowlands, it just kept spanning and going and going.

Well in KotOR1, after the Leviathan and going to my last planet (Korriban) to find the Star Forge, I never really wanted to do that whole quest thing, I did it so many times, had to go to bed reload, and fight all those baddies again :p

After completing it, I was forced into siding with one of the Darkside goons and I never got it right with the dialogue, I always sided with the wrong guy :p

Ok well when I was on my way to the Star Forge I was like -

" (w00t) Finally! I'm going to the Star Forge which I have only heard of and going to give Malak a kick in the pants!"

Low and behold, ZAP! goes the Ebon Hawk and Im faced with another Planet to traverse and complete. So that was pretty disapointing the Star Forge left for another day to conquer :- .

My KotOR2 bad experiences are, definately! Number 1, Peragus. First time around it was pretty good but it seemed to keep going, and it was pretty depressing with all the bodies and droids everywhere -_- . Peragus was one of those levels where you wanted to get off ASAP, the Ebon Hawk was right there, but the only thing in the way was a locked door :lol: .

KotOR2 was very short also, I was disapointed in Dantooine it was short and I didnt expect it to be so.. well.. crap.

Well that all i can think of for the moment, I gotta go now and Ill post down later my ideas and thoughts on the matter.

A few points:

In K1, characters could have any number of non-Jedi class levels and Jedi levels and maximum level would still end up as 20.

So, could have something like say a Level 4 Soldier/Level 16 Consular or perhaps a Level 8 Sentinel/Level 12 Guardian.

K2 does not have this flexibility. Instead every Jedi class has to reach at least level 15 before having prestige levels. Would rather gain additional levels as a Prestige class and have less of levels as a Jedi class. And not too sure about why level cap is at 50.

Also, randomly generated items made gameplay a torture. If this is going to be in K3, it is going to be just as torturous like previously.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

in kotor 1 the underwater manaan part,real boring

the taris sewers and the undercity i didnt like either

the loading times in both games were annoying

kotor 2 i thought dantoonie was really dissapointing and korriban was too short there should have been more to do.

i also really didnt like kreia and how she forced her way into your party at times.

other than that i cant really think of a lot except for the k2 ending and all the missing content in it.

Guest The Architect

Worst KOTOR moments...

-BioWare made it far too obvious that you were Revan, they did a piss poor job of covering up an overrated plot-twist IMO, they should have done a better job...

-When Malak reveals that you are Revan (it's very obvious that you are Revan before the so-called 'jaw dropping' revelation) it was rather frustrating that Dantooine got destroyed because I wanted to return to Dantooine to talk to/kill the Jedi Masters after the whole 'plot twist' revelation...

-Not being able to recruit Calo Nord and Darth Bandon as party members was rather frustrating.

-Being forced to choose to side with the Republic/Jedi or the Sith was disappointing. What about a 'grey' ending? There were plenty of possible 'grey' type endings that KOTOR could of had, sure you'd still fight Malak and kill him, but why do you have to be LS/DS to do that?

-Not being able to kill Carth as a DSM was annoying...

Apart from that, yeah, there were plenty of other minor disappointments, bad moments or criticisms that I have with KOTOR, but they are my major 'worst KOTOR moments'...

Worst KOTOR II moments...

-Obsidian did a piss poor job of trying to cover up the plot-twist of Kreia being Darth Traya...

-Obviously it was disappointing that KOTOR II had lots of cut-content, hence resulting in a game without proper endings/closure and instead anti-climatic garbage, and also all the annoying bugs/glitches KOTOR II had...

Apart from that, KOTOR II was awesome, I have no criticisms for it, it just sucks how all the really important, climatic stuff got cut. Considering all the awesome stuff Obsidian had planned (M4-78. the HK-Factory, the proper endings) they should have completed the endings first and worked there way backwards, so if they ran out of time, well then Peragus would be cut, but so what? :)

Or complete the endings and the beginning, so we have an ending and a beginning (the most important parts in a story IMO) so if some/most of the middle-parts are missing, it doesn't matter, as long as we get the core parts of the story.

They could have made Peragus shorter, cut Korriban altogether, made Nar Shaddaa shorter so then they might have had time to include the HK-Factory, the endings and M4-78, do you folks agree?

Edited by The Architect

For K1, Taris, I think. On a first play-through, it gives a false impression of what the game will be like. It's way too long and quest-heavy for a beginning planet, and you get so involved in finishing the quests that it's easy to forget what you're supposed to be doing there. It isn't until you finally take off in Ebon Hawk that the game gets a sense of direction and shifts into gear, and you begin to love it and sign on for the ride.

The main thing that really ruins the K2 game experience is that once you have found all the masters, the game takes total control. From there, you are railroaded from one cut-scene after another until you land on Malachor... where all you do is hack & slash. Your companions are suddenly gone except for Mira (which makes no sense) and Remote, and you meet only 2 people you can actually interact with. It's frustrating and very disappointing, every time. Even if I know what to expect, it makes me sad, because up until that point the game was exceptional.

KOTOR I...

I thought Tattooine was a bit drawn out with nothing but too much desert. I mean, by the time I left to head over to the Sand People enclave and got there I was bored from all that travelling. And that bollocky side quest of finding that holocron for Bastila's mother really annoyed me. I mean, I just spend god knows how long running around the desert doing this and that, and when I finally return and get ready to board the Ebon Hawk, this bimbo comes along and starts yacking it up about Bastila's poor sick mother and before I know it, I'm back in the desert AGAIN. That annoyed me.

Mannan was way too big IMO, as far as getting from say, point A to point C or D. I actually enjoyed the underwater part (fighting the insane Selkath) EXCEPT....for when it came time for me to put on the suit and go running around underwater zapping oversized bollocky fish with a stun gun. I wasnt' too thrilled with that part. Additionally, that "Fishy Fishy" character who hid in the locker and wouldnt come out, made me want to jump into the game, physically drag him out and give him a good ass whooping.

KOTOR II

Peragus, for obvious reasons because it was waaaaayyyyy too long. I could have traveled from Brooklyn to Atlantic City and back and still be on the Peragus level it was so drawn out. Good lord.

Korriban should have had a bit more (i.e. being able to enter the tombs you were able to enter in KOTOR I).

I hated the idea that you were stuck with both Mandalore and Visas when boarding the Ravenger. I mean, why oh why oh why could we not be able to select other characters.

I thought there could have been a bit more dialogue with Kreia (she's fabulous, I love her) and the jedi council as opposed to when the exile initially approaches the masters in the enclave.

On Kreia, i just wish there was more background on her character.

Anyways, those are my bolocky two cents...enjoy.

I hated the idea that you were stuck with both Mandalore and Visas when boarding the Ravenger. I mean, why oh why oh why could we not be able to select other characters.

Memory serves it originally was a minor plot point, with Visas healing a wound Mandalore received and them walking the surface of Malachor V together later. Personally I didn't mind it, it makes perfect sense. Visas would have to be there. Period. Otherwise her character arc (darksided or lightsided) would be completely destroyed. Did you need Mandalore? No but with the Mandalorians aiding you (supposedly) somewhat it made a hell of a lot of sense.

250px-Gotofull.jpg

Tankdroid.jpg

Also, continuing where I left off earlier, am not exactly sure about why such a character like G0T0 was doing back in a period of TSL. G0T0 and Sentry Droid Mark l models are almost like look-alikes, with differences being only with names. And the concept of using holo-projected images from a droid model was hard to believe.

Would have also liked to see more of walker droids in K2, apart from tank droid in military base. Tank droid was hardly a challenge in terms of attacks. If I can remember, it had a flame attack, and an occasional laser rate of fire. And that was all.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

250px-Gotofull.jpg         

Tankdroid.jpg

Also, continuing where I left off earlier, am not exactly sure about why such a character like G0T0 was doing back in a period of TSL. G0T0 and Sentry Droid Mark l models are almost like look-alikes, with differences being only with names. And the concept of using holo-projected images from a droid model was hard to believe.

Would have also liked to see more of walker droids in K2, apart from tank droid in military base. Tank droid was hardly a challenge in terms of attacks. If I can remember, it had a flame attack, and an occasional laser rate of fire. And that was all.

I rarely (almost never) used GOTO...another annoying little b***ard. I have more fun playing T3.

250px-Gotofull.jpg         

Tankdroid.jpg

I rarely (almost never) used GOTO...another annoying little b***ard. I have more fun playing T3.

K1 there was nothing bad

K2 the ending was terrible

and i hate the big droid thing

250px-Gotofull.jpg         

Tankdroid.jpg

Yep. Goto is the most useless character in all of Star Wars. Even the cut content can not save him in my eyes.

About the walker droids, Telos was only supposed to be a taste of what you'll see later. M4-78 had some more of these walker droids.

M4-78 was the greatest planet in KOTOR 2. Too bad it was cut.

My worst moments in KOTOR 2 were:

1)Peragus - No comments. :(

2)Mira in the Ebon Hawk - No offense, the character is good, but in the Ebon Hawk she talks like she just had 3-4 beers.

3)Disciple - Eh :-"

In KOTOR 1:

1)The Selkath "Court" - Man, that was a royal pain.

2)Some of the council members - Liars!

Worst KOTOR moments...

-BioWare made it far too obvious that you were Revan, they did a piss poor job of covering up an overrated plot-twist IMO, they should have done a better job...

-When Malak reveals that you are Revan (it's very obvious that you are Revan before the so-called 'jaw dropping' revelation) it was rather frustrating that Dantooine got destroyed because I wanted to return to Dantooine to talk to/kill the Jedi Masters after the whole 'plot twist' revelation...

-Not being able to recruit Calo Nord and Darth Bandon as party members was rather frustrating.

-Being forced to choose to side with the Republic/Jedi or the Sith was disappointing. What about a 'grey' ending? There were plenty of possible 'grey' type endings that KOTOR could of had, sure you'd still fight Malak and kill him, but why do you have to be LS/DS to do that?

Apart from that, yeah, there were plenty of other minor disappointments, bad moments or criticisms that I have with KOTOR, but they are my major 'worst KOTOR moments'...

-Obsidian did a piss poor job of trying to cover up the plot-twist of Kreia being Darth Traya...

-Obviously it was disappointing that KOTOR II had lots of cut-content, hence resulting in a game without proper endings/closure and instead anti-climatic garbage, and also all the annoying bugs/glitches KOTOR II had...

Apart from that, KOTOR II was awesome, I have no criticisms for it, it just sucks how all the really important, climatic stuff got cut. Considering all the awesome stuff Obsidian had planned (M4-78. the HK-Factory, the proper endings) they should have completed the endings first and worked there way backwards, so if they ran out of time, well then Peragus would be cut, but so what?  :p

Or complete the endings and the beginning, so we have an ending and a beginning (the most important parts in a story IMO) so if some/most of the middle-parts are missing, it doesn't matter, as long as we get the core parts of the story.

They could have made Peragus shorter, cut Korriban altogether, made Nar Shaddaa shorter so then they might have had time to include the HK-Factory, the endings and M4-78, do you folks agree?

Don't think that I'm ignorant or stupid but I really had no idea that I was Revan; so it really was a jaw dropping moment for me when Malak told me. IMO they did a pretty good job. :cool:

Edited by sion01

The Endar Spire. Completely takes away from any immersion whatsoever. There are way better tutorials than having someone shouting in the middle of battle "PRESS THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON TO USE YOUR MEDPAC!".

Other than that. Excellent story for K1.

K2. It's just that stretch from the Ravenger to Trayus Academy. Nihilus and Sion had little backstory to them in order to make it a personal motivation to put an end to them. And there's very little dialogue sequences that relfect any importance on the story other than that with Kreia.

Edited by Terranova

KOTOR I:

-The obvious Revan revelation. They didn't need to keep dropping hint after hint. A few clues spread out over time would have been better than everyone hinting you were so damn special it was obvious where they were going with it.

-Linearity of Taris. I enjoyed it for the most part, but after the first couple of play throughs knowing that I had to finish Taris before I could move on in the game made me weary about playing again.

KOTOR II:

-The ending. 'Nuff said.

-Plot holes, but that sort of goes with the ending/cut content/time constraint thing.

-Peragus/early stages of Telos. Much like my complaint about Taris in K1, I didn't like just how long the early stages were until you could actually go on a non-linear path.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KotOR1, after they revealed your Revan, all you hear is REVAN, REVAN, REVAN, REVAN and so on

The convos with Bao-Dur could have lasted more, now come on he could of talked of the war similar to Candy did.

G0-T0 Incredibly useless.

Thats all I have for now, good ideas though

Worst KOTOR moments...

Apart from that, KOTOR II was awesome, I have no criticisms for it, it just sucks how all the really important, climatic stuff got cut. Considering all the awesome stuff Obsidian had planned (M4-78. the HK-Factory, the proper endings) they should have completed the endings first and worked there way backwards, so if they ran out of time, well then Peragus would be cut, but so what?  >_<

Don't think that I'm ignorant or stupid but I really had no idea that I was Revan; so it really was a jaw dropping moment for me when Malak told me. IMO they did a pretty good job. :cool:

I must be daft as well because I didnt put 2 and 2 together either :ph34r:

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

I shamefully had a friend ruin it for me, he came along and told me the WHOLE THING ABOUT YOU BEING REVAN.

Now seriously that has just screwed up my KotOR1 experience so to speak

He isnt my friend anymore :p